1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Yeah, if you ultimately decide (for whatever reason) that you're trading Deshaun, you need to make sure that by the start of the 2021 season, your next franchise QB is on the roster.

Mac Jones just doesn't seem like he's that kind of guy to me...he's very accurate, but when there's studs at every level of a team, it's difficult for the QB to shine, and Mac Jones definitely did not. Joe Burrow, Deshaun Watson, Trevor Lawrence, they all made highlight reel plays despite having elite talent everywhere....I just didn't see that with Mac Jones...

He reminds me of AJ McCarron, just with better stats....

Two Sandwiches, Sooty and desihooper like this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Oh he had to secure the bag. The NFL is a brutal game and not played for long. Additionally, his agent had money on the line too. Look I’m all for Cal manning up and telling everyone to do their job. But, you have to ask yourself looking at the moves that they’ve made, if they are serious about winning.

raining threes likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Although Matthew Stafford and Wentz were able to force trades, I sense a growing frustration from Deshaun Watson’s camp that they haven’t been able to do the same with the Texans. “What’s the criteria for a quarterback asking to get traded, then actually getting traded? Asking for a friend,” Watson’s private QB coach, Quincy Avery, tweeted last week. Watson may have to throw a bigger temper tantrum if he wants to get out of Houston. On a related note, a league source said the Texans told Watson he could be involved in the head coaching search, but not in the GM search that eventually landed Nick Caserio.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/02...ity-were-real-mvps-this-extraordinary-season/

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

strange bolding.

who knows what to believe I guess at this point.

the only thing that is clear is that DW/his camp are running a passive aggressive social media campaign to try and force their way out. Looks like the last tweet by the Quincy dude wasn’t well received that well.

all that said ... I remain firm. Top 2 pick this year plus a lot more back. That lets you take Lawrence or Wilson (who I am more excited about than Lawrence though admittedly has a much higher just factor).

none of this Mac Jones crap. Though he might turn I to a very capable signal caller. Pass on Fields and Lance.

5. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

racist ass team deserves everything coming its way

this is what happens when people who play the dick flute solo on trump run teams..

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

No team can truly afford what he’s worth. This is why 25 year old franchise QB’s don’t get traded.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

And say they do trade Deshaun and draft another QB. And that QB is a stud. If the Texans management is still stumbling in the dark, that guy will ask out too. Trading Watson ain’t solving the problem!

Two Sandwiches and mario_v like this.
  8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

And if Wilson is getting his ass kicked and the Texans keep this keystone cops style of management, He’ll ask for a trade too.

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

10. Fantasma Negro

11. ktex

ktex Member

Horrible take. Keep your politics out of it.

12. JayZ750

maybe.

or maybe they’ll make the playoffs 6 times in 10 years and have a decade long w-l record that puts them about average bordering on top half of the league.

don’t get me wrong... I’m the leader of the rings or bust group so a bunch of first and second round playoff exits don’t excite me that much... but please don’t buy into the hype that the Texans are a walking disaster all of a sudden because DW wants out.

I do not like Cal. I have no opinion on Easterby except everyone hates him and wants him to go so he should probably go.

but to me last season was a success. Imagine if they had another typical Texans year. Bill O’Brien would still be our coach AND GM and DW wound still be backing him. But he wouldn’t be asking for a trade so I guess that’d be better for a lot of y’all?

JayGoogle likes this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dude the Texans are a mess but if you can’t see it I dont know what to say. Enjoy the Kool-aid. Wow.

jiggyfly and the shark like this.
  14. JayZ750

The Texans are a mess but there are different kinds of messes. They’re not hire in Cleveland Browns territory yet. They’re not the mess that is the NYJets. We’re not talking Detroit Lions mess yet. And even with messes in the NFL some messes turn around quickly and some top teams turn into messes real quickly.

but all that aside.... the thing that was MOST LIKELY to continue that mess was Bill O’Brien. They might still be in a mess of the things that are changeable, the biggest thing to change was changed. And that happened because of how shitty they were.

i prefer this scenario than the 8-8 year or first round exit year. And that treadmill. But that’s just me.

JayGoogle likes this.
  15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Not sure if this has been said, and I might get ripped for this... but let’s say we can get a better trade package from a team that doesn’t have a top 3 pick. We could get some better players as well as more first rounders. Teams like niners/panthers/Broncos etc. so we get some players and draft capital, and then.... sign cam Newton.

couple of things. I know cam probably sucks, but I would rather get another first from panthers and not teddy or darnold. We could ask for boss/mccaffery/Chubb/jeudy etc. and at least try cam out in a similar system. And still maybe get Trey lance or Mac Jones later than top 4.

feel free to rip me a new one or move this to a thread it’s already been discussed.

16. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I won't rip you, but I do think that's not a good deal.

Cam Newton just showed that with arguably the best coach of the generation, and a very good OC that he's not very good anymore. And your solution is to bring him in with our Coaching staff (that we've ripped to shreds). NO thanks. I've said it before, we HAVE to start the season with our franchise QB in tow. Whether that be Deshaun or another guy who we believe is a great draft pick. No one credible thinks Mac Jones is that guy. Why we should waste a pick on him is somewhat mind-blowing to me.

Not to say he won't turn out well, he just doesn't seem to have the upside that a lot of other guys have.

houstonstime and conquistador#11 like this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. Damion Laverne

And what kind of playoff success do we have to show for it? NOTHING (no Super Bowls, no AFC Championships)

19. JayZ750

ok, but let's not pretend that there aren't another 15 shitty organizations out there. There are.

20. Damion Laverne

Who gives a rip about those other teams? We're talking about the Texans here. Sure, we haven't sucked as much as those other teams. But don't act like we haven't been a crap organization for the last 20 years.

We're the Lions with a few more trips to the playoffs.

We've been irrelevant for a long time.

We're not even the most popular NFL team in our own city.

jiggyfly likes this.