1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 18, 2020.

1. raining threes

He did what it took to win on the field and he didn't care about the optics. I was glad that he signed Osuna, why? It gave that team it's best chance to win a championship.

Give me a guy who will do what it takes to win championships. Kind of the Anti Texans.

After all isn't sports about entertaining? Playing in WS is very entertaining to me, maybe not so much for you. You probably agree with how the Texans run their franchise. Meanwhile teams like the Chiefs/Bucs with guys exactly like Osuna played in the SB. Same with the Yankees/Cubs/Dodgers, it's an uncomfortable truth that guys like you dont want to admit. I just wonder why the media came down so hard on the Luhnow for trading for Osuna but didn't come down nearly as hard on the NYY for trading for Chapman. I think we both know the answer to this question bur I would love to hear your answer

2. raining threes

Trash our name? My name certainly wasn't trashed.

He cant find a job for the reasons I've stated many times. The media didn't likee him. He was changing the way MLB was doing business and it was costing them money. It had nothing to do with job performance.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The teams name dude, why are you are being purposely obtuse.

I don't care about the cheating but it had a negative effect on the Astros point blank.

You just want to argue, I am done on the subject.

awc713 and Astrofan59 like this.
  4. the shark

the shark Member

Nook trying to reason with this guy is an exercise in futility.

5. awc713

awc713 Member

My posts speak for themselves and I can reason with anyone (who is not a troll)—feel free to respond directly to my posts next time.

I don’t care that the Astros cheated. I don’t care about the Osuna trade or any of the other actions that lacked PC standards. In fact, I was honestly good with Luhnow even after the scandal fallout. I don’t care about any of it, really, and o reiterate that I think he was an above average GM by all accounts with the slight footnote that he withstood several missteps that would constitute abject failures with any less body of work. I, like all Astros fans, am sick of the scapegoat label. It’s wholly undeserved when you look at the bigger picture of cheating in baseball. But we put ourselves in a terrible position under Luhnow’s helm. For all of his successes—and trust me, you don’t have to run down each one, the mistake I care about the most is the the Astros organization was stupid enough to get caught, and in such a facepalm manner no less. It’s sad that the Astros got lamented for telling the truth, while the rest of the league applauds a blind eye (don’t ask don’t tell approach that Kelly/BOS dugout were able to withstand). It’s BS and it’s anything but transparent, but the trashcan scheme was still a felony and other teams were doing misdemeanors. Even assuming other teams have been doing felony-level cheating since time began, which is of course true, the Astros were still slight enough to get caught red handed. That’s on Crane, Luhnow, and the entire organization, and it should reflect accordingly with their legacies. It’s also telling that despite how good Luhnow was—and how inherently competitive the MLB is—that he still hasn’t been hired or interviewed.

/rant

6. the shark

the shark Member

My comment wasn't directed at you.

7. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

If you’re going to talk **** about somebody, best to tag or quote them. But honestly you’re better off putting the poster on ignore (even though this site’s ignore feature is awful).

Astrofan59 likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. the shark

the shark Member

So saying someone (you) who thinks Luhnow was an average GM is crazy logic (I replied to your post) is now "talking $hit" about somebody??

Lighten up Francis!!

10. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

No, saying “trying to reason with this guy is an exercise in futility” is talking ****.

awc713 and Astrofan59 like this.
  11. the shark

the shark Member

Like I said.....lighten up Francis.

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

No Sgt. Hulka gif?

Nook and the shark like this.
  13. Astrofan59

Astrofan59 Member

You want to start sh*t, then tell him to lighten up. That is classic

jiggyfly, cmlmel77 and Snake Diggit like this.
  14. the shark

the shark Member

Disagreeing with someone's take (calling the statement crazy...not the person crazy) and than saying "trying to reason" with this person on their statement is "an exercise in futility" is (in your world) "starting $hit"???

Ok buttercup.

raining threes likes this.
  15. raining threes

Not on their valuation

This only matters to posters that care what others think of them.

Kiss the ring

16. raining threes

If you care about that kind of stuff.

It's telling that the MLB witch hunt got what they wanted. Luhnow wish blackballed because ultimately he was changing the game and making it where the big market teams wouldn't have as big of an advantage as they currently have in the scouting process. Therefore it was eventually going to cost MLB money.

Cranes hiring of Click was an attempt to replicate the analytic base Luhnow had put in place. But firing guys like Goldstein shows Click isn't on Luhnows level. Nor is he as ruthlessness or have the single minded purpose Luhnow has.

17. raining threes

The snowflakes were plentiful in Houston this week.

the shark likes this.
  18. HookemHorns1250

The heck is going on with this thread.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

That’s that “2021 MVP candidate” stroll

everyday eddie, msn and awc713 like this.