1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SHAM BOMB] Rockets and Cousins Parting Ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, Feb 20, 2021.

1. riko

riko Member

So harden was right or wrong about this team?

D-rock likes this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I wonder if it's for good riddance or because Silas is another Dumbtoni. Anyways, tank troop at your service.

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Getting rid of Cousins should be applauded by the win now crowd. I hate to see him go since he was such a tank asset. Silas is just playing with the hand he is dealt. Nobody would be winning right now with our lineup. He’s going small because that gives our young guys a chance to develop. Since we are not competing on a high level we don’t need a geriatric backup center.

4. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure why the Rockets advertised that they are getting rid of him? This forum was excited when we got him because he does have a really high upside. I would have hoped that we could get some sort of asset for him, like a late second. Now that we advertised that we are doing him a solid, it will probably be a 2nd that never conveys.

These are the little moves that add up. Probably could have gotten a similar haul that we got for Jarrett Allen, a very late 2nd rounder.

Rocket River likes this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol, if you look up replacement level player theres a picture of Cousins.

D-rock, YOLO and Reeko like this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

MDA. Quit
    Russ. Quit.
    Morey. Quit.
    Harden. Quit.
    Cousins. Quit.

Even the **** players are quitting. Who's next?

7. bmelo

bmelo Member

He was wrong because with Harden, Wood, Wall and Eric Gordon, PJ this roster could easily contend with minor tweaks to the bench

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

delusional...unless by contend, u mean contend for the 4th seed

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Whataburger sent me a message through their app that they are working hard to get more supplies. Wait...what?
    [​IMG]

10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I don't like giving him away for nothing. That's bad business. He's not great. but he's a great piece for a contender to have on their bench. The only reason I can think of for them guaranteeing his contract and releasing him a week later is to gain some cheap positive PR around the league. Lord knows they need it, but I still think it's bad business. He's not great, but he's too good to give away for free.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Whataburger fighting to keep Cousins in Houston

D-rock and Scarface like this.
  12. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

None of those teams with the exception of the Spurs tanked. They were just bad. For the record we are not currently tanking, we just flat out suck right now.

Tanking would be trading everyone on the team but Wood and Tate and taking back bad contracts and picks.

13. riko

riko Member

Lol out of that list only Wood could be a major contributor on a title team. Everyone else would be role players. Wood and Harden by themselves would not be wining a ring

D-rock and vator like this.
  14. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

He’s been flat out terrible for this team. If they give us a trade exception and the rights to Serge Zwikker we should be happy.

D-rock and DonkeyMagic like this.
  15. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Just went there and they're out of regular buns--had to have my #2 on Texas Toast--life is hard.

As for Boogie, the announcement we're parting ways seems odd unless that's the shortest route to gauging league wide interest. Then starting him tomorrow night makes little sense if you're trying to trade him. My guess is he gets waived, but this messaging seems unusual.

Scarface and D-rock like this.
  16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

BYOB at Whataburger. You heard it here first, folks!

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Props on the Serge reference. I actually have that dudes autograph somewhere

Scarface likes this.
  18. vator

vator Contributing Member

Some of these people are selfish. They don’t care about his legacy. He does and he should. It’s his life and his career. They really want this man’s soul. They literally want him to waste the rest of his prime here NEEDING to average 34 points and 8 assists per game just to give us a chance to win night in and night out and drag this squad to a 4th seed only to eventually lose to a better constructed team in the playoffs with multiple star players and then of course blame it on him.

When he’s 34 and declining and we still had no title, many of these same people would’ve been saying it’s best for the team to move on and it’s a business. After we used him up and he’s a shell of what he used to be. Loyalty is a one way street.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

yup...these are the same people that destroy him every year because he’s not able to drag limited role players and insert aging, fading star to a title

anyone with a brain knows this team was never anywhere close to a contender...some people are so delusional thinking otherwise

this team can’t shoot a lick, is injury prone, and yes, while Wood is putting up great numbers, we all saw what AD did to him when they matched up...there’s levels to this

I had them as a 4th or 5th seed at best heading into the season, and that was with me assuming a locked in Harden averaging 32, 6, and 7 which is what I predicted he would average this year

D-rock, YOLO and ramotadab like this.
  20. bmelo

bmelo Member

Those are the type of players that if Jordan played with them and won it all you would be saying he had HOF help because thats how he would made them look. This roster was starting wing and backup center from being one of the best in the league

hakeem94 likes this.