1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Jeez, that sucked.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Ouch, that was pretty much a free fall.

3. Sajan

Sajan Member

:eek:
    yes i experienced this yest with CCIV. lol
    and gme a few wekes ago.

CCity Zero likes this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lolol. I heard about that while I was driving. They lost a potential USPS deal to Oshkosh. I know it was down something like 55% at least at one point, so somebody's making money off of it in the afterhours going long. lol.

saitou and CCity Zero like this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's fine. But you're pretty much screwed. :D lol. Market was barely down. Well, except NASDAQ and trash stonks.

6. Sajan

Sajan Member

No such as trash stonks. If it's trash, then it's a stock.
    If it's stonks, it always goes up.

Anyways, I am down 15% today. Sold some of my positive stuff and bought the dips on some more SPACS lol.

SPAC holdings:
    CCIV (Lucid)
    IPOE (SoFi)
    NPA (AST Spacemobile)
    DMYD (Genius)
    BFT (Paysafe)
    PSTH ?
    IPOD ?
    IPOF ?
    QELL ?

OTHER:
    WTRH
    PLTR

MSFT and my index funds are over at vanguard. I punch myself if I try to login there. So I don't do anything stupid. The above are at TDA.

CCity Zero likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Battle-fought my way to a not-total-disaster of a day. Here's to hoping things pick back up a little this week.

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, that sucks on both, sorry to hear that.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I think Ford is in the deal too, I didn't see the particulars yet but bought some cheap calls at close. I'm sure I won't get much out of it since it was Osk getting all the attn, But didn't go crazy either. Was trying to leave more out over night.

10. Sajan

Sajan Member

Oh don't worry I am still up on CCIV on my profit shares.
    And GME was trash play. Rode it from 40 to 60 and then 90 to 400+ lol and diamond handed it. ended up selling at various price points during the drops..
    Not bad but I was saying those drops are terrible. I lost a few years of my life when those halts happened.

CCity Zero likes this.
  11. Sajan

Sajan Member

The one SPAC I passed on.....THCB is benefiting from it.
    But I don't like investing in Chinese companies. So I stay away from BABA, NIO, Microvast (THCB) etc.

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

What's the deal here? Y go up so much?

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I don't like investing in them either, the few times I have they have been extremely short trades or not big positions. I'm just worried w/ tariffs and some of the political climate it could shift rapidly and quickly get you stuck, so I pretty much avoid them.

14. Sajan

Sajan Member

Right. Or they are scams like Luckin.

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Exactly, that was an absolute disaster when the news hit. I know it was discussed some on the thread but I don't recall if anyone owned any on here.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm not sure what Ford does other than provide the Transits, but even at that, I think it's a 10-year contract for something like 50,000-150,000 vehicles. Plus Ford is something like 6 or 7 times the size of Oshkosh, so it may not be as much of a needle-mover for Ford -- just a guess.

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I think you're right regarding it not doing much for ford, I was basically looking for cheap options to get a quick return. It was trending in the right direction in AH and then pretty much died. OSK was already way too priced in once WKHS basic jumped off a cliff.

18. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Anyone in GRSV? They announced they are targeting Ardagh Metal Packaging, at an $8.5B valuation and the shady thing to me is the target company is a spinoff of a public company (NYSE: ARD) that is only worth $5.7B market cap and the parent company is going to retain 80% ownership. How is this not an arbitrage or fraud situation?

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1816816/000119312521051423/d61123dex992.htm

saitou and Sajan like this.
  19. Sajan

Sajan Member

Ya I mentioned in this thread earlier that I didn't like how the GHIV to UWMC turned out.
    So I stayed away from GRSV.

20. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

UWMC has been one of my biggest losers in the past 12 months but I doubled down on it recently because they are a legit company (they service my mortgage and my mortgage broker friend loves working with them) and I see them as value play because at the current market price, it's like a ~5.0% dividend yield. I also think the fears of the housing market slowing are overblown cuz here in California, the housing market is still on fire with no end in sight.