1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Have Grown To HATE Tilman Fertitta

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ghettocheeze, Oct 5, 2019.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Oh I appreciate it freedom, but since my freedom doesnt come from the Houston Rockets I wonder why the Rockets need to stand up for it? Its not in the Rox mission vision and I'm not paying league pass for the Rox to stand up for my freedom and equality.

I never said I support these players who are guilty but somehow escape the US system, I dont even know who they are and even if you tell me then you need to prove beyond reasonable doubt they are guilty otherwise that is slander right?

Your original statement was you can't separate politics from any aspect of life. I'm just saying that doesnt make any sense as my politics dont even apply to the US. Why does politics suddenly mean freedom, justice and equality? Why does the Houston Rockets which is a bball org suddenly now needs to stand up for freedom justice and equality like its the freaking avengers? What have you even done to stand up for freedom, justice and equality? HK- China isnt the only issue pertaining to freedom and justice but apparently its the only one that matters according to you.

2. malakas

malakas Member

What do you think is politics? Only what political party to vote for?

No politics is also freedom, democracy and human rights.
    Just because you aren't an american citizen it means nothing. I also am not. Do you have principles? Do you have morals and conscience? All these, the things that make you you are also politics.
    This isn't specific to Hong Kong. I gave you many examples of why politics are all around you in your everyday life. You yourself are the result of the politics of your environment.

So you can't say I am a paying customer so I want the sports team to have nothing to do with politics, because politics are the fabric of society itself. It's impossible to separate each other.

Nook likes this.
  3. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Right. Singling Tilman out for his response to this is kind of garbage. They may do it in a different manner, but nearly every owner in the league would be scrambling to walk this back right now if their GM posted that tweet.

Let's see if a single owner or even a single gm, coach, or player on another team comes to Morey's defense and advocates for freedom in HK. My guess is that none do (definitely not owners), including woke heroes like Silver, Kerr, and Pop. I hope I'm wrong and the NBA as a whole tell China to eff off.

kjayp likes this.
  4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Unpopular opinion: it is unprofessional for public figures to make public statements that damage their employer's revenue. Tillman is right to say they are not a political organization.

That being said, as a matter of personal opinion, I agree with Morey's sentiments wholeheartedly.

D-rock, cml750 and roslolian like this.
  5. Aware

Aware Member

This guy was much more likable when he was just throwing money at UH athletics.

D-rock, RasaqBoi and J.R. like this.
  6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It's important to remember billionaires don't GAF about anything except their $$$.It's how they got to be billionaires.

So take any of their political BS from that perspective.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Politics in the dictionary are the activities associated with the governance of an area. Principles, morals and the fabric of reality itself are all not part of its definition and may be influenced by politics but are clearly not politics.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/politics

Sorry but you are not god and you can't invent your own definition of established words. I dont care if you think politics make up the fabric of reality itself that's not my or the rest of the world's definition of politics.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Politics means that which has to do with the polites, the citizens, the inhabitans of the polis. The polity are the people and society as a whole.

You aren't going to educate me on a word coming from my own damn language now, are you?

It's a 3000 year old concept and I am well aware of its meaning.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

If you know what it means why do you keep saying politics is freedom, justice and equality and everything in the world has to be related to it? Nobody has ever said or used freedom and equality to define politics in fact most people see politics as messy and full of compromises, vested interests and gray areas yet here you are acting like it is everything great in the world wrapped in 1 word.

It is sad English is your own damn language yet you still don't understand what your own words mean. You should stay out of these types of discussion since even your own definitions are wrong.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I feel sorry for you..

malakas likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

My language isn't english. It's the language the word politics comes from.

And politics has to do with freedom justice and equality and everything in the world.

Nook likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

I feel sorry for you too, you don't read other peoples' post but feel the need to butt in conversations you weren't included in the first place.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wrong again Politics are the activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, especially the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power.
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/politics

Do you see freedom and justice in the definition of politics? Those can be the result of politics, but so can inequality, crime and corruption.

Don't invent your own definition of politics and then try to argue with others because the world doesn't work that way. We even have a word called "Non-Politics" as in "Tillman declared the Houston Rockets are a non-political organization" just to show that politics doesn't have to do with everything in the world.

Maybe you love politics and inject it into every single aspect of your life but I certainly don't and the Houston Rockets are already declared a non-political entity by its owner. So don't bring that up when people are talking about the Houston Rockets because as the owner already stated that's not what the Houston Rockets are about.

#93 roslolian, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Bump.

Another reason to hate him, was a old article i dug up saying that once the run is done with Harden, he wants to go so far under the payroll to save money for future. So do you see now why the rockets have 3-4 expiring contracts worth 40 Million(Rockets will probably not even trade at Deadline betchya). Payroll will be going to drop to 83 million. The rockets will not spend under him.

You are going to watch the beginning of the New York Knicks with No Payroll, with tons of Draft picks coming this way every year. Player will be sign as 1 year + Team Option on the cheap. No big stars, and you go no Real Competive basketball team in Houston for long period of time. You will see alot of Cfers go. He will now be able to get him another Yachts somewhere in Pacific.

There must of been some sort of tax saving to Waive Cousins so early, i bet you. Dont expect any trades to go down where the rockets get anyone there going to tie up, i even suggest the rockets will hold tight on the players they have till they can rid themselves of there contracts aka Wall + Gordon

I hope this guy sales the team to somebody comes out of the blue who is willing to spend.

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Someone on Twitter was trying to tell me that Tilman made the right decision not signing Ariza cause “It was a solid business move bro”. I hipe that was a Tilman burner cause otherwise very embarrassing for him.

lakersuck2 and HP3 like this.
  16. vator

vator Contributing Member

This topic should be at least 100 pages long.

ghettocheeze and HP3 like this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean in 3 years if players like KPJ, KMJ and Tate pan out to their potential alongside Wood and we get another stud in the draft, suddenly people are going to praise Tillman for creating a great young core.

Nature of sports. Perception and opinion can change quickly.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Mr. Tilman is one of the greatest minds of the 21st century.

ghettocheeze and J.R. like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

From my perspective I view it this way (for a higher mid market team like the Rockets):

When the team has a chance to win a title; the team should be in the tax.

When the team can add a player that will make them a contender, the team should be in the tax.

When the team is first round fodder, there is no reason to be in the tax.

When the team is a .500% team, there is no reason to be in the tax.

When the team is tanking the payroll should be very low and remain there with the one exception being that taking on salary nets the team very good assets.

As the Rockets are constructed currently, they shouldn't be in the tax and they should move their veterans for assets or/and to clear cap space and to save money so that the Rockets can go into the tax in 4-5 years when the Rockets are relevant again.

A bad team in the tax is a poorly ran organization and it is a waste of assets that can be used down the line.

The problem with Tilman is that he didn't go into the tax when he had a championship caliber team, and he didn't go into the tax year after year.... therefore I do not trust that he will ever go into the tax unless he changes his mindset.

ghettocheeze, Deuce, DonKnock and 6 others like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I hate Tillman and I still believe it was the right move to not sign Ariza for 15 million, it's what he has done ever since is what has bothered me.

snowconeman22 likes this.