1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Harden doesn't have any help crowd is looking bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This cannot be overstated.

Rocket River

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

They've played 677 games as a franchise with around 60 different players and Harden has played 16 games as 1 player. I'm not sure you're exhibiting "fairness" commentary here.

D-rock and vator like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

4. vator

vator Contributing Member

That’s what having help looks like. He was the best Net on the floor last night, but it didn’t take a Herculean effort to defeat the defending world champs. 23 and 11 on only 15 shots. Barely looked like he even broke a sweat honestly and the game never really looked in doubt at any time after the 1st quarter.

#364 vator, Feb 19, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    cbs1507, BallSoHarden, s3ts and 4 others like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Never will I understand why Morey preferred the D over the 3 while we had Harden - sure I get the "somebody has to play defense" discussion, but Harden needed guys to hit open shots that he creates routinely. Who did we ever have that when he caught the pass open everyone thought it would go in? Ryan Anderson?

Should have went after guys like Korver and Redick and just outscored teams - you know kinda like what the Nets are doing.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

True
    This is why watching is important
    Some will think the Lakers made a 4th quarter run
    They didn't. Benches were cleared.
    It was a 20 pt lead with like 4 minutes to go

Rocket River

cbs1507, D-rock and vator like this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't care. He didn't want to be here anymore. He's just a guy seeking a Championship on one of the new Mega star teams that make the NBA no fun to watch for me. I don't root for those teams or care to watch the Nets or Lakers or other teams like the ex Mega star Warriors. The days of guys staying for the long run in sports are becoming a thing of the past. It's now the ring and money shuffle. Just like the NFL.

8. riko

riko Member

The greatest combo guard to play. All time great point and shooting guard. It’s just insane.

BallSoHarden, s3ts and D-rock like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I had not seen that from Kobe, that speaks volumes.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

11. riko

riko Member

That Stockton stat is impressive. Harden is just amazing. Since the harden trade and his take over of the offense the Nets are leading the leading the league in points, field goal percentage from the field and three point line. Coincidence?

On track for the most prolific and efficient offense of all the me thanks to the beard.

s3ts likes this.
  12. s3ts

s3ts Member

This year's playoffs is where you judge Harden objectively.

If Harden fails to deliver at that point, you can hate on Harden. The only exception is if KD gets injured at any point.

Healthy Harden and healthy KD should expect to see at least Conf Finals. If they make the Finals, they'll beat my expectations and the Nets team will be happy with that result.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

That is a very low bar you set for 2 top 5 players and 1 top 20 player. Anything short of a finals birth is a complete failure.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly .. . .without KD or Kyrie . . . . I still expect them to make the Finals
    We have often said if the Rockets were in the East they would make the finals
    This seems like a chance to prove it

Rocket River

BallSoHarden likes this.
  15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

We didn't get anywhere near fair value for him, like not even 50 cents on the dollar.

HP3, Little Bit and Rocket River like this.
  16. riko

riko Member

I can argue Kyrie is a top 12 player

17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

This my top 12.

Harden
    KD
    Lebron
    AD
    PG
    Kawhi
    Embiid
    Jokic
    Curry
    Giannis
    Dame

I can't say for sure he's even better than.
    Luka
    Butler
    Tatum
    Booker
    CP3
    Ja
    Mitchell.

He's probably one of the 10 best scorers in the game but he lacks in everything else.

18. riko

riko Member

Good list, but I got him in the same tier as or even better then guys like Butler, Tatum and he is certainly better then Booker. The guy is a magician with the ball. He might be the most skilled guard in the nba. He might not be harden level playmaker ( no one in the nba besides Lebron and Paul are) but he can be an ok playmaker to. His game is more dynamic then even Tatum who hasn’t even reached his prime.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't say he was worse than any of those guys in tier 2. Those are just guys I listed as being close to him. In all honesty the knock on him is he's never led his own team. As a number 1 option his teams always flame out and don't make the playoffs. A lot has to do with him always being injured and his ball dominant ways of not getting teammates involved.

who in the top 12 would you even consider putting him over?

Skill wise for sure he's got some of the best skill in the game but for some reason it doesn't translate to wins. Something is just off about him. He's also crazy and thinks the world is flat.

riko and HP3 like this.
  20. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I agree. No one is expecting close to value but you look at what other teams got for players like AD and Paul George and Harden is a top five player in the league and a future hall of famer. It almost feels like we just gave Harden away. It sucks bad.

BallSoHarden and HP3 like this.