1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SHAM BOMB] Rockets and Cousins Parting Ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, Feb 20, 2021.

1. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I think the Rockets must be close to a deal involving a young big. Maybe Collins? Or Lauri? It makes no sense unless they are close to a deal

Rudyc281 and hakeem94 like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

More likely a SRP.

Boogie is not going to net a John Collins or Lauri Markkanen.

3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I’ll be happy if they get anything now.

4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Thats fine who's guarding Kyrie? And we know KD is unguardable. What they use Harris to set screens on AD.

D-rock likes this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was 100% butthurt about Melo and Ariza.

hakeem94 and DCkid like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You can ask these same questions for the Lakers. Who's guarding Lebron, AD, and you should have little confidence that Schroeder can be stopped by Kyrie or anyone on that team.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

They are canvassing the league trying to find a team that is amicable for Cousins AND will give up some minimal asset.

Aruba77 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

We already know the Nets are lacking in defense but if it becomes an offensive game. The Lakers can't keep up. Schroeder is nowhere near the offense player as the Nets Big 3.

I don't think you fully understand what we are witnessing right now. There have been like 10 50/40/90 shooters in NBA history and right now the Nets have almost 4 guys doing this on the same team. Lakers won't be able to match 2s with the Nets 3s. I've always thought AD was overrated as heck, he's also injured and may not play again this season. Lebron is the GOAT I have all the respect for him but he just isn't as efficient a scorer as what the Nets have right now.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ill be happy if hes just really gone for good.. dont need nothing in return

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

imho cp3 was perhaps the mvp of the gsw series in 2018 until he went down

chadyang, delta69er and JayGoogle like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

just give him away dont need picks in return

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah, AD isn't overrated, I think the playoffs last year showed that, he came out when they needed him, hit big shots, guarded the best players, they don't even make the WCF without him. Lakers also turned it up during the playoffs because Lebron gets his team to do so. I would not underrate them or think it is as simple as the Nets having more stars so they should win. Because my guess is gues like Gasol, Schroeder, Kuzma, will show up when they are tasked to and no one on the Nets are stopping the Lakers from getting dunks.

3 over 2, yes, but when AD and Lebron realize they can get dunks whenever they want to...well, dunks over contested 3s.

Basically, I think the Lakers will control the paint better and that will lead them to another championship.

13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I'd be happy with a second round pick

D-rock, DonKnock, chadyang and 3 others like this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

While I don’t assume that the Lakers will repeat and take the title this season, I think they have a strong shot at doing so. So much depends on James and Davis staying healthy. If one of them is banged up going into the playoffs, enough to impact his play, LA will be in trouble. They have to get past a couple of strong teams in the West, and more than just the Nets in the East could cause them grief.

These playoffs should be highly entertaining to watch. I expect our players to be watching just like the rest of us, unless they’ve been traded to one of the contenders.

D-rock and JayGoogle like this.
  15. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Facts. I’m just saying no other team that I can remember even got a foundational piece by tanking. Maybe the Rockets for Dream but that was just before my time. I didn’t start watching until 86.

16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

ADs injury reminds me of Durants versus the Rockets. First diagnosed as calf strain then when he tried to play again the Achilles went. I'm scared he may not play again this season.

Also he's overrated cuz teams be led couldn't even make the playoffs.

17. Rockets4Life13

pace is always down in the playoffs, which favors defensive minded teams like the lakers.
    BKN has the best offense but LAL have the best defense right now.

Everyone on the Nets is hot right now, who is to say that they stay this hot? The "post-harden-era rockets" had a stretch where they shot very well from 3 and even tied the franchise record. Now they can't throw the ball in the ocean.

I think defense is highly overrated during the regular season and underrated in the post season.
    I still favor the Lakers, but the Nets are looking good.

18. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Thanks for the obvious info. I meant if they have a deal trading other players on their roster for a young big man. For this leak to come out about Cousins must mean they are close and Cousins will not be in the rotation

19. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

A conspiracy theorist would say we got Bucks FRP and KPJ.

20. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I see what you meant, I mistyped my point. I'm not sure what I was trying to say either.