1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's Tax Returns - NYT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobrek, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Nah, Don the Con will just give it up for a pardon...:rolleyes:

RayRay10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  2. marky :)

marky :) Member

Lol at people not trying to cheat on their taxes.

That expensive dinner you decided to have on a "business trip" that you want to write off is definitely not an example. :rolleyes:

RayRay10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I move to add an amendment to the Constitution requiring all general election candidates for President to release 10 years of their tax data to be on the ballot. No more monkeying around about traditions or tax audits or whatever. Natural born citizen, over 35, and 10 years of tax data.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just got to get the Dems in control and it will happen.

DD

Blatz likes this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think that needs to be an amendment to the Constitution. States could add that as a requirement to be on the ballot. If I recall CA is planning on adding that

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I have no confidence that the SCOTUS would uphold it.

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

aurence Tribe
    @tribelaw

Justice Kennedy’s retirement in good health is looking curiouser and curiouser with every new Deutschebank revelation from the tax returns Trump tried so hard to hide.

Replying to
    @tribelaw
    I was told, but no proof was presented, that it was Justine Kennedy who personally approved the loan and he did so for other money losing Trump deals. Trump used this against Justice Kennedy with the threat Justine would go to jail.

seemoreroyals and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

It’s not a write off. It is an expensive. Yeah I know I am that guy.

9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

As demented as ever...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

My constitutional amendment is that a President can serve 2 terms, but they can't be consecutive.

basso likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's he so desperate in hiding? You know his desperation to keep his taxes a secret for so many years must mean he has been lying about something.

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Nothing about the SCOTUS being conservative?

I suspect he's not a billionaire like he makes himself out to be. Also I'm sure there is all kinds of lying and illegal coverup going on that's about to get exposed. You'd say well that's a federal issue but there is also NY taxes which is a state issue. It's just the beginning of the lawsuits coming his way.

deb4rockets, B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. edwardc

edwardc Member

Add 10 years of all there financial data lets not take any chances and look at it all.

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Honestly in the modern era they should revise stuff.

House shouldn't be up every 2 years. Make it 4 years, or 3 or something to try to break the constant election cycle.

President should be 6 year term. Amend it so a President can serve no more than 10 consecutive years ( to account for a VP who takes over for a POTUS).

No elected federal official may hold an equivalent office for more than 18 consecutive years. (3 senate terms)

joshuaao, adoo and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. adoo

adoo Member

I am all for it

for a new POTUS, it takes ~ a yr to learn and adapt.
    because re-election will no longer be an issue, the POTUS can then devote 100% of the time serving the people​

justtxyank likes this.
  17. justtxyank

i m for it.

for a new POTUS, it takes ~ a yr to learn and adapt.
    because re-election will no be an issue, the POTUS can then devote 100% of the time serving the people​
    [/QUOTE]

Yeah and by making it 1 six year term instead of a combined 8 years if they serve twice, you basically hack off the extra 2 years that they do nothing anyway. You eliminate an election in the middle, hopefully the POTUS gets 4 years of actual governing out of 6 instead of 4 out of 8 in current system.

I don't know, I'm sure it has flaws, but I just hate our current system. Constant elections.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The ironic part about all of this is that if the New York Times got 10 years worth of Trump's taxes already, it's virtually certain that the Manhattan DA (whether it was from his acocuntants or not) has obtained all that and more already.

The temper tantrums and the very expensive court fight is all theater and yet another Trump loyalty test, rather than a real effort to change a result.

London'sBurning likes this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I really like some of this. If nothing else, it would cut down on the non-stop need for fundraising.

justtxyank likes this.
  20. justtxyank

I admit is is only briefly thought out so I don't pretend it is perfect, but I think the general idea of reforming the terms to make fewer elections and further apart is a good one. Our elected officials basically live in a constant campaign and fundraising cycle at this point.