1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: “We’re just not good enough....”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Jan 12, 2021.

1. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Ironically, that what a lot of Trump supporters say about him, making this just a little funny.

Harden said he had done everything he could for this city - not true.

He said this could not be fixed - not true.

He did speak some truths, but he let some hyperbole and absolutes sneak in to protect himself, so while he may have been being honest, it doesn't make all that he said true, nor defensible.

Not trying to start anything, I just think defending him at this point is a little silly.

2. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

You're delusional... this team isn't that good... LeBron needs stars to contend... multiple stars... This isn't the shitty Leastern Conference.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

they may have thought it was worth a shot to start the season and hope that we get off to a hot start and he might be willing to see where this goes. could've been totally different with a 8-2 start. maybe he figures give it another 10 games and see if we're still atop the west. 15-5?, give it to the deadline. 31-19?, see how we do in the playoffs and revisit the trade request next offseason. instead we're 3-6 (or whatever our record is) and he realized this is going nowhere fast.

and I know people are grieving in their own ways about this but I don't blame James, an MVP in his prime, for wanting to compete for a ring. he looks at the last 3 offseason and sees a pattern, just like all of us see, of cost cutting instead of trying to win, and he decides its time to go. I can't blame him for wanting out. it got messy as he went about it in a less than professional way, but that doesn't undo all of the good he did while he was committed to the rockets over the past decade.

glynch, D-rock, Reeko and 1 other person like this.
  4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yeah a lot of us had homer goggles on to start the season. happens every year when we think this random minimum signing is going to be a great starter for us lol. a team that relies on brown, nwaba, Macklemore, Tate, cousins, and house (technically not minimum but close) as the majority of your rotation is going to be bad. each could be good as a 10th-11th guy but not as 5th-9th.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  5. caneks

caneks Rookie

in strip club?

stefanb likes this.
  6. stefanb

stefanb Member

Awesome. Now i can watch the rockets again. Glad he is gone, such a boring player to watch. He just relied on drawing fouls and throwing up threes. Runs the clock down with no ball movement. Going to be interesting to watch the rox rebuild. Would have been nice to see jvg as coach. I'm still worried about fertitta being owner though.

chadyang and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  7. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Losing basketball is definitely more entertaining... I agree!

D-rock likes this.
  8. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

God damn you, Harden!!

9. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Since he's been trying for 8 years...
    So explain to me this, we almost won it all with Chris Paul. So why then did Harden want Chris Paul out and Westbrook in?

LosPollosHermanos and Easy like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The damning thing is he wasn't good enough too this early into the season.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pretty simple, he won't listen to CP3 one iota.

CP3 felt disrespected too.

The first year it was all honeymoon, things were swept under a rug.

They were winning and CP3 turned a blind eye on the issues he felt were important.

And I think Harden is the sort of guy who is interested in talking to new teammates, once that wears off, it's back to selfish hero ball.

And I bet CP3 wasn't content with Morey and MDA as well behind closed doors because they were enablers to Harden's regime.

WB felt the same.

#171 daywalker02, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Harden fans like to claim that he "almost won" with a talented team in 2018, yet conveniently gloss over the role he played in the Paul-Westbrook trade. "I know exactly what we need to do!"

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He ****ed us and left . Writing on the wall for a while ever since he ushered paul off I’ve been labeled a hater for calling him out

TWS1986 likes this.
  14. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

You mean when CP3's production plummeted the following season after getting his fat contract and still missing 20+ games? Then waiting until he's on another team to get back into shape?

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden was prophetic...Bobbythegreat with ridiculous amounts of delusion on the 1st page

[​IMG]

time to tank and hopefully find that next player that we can build around and who will carry the franchise for almost a decade...maybe 7-10 years from now we can get back to the baseline of what a typical season was during the Harden era: 50+ wins and at least a 2nd round appearance

Deuce, jiggyfly, rockbox and 4 others like this.
  16. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Good luck trying to swindle another generational player from another sucker when the GM who pulled off that robbery is now also gone.

MettaWorldPete, Reeko, YOLO and 2 others like this.
  17. riko

riko Member

A firestorm of a bad /broke owner, average talents like Wall( who nothing more then a role player) and a rookie GM was enough to drive out a walking playoff birth.

Harden saw the writing on the wall and didn’t want to waste his prime anymore.

ksny15, D-rock, s3ts and 1 other person like this.
  18. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

Can’t deny it. He knew what he was talking about. They don’t have enough bullets. Haven’t seen a Rockets team this talent challenged in a long time.

jiggyfly, ksny15, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  19. riko

riko Member

Listen to Silas post game. 38 seconds into it he says our chemistry isn’t there. Sounds familiar? Are we going to continue blame harden?

Rocket River and D-rock like this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Which is why Silas gets a pass
    He cannot make chicken salad out of (injured) chicken isht

Rocket River