1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bulls @ Rockets 2/22/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Beats all you idiots that felt this team didn’t need Harden and that the offense would be so good with “democracy ball” and “no sticky ball”.... welcome to reality b****es.

Appreciate what you have when you have it... now hope that the Rockets draft well in the lottery over the next couple years and this doesn’t last long.

Also make sure you let Fertitta and Senator Cruz and LT. Governor Pax how you feel.

ico4498, vator, Deuce and 12 others like this.
  2. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don’t matter how much a offensive genius Silas is - these guys can’t shoot!

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

That’s glass half empty thinking right there

Mr Woods likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I stepped out of the house, and the Rockets were down 32-31...I come back, and they’re down 103-78

[​IMG]

HP3, Kim, Nook and 2 others like this.
  5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think Jeff Luhnow is available.

HP3, payaso and Nook like this.
  6. s3ts

s3ts Member

How about when you have a Harden, you go all-in with him and spend more than the other teams?

Look up the salary caps the past few seasons and see how much Rockets actually spent. Could the franchise have spent more money to provide Harden more talent?

The answer is ABSOLUTELY.

ak99999, HP3 and MettaWorldPete like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tilman has had the last laugh . . . Morey? MDA? Harden? where are any of those guys now?

8. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Pull out Gordon too. He cold lately

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

why are people bummed out? losing is winning this season.

hakeem94, HP3, BMoney and 1 other person like this.
  10. juanming

juanming Member

I hate to pull the race card on the coach but dude the reason you didn't get a coaching gig for 22 years is not because you're black its because you lack complete common sense

we get blown out by 30 points by the Bulls we can't shoot from the outside and yet by far our best 3-point shooter Mason Jones rots on the bench game after game

I mean if they are about to trade Gordon and wall then I will eat crow and and they are showcasing them but I don't think that's what's going on

I don't think we can trade Gordon or wall regardles

I think the coach picks his favorites from loyalty in from being friends and being too nice and smiling too much and then he if you don't get on his good side like Mason Jones you sit on the bench even if you're the best three-point shooter and we need three point shooting badly

I tried to get Silas the benefit of the doubt I waited half the season before I made this post but damn he would rather cut off his nose to spite his face what a moron

Jvg or Lucas would have been worse

This comes from the top...I no longer trust tad or tilman in making coaching hires...all three of our top choices including Silas absolutely suck

hakeem94 and ak99999 like this.
  11. Puppet Master

Puppet Master Member

So cold the heater froze

Worrell got bars

12. HardenVolumeOne

I could be petty and bump the “trade harden” thread. But I won’t because it’s not even worth it. Do people realize how hard it is to get an all time great player lol. It’s insanely hard, especially in the nba. And so many here wanted him gone in his prime smh

HP3 and MettaWorldPete like this.
  13. TimDuncanDonaut

Every NBA team can have their day. Bulls will win some games. But we're getting blown out. Can't blame it on lack of practice or lack of rest. We had both so.

Gonna call it a night.

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. csc177

csc177 Member

Down by 28 to the bulls? 8th straight? Expectations are low enough that Silas won’t be on hot seat. Injuries and early drama (you know losing a franchise player) plagued his first season as head coach.

but don’t get it twisted this team has a myriad of holes Stone better get to filling this offeseason

ak99999 and MettaWorldPete like this.
  15. Junebball

Junebball Member

JVG would have gotten much more with this group. The Rockets are poorly coached. After extra day of practice, they look worse

ak99999 likes this.
  16. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Would love to keep Nwaba back but he should be playing in a contender team.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I've said trading him was the stupidest thing we could do since the rumors started.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  18. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

We mortgaged our future multiple times in the interest of short-term victories over the years. When we acquired CP3, we traded away a raft of attractive young players: Montrezl, Lou Williams, and Pat Beverly along with our first round pick in 2018. Our 2019 first rounder was traded away to offload Brandon Knight's contract. Our 2020 first rounder (along with a number of future picks and swaps) went out the door with the Westbrook trade. The last first round pick this team had was in 2015.

You can't put all of this on Tillman. Fact is we went all-in and didn't get it done. Our window has since closed, and we are left with a roster of mediocre veterans who make sense as "fit" players on a developed roster but have no value for a team full of subpar players.

The best shot we had for continuing to play somewhat capably was the Harden trade, and the FO decided accumulating first rounders was more important than getting any talent back at all, basically giving away Jarrett Allen for nothing and Caris Lavert for an over the hill Oladipo. Chances are any moves we make at the deadline will be to offload talent, not get anyone back, so we mine as well get used to blowouts and sucking.

gfab-babyboi, Amel, Kim and 1 other person like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

But but but cf’s said the culture and ball movement would be great. Reality checks sure are a b**** huh. Rockets sucking for years is news to you? It shouldn’t be. Only delusional folks thought this team would be any good or relevant without a true elite player hiding the long list of flaws so many of these players have. If You didn’t appreciate what this team had. That’s your own fault. Get used it what it is now

20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

you have to play to win in your heart or it’s all for nothing

hakeem94 likes this.