1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Now Starts at Power Forward?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

No way on this planet the Lakers give us Kuzma for Tucker. Try Tucker and 2 future firsts for Kuzma and the Lakers will pick up the phone.

groovemachine likes this.
  2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Soon, either Michael Porter Jr. or John Collins. I will keep chanting this until it's a reality!

3. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Reportedly, Boogie will continue to start the next game(s), pending resolution of his situation...or Wood’s return.

groovemachine and HTown_TMac like this.
  4. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Which is really strange to do, but I guess he’d rather play than sit and wait. I think the team wants to move multiple players and bring in Dedmond. I also want a few Vipers locked in. I’d really like the rights to Thomas and Brooks.

5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I’m cool with this

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Sekou is definitely an interesting prospect. Yes this is his second season.

He is under contract for a few more seasons......how are you planning to obtain Sekou D?

Olynyk is making $12.6M this season.....I’m guessing Riley tries to short change him down to $10M this offseason.
    I might offer him $11M to $13M.

Frank Kaminsky is making $1.9M this season and is now shooting 44% from 3. I think he will get a pay raise to
    around $4.8M this offseason.
    Moody (@ #7), Charles Bassey (@ 8 or move back to get him), and move back from #26 to get Derrick Alston.

Moses Moody: 6’6” SG/SF, athletic, shoots well at MJ height.

Charles Bassey: Center that needs a little practice on footwork; but the tools and basic fundamentals are there. Everything Silas needs for a “screen setting post up roll to the basket lob roll man”

Derrick Alston jr: 6’9” SG/SF. add about 10 pounds of muscle and this kid can be dangerous.

Projected Rockets (21/22)
    PG) Wall..................Kevin Porter jr. / Mason Jones

SG) Eric Gordon.....Moses Moody / (Derrick Alston jr)

SF) Tate...................House - Kenyon Martin jr / Derrick Alston jr

PF) C Wood.............Frank Kaminsky

C) Dieng...................(Frank Kaminsky) / Bassey

Frank Kaminsky is shooting over 50% from 3 as a starter (8 games) for the 4th seeded Suns currently.

Rockets will probably have about $35M to use on free agents (Dieng/Kaminsky).....hopefully get them for under $15M.

With Porter/Moses/Alston/KMart entering the rotation next season; we will be so much taller and
    athletic. Here is Alston

#26 ApacheWarrior, Feb 21, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    saleem likes this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Sekou will require picks. Is he worth a couple of lottery protected picks and Tate? I'm not sure myself, but I'm intrigued by the idea. Frank K can shoot, but his defense is very poor, I would like the draft picks suggested by you instead of giving up FRP's for Sekou despite my interest in him. If Houston can save around 30 M in free agency on top of the picks, then we should go for a big player. No to a injured Dipo or another injured star.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

So true......not sure many in the NBA play defense. It’s all by committee. Marc Gasol doesn’t move well anymore.

But look at their records. Suns.....Lakers. Helps to have stars with them. You are right Dipo is not that (a star).

See Woj commented that Rockets want player back for Tucker, not picks. I’m guessing because no one will give a first
    for Tucker. Bunch of 2nd round picks will just end up being Euro-stash player(s).

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/02/2...rade-rockets-want-player-in-return-not-picks/

D-rock and saleem like this.
  9. saleem

You're correct, many do play defense by committee. One poor defender can throw it out of synchronization though. Tucker's trade value has declined unfortunately.

Ramo$e and ApacheWarrior like this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

As long as the defender isn’t wearing cement boots like Scola was, they are welcome in the NBA.

Can you find me a Sekou on the Hornets, Indiana, Toronto, Knicks Suns, Clippers, Lakers, Utah,
    Blazers, Denver (please don’t say M Porter jr)

Maybe Zeke Njani of the Nuggets

#30 ApacheWarrior, Feb 21, 2021
  11. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Resolution (sadly) being that he is released Tuesday morning.

12. saleem

No, I can't. I was expressing reluctance in acquiring Frank K.

13. saleem

I hope Justin will give us some much needed shot blocking and rebounding. That's the most I think that's realistically possible after some time with the team. I think you're probably feeling the same way about him as I do.

14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Well the point I’m making is there are no perfect teams and no perfect players. Even the world champs had issues.

Sekou is years away from being at Frank Kaminsky’s level defensively. Being faster and able to leap higher doesn’t mean they are in place for rotations and knowing opponents go to moves.

15. saleem

I do agree with that, the kid lacks experience.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  16. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Why trade for a replacement when our friend the Manimal can be had with one simple call to China!!!

17. saleem

C'mon, he isn't needed anymore.

groovemachine likes this.
  18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

No he cant, even if he had a little offense his defense his horrible. Let's not waste our time. We can use that roster spot for someone with more upside.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Who now still uses the term "Power Forward"?

D-rock, saleem and HP3 like this.
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Just that Wood is currently a 3 year window and this is year one; and we are practically tanking year one.
    That’s why I have rookies coming in and groomed by vets next season.

Wood is our centerpiece:
    EGo and Wall mentoring both Moses Moody and Alston.....possibly Tate and ?House? helping to explain the systems.
    Kenyon Martin also thrown in the mix.

Wood and Dieng/Frank Kaminsky mentoring Bassey. Doesn’t have to be a long term contract. Ibaka has a one year (P.O. 2nd yr) deal with Clippers, Montrez Harrell is a one year deal with Lakers, Dwight Howard
    is a one year deal with Philly.

It’s what all the teams are doing......test driving the car before buying. The hope is that the Rockets probably hope
    they have a better chance from moving on from Eric Gordon/Wall/Kaminsky/Dieng.......but we need their
    students to pick up everything as much as they can in season one.

Wood will get an extension surrounded by the likes of Tate/Mason Jones/ Moses Moody/Charles Bassey/Alston
    or a facsimile there of. If Sekou can be obtained for the cheap.....then that’s ok with me.

#40 ApacheWarrior, Feb 21, 2021
    saleem likes this.