1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Recommendation] Dishwasher repair

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The power outages apparently shorted something in the dishwasher and now it won't run. It was switched off in the breaker box when I got back home and if I switch it back on, it just goes right back off.

I've never had to get an appliance repaired before. So if anyone can recommend someone who is good, please do. I'm in Cypress.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

How much was it new? Is it under warranty?

May be time to get a new one with a warranty.

FrontRunner likes this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Don't see a manufactured date but it's in a house that was built in 2018. GE model GDF510PSJ6SS

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You ever thought about youtubing it? I fixed my own refrigerator when it went out. Chances are you just need a new main logic board. You just need to look into disassembling to get to it, plug and play, and then re-assemble.

Of course, that goes on the theory that it's always the main logic board. On rare occasions, it may not be. I once replaced the main logic board on my garage door opener not knowing for sure. And, it fixed it like a champ. I also have an oven that has gone out except the oven light works. I'm going to just get the main logic board and replace that. My neighbor also fixes appliances and he gave me the same opinion. In fact, I'm in tight now where...if I do buy an oven main logic board...then I just go across the street and he comes over to help me to to tear it down, install the board, and build it back up for free.

I guess you could call the repair guy and spend an extra $300+ on labor and inflated part prices. But, you might also try Youtube and a part search...and save that money doing it yourself. Of course, if it still doesn't work after that...then you are out whatever you put into it and still have to pay the repair guy. I've also fixed my own dishwasher before when it leaked with a new part and install...just by doing a little research.

It's your call.

5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

If you purchase a new home, your appliance warranties begin on your closing date, not the manufacturing date.

Haymitch likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Great experiences with Alan's Appliance Repair.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

But a new one

9. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

As someone else suggested, you are likely still covered under warranty. Doesn't hurt to check

If not, people in Cypress recommend this company more than others

https://anobleservice.com/

Also, I'm regularly doing repairs to my rental house. For that house I use an app called Thumbtack. I message a whole bunch of different contractors for what ever job, and negotiate the best price. Don't always go with the first person that responds, wait for others to reply and then lowball

#9 TMac'n, Feb 21, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So yeah, 6 months later and I had to just get a new one. The POS finally crapped out after a few repairs. The issue was the breaker either got messed up in the freeze it was just shitty. So the breaker got replaced - all good! Then problems returned. The dishwasher would incorrectly detect too strong of a volt current and shut itself off, even though the flow was just fine. The Current Sensor Module was busted. It did this no matter what outlet I used.

Turns out the warranty I had on the GE that came with the house was only 1 year so nothing was covered as far as repairs. Both my appliance repair guy and the electrician I had come over said to avoid GE appliances going forward unless I got a top of the line one.

I wanted to get a Bosch since they're the best. But they are hard to find thanks to the pandemy. I found 3 places that had a Bosch 500 available for purchase yesterday afternoon. By the time I went to make the purchase last night, only 1 place had it still. I talked to a rep at a local appliance dealer and he said if you see one then grab it immediately, because Bosch is telling people they won't have any more available until December. Crazy. Normally I never pay full price for anything because I'm so ****in cheap, so paying a premium on a dishwasher stings.

Anyway I know everyone was dying to hear me b**** about my dishwasher again so just wanted to share.