1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Is this... is this the end? Of growth stocks season? Oh lawd.

SPCE hiring some outside the box people today BTW.

2. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oof .. rough day. Rebound tomorrow.

jayhow92 and Sajan like this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

4. adoo

adoo Member

did some extrapolation, goin on a limb.

SDGR will trade up to 125 before the 4 March ERS
    [​IMG]

sold a 115/110 PUT credit spread, collecting a premium of $2.65, defining my max risk of $2.35​

saitou likes this.
  5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

@Dr of Dunk are you still invested in copper? Recommended tickers? Is fcx good? Projections look profitable at good price, but I'm a copper pricing noob.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I bought FCX for long-term/infrastructure/recovery play with a small bit of gold thrown in last June around $11, I think. I'm still in it considering I'm still waiting for the infrastructure play to even get started. It's kind of like other stocks where anticipation has driven up price a lot already, though. I'm still staying in it until it gives me reason to dump it. They still run the 2nd largest gold mine on the planet and they're also in silver (I think). If you're interested in others in the sector, RIO, SCCO, and BHP all run in the same circles, although they each do a little something different. Like I think BHP or RIO is also into iron mines. SCCO throws out a dividend and is the largest publically traded copper company, I think. I didn't look into it as much back then because I've always been in FCX when I wanted to go for copper/gold combo. It's also oddly enough a good inflation hedge.

Copper prices have skyrocketed the past month or so, so like I said - I'm not getting out yet. I also saw this from Goldman on ZeroHedge the other day : https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/goldman-warns-historic-shortage-copper-explodes-higher

CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  7. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Thanks for the knowledge, will look into these, need to up my boomer stonks game.

With exro, i see 3 potential outcomes down the road: (1) a big company (like a ford) partners with them, validating the moat/value of EXRO, share price rockets (2) a big company comes out with its own solution without infringing EXRO's patents. EXRO price tanks. EXRO's biz will still have value selling its tech to the smaller tier manufacturers it currently partners with, but the TAM would be a lot smaller if it isn't that hard for bigger companies reproduce. (3) they get bought out.

My uneducated guess is that a big company could probably get the same results with enough time and $, but it isn't easy either or tsla wouldnt still be on a 2 motors system. Cap is below $500m, considering VW has a $14bn annual r &d budget, a $1bn buyout may be attractive to a bigger car company trying to get ahead/differentiate.

Short term catalysts are tsx and nasdaq up listing. Tsx expected in 1q. Still a lot of risk and qn marks, but at current price the reward looks highly asymmetric and bigly to me.

#15287 saitou, Feb 22, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Many of those have been climbing for months. So have the re-open stocks like cruise lines. But I'd watch for news this week about anything Jerome Powell says as he's being questioned by Congress this week. Inflation fears are big and any hint toward interest rate changes could wreck the market. Some say much of the recent selling has been because of inflation fears.

This is one of those "wth, why not?" stocks for me. I can't find enough decent info about what they're really doing. On the surface, it seems like some hype like Nikola, but even less. I saw they were hooked up with a motorcycle company, but it's on a motorcycle that looks like it was built in somebody's spare time and only about 2000 units. I guess everybody's got to start somewhere. I may just buy a small piece just for the hell of it and see what it does, but I'm more eager to see what happens the rest of this week with Powell and the market in general.

saitou likes this.
  9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Cokebabies likes this.
  10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Well this crash is going to take all my money

Sajan likes this.
  11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Woah super red. Cut now and time the re-entry or hodl?

Edit: couldn't resist buying the dip on nndm. Recent offering was at $12.80. $10.50 seems too cheap...

12. Sajan

Sajan Member

Yikes.

Ziggy likes this.
  13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

If anyone knows what's going on with the macro and rates I'm all ears. Is this going to be like an october 2020? March 2020?

14. AWIN

AWIN Member

Nice call, already creeping back up.

saitou likes this.
  15. Sajan

Sajan Member

Home Depot tops estimates as sales surge 25%, but shares fall on worries pandemic gains won’t last

Don't these companies know it's better to not have a good earnings? Or revenue.

Ziggy likes this.
  16. AWIN

AWIN Member

Sajan did you get out of CCIV in time? Of course once the merger is confirmed it dumps...only speculation makes money these days.

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

I sold half when I was up 200% lol.
    Still up 110% on the rest.

The deal is actually pretty good but some people read the valuation wrong, add in the market "crash", panic selling, "sell the news" monkeys and it's down a bit. I am holding onto the rest of my shares for a little while. Might even add.

saitou and AWIN like this.
  18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

What's the valuation of the merged company at $40 a share? Tbh it's not easy to calculate; pipe contributing at different price from cciv shares

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

saitou likes this.
  20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Thanks; so I guess at $40, it's a $64bn market cap for the post merger entity.

Sajan likes this.