1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Deshaun Watson Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Jan 28, 2021.

?

Which trade package do you like best?

1. NYJ

60 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. MIA

30 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. JAX

24 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Other (state your preference in a post)

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I’d do this deal, hard to pass that up

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Sooooo you're basically trading for Carolina's offense which has proven to be nothing special... A running back with a massive contract who's coming off of a major injury who played 3 games? Burns is interesting but honestly if you do this deal this is a colossal failure.

But with everything we've seen from the Texans so far they'd prolly do this deal and throw in Fuller and Cooks.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, not the package.
    Only if CMC could be rerouted for stud defenders or high picks.
    I could entertain Burns, Chinn, Moore two firsts and two seconds.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The Texans, if they trade Watson, do not need ANY high priced players. They need picks. But teams also realize picks are valuable.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

2 first round picks will not be enough. CMC is already getting banged up. The other players are easy to find elsewhere. Only way the Panthers get into the mix will be with 3 or more first round picks. Even then it may preclude the Texans from securing the QB they desire in this draft picking at 8. Next year the QB stock isnt as touted as this year. IF the TExans move on from Watson they must secure the next franchise QB in the process otherwise you will find yourself mired in another 10 year QB carousel.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Trade out Robby Anderson for Donte Jackson and throw in another pick or two.

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, and I’m not even sure 8th pick gets that QB

Verbal Christ likes this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

too risky. Lawrence, Wilson and Fields will probably be gone at 8. Either you would need to expend more draft capital moving up after the deal or you try to convince yourself Mac Jones is a franchise QB.

Funny thing is I was really high on Teddy Ballgame coming out of college. Havent kept up with him as much after the horrible injury, but he's had enough time to stick and he's just a stopgap vet at this point.

Carolina is not a a good partner IMO. They can use those players to try and secure a top 5 pick and then it would make more sense.

BamBam and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Same, I loved Teddy coming out. Injuries derailed things and he’s nothing more than a stop gap at this point.
    I’m still not sold on Fields, I would probably choose Lance over him personally.
    Wilson is the guy I really want.

Shark44 and Verbal Christ like this.
  10. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

After seeing what Pep Hamilton did to really help Justin Herbert thrive as a rookie in LA, I feel that they know he’s the guy to help groom the next QB. I’m very intrigued with Wilson’s arm strength and ability to make “off script” plays. Deshaun traded to the Jets for a massive haul is the best case Deshaun trade scenario IMO. Take Wilson, let Pep work his magic, and rebuild the defense.

Shark44, Chilly_Pete and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This is my best case scenario as well.

Htown Legend likes this.
  12. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

13. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I want the Jets trade because I'm falling more and more in love with Wilson. Q. Williams, Darnold, 2 firsts and 2 seconds... Grab Wilson, stop gap Darnold then trade him. The second this year is only 2 outside a first and then next year we will have 2 firsts and 2 2nds

14. Mattician

Mattician Member

I'd prefer another FRP instead of Darnold. If you draft and sit Wilson the first year, you can just sign another QB for 1 year.

#394 Mattician, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Shark44 likes this.
  15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Can Watson say NO for the Jet trade? The Jet is a bad team, why does he ask to traded to a bad team.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He can for sure. Saleh being there is why I think he’s linked to them.
    He may be able to veto a trade but that doesn’t mean Texans have to take the worst package either.

17. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I have a somewhat silly question, how exactly does the no trade clause work.

I get that he has to approve it before the deal can go through, but does that mean he has to approve the entire trade, or just approve which team he's willing to go to? Because him agreeing to go to the Jets, although they may have a higher ceiling coach, they IMO have a much worse roster than us....which really says something.

Aside from like 3 guys, I don't know if much of anyone there is worth anything. Plus giving up all those assets, would assuredly put them on the wrong side of a 4+ year rebuild.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

they can probably say “DW, we’re working with the Jets. If they give us what we want we’re happy to trade you there. Will you be ok going it the Jets with what lever we get back.” And see what he says.

Conversely, he can say “nah fam, when I see the deal I’ll decide whether to excercise my no trade clause or not”

19. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Yeah, that makes sense. Because I distinctly remember one of these leaked reports that said he didn't want to go anywhere that was going to have to gut their team for him...

So I guess he'll have to sign off of the entire deal...