1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action : 2/18/2021

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Feb 18, 2021.

1. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Yea, the Warriors were great defensively. Their only defense weakness was Curry, but they have 4 elite versatile defensive players to cover that. The Nets only have two above average defensive players (KD and Harden) in their starting 5.

The Nets trio is clearly better offensively than the Warrior's 3 IMO. Kyrie is clearly a better offensive player than Klay. Yes when Klay gets hot, he can score 37 points in a quarter or 62 points in three quarters, but these are really outliers. The most points he averaged per game in a season was 22, whereas Kyrie can give you 25+ points shooting 50+40+90 on a nightly basis.

2. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

I think everyone here is saying that Warriors is clearly a better team but the Nets have the potential to be better offensively. I think that's a fair assessment and the numbers support that.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah that's not what was said. I clearly said GS had just as much firepower. @ksny15 believes the nets are already better. 6 games of their big 3 playing together supports that? nah they don't

4. riko

riko Member

That warriors team that I just started thinking about had a prime

KD
    Curry
    Green
    Klay
    IGGY

role players like Livingston, David West and co. That was unfairly stacked and we had them down 3-2. It’s insane .

#204 riko, Feb 19, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    vator and vlaurelio like this.
  5. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Well, the Nets has an offensive rating of 120.6 after Harden's trade, which shatters the NBA record in the history. The best the KD & Curry Warriors had was 115. Frankly, that's not on the same hemisphere, I know it's still small sample size (18 games), but the based on the personnel and what they've already shown without playing a consistent lineup, I think's it's fair to say the Nets can have potentially better offense than the Warriors.

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I never said they were a better team. You are putting words in my mouth. I said they have more offensive firepower.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

so thats the tell all huh

8. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The Warriors before that had a great team, they just became so op when KD joined. I don't know how anyone expected Harden to beat any of those Warriors teams in a series. Even when we 3-2 up, Harden had to play against 4 all-stars.

The Warriors team this season isn't even that bad. Green is a good defender, Oubre isn't bad, Wiggins can do some damage. Curry has never had to play in a below-average team as Harden has for us.

riko likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

where is the putting words in your mouth in this

I clearly said GS had just as much firepower. @ksny15 believes the nets are already better.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

You are confused somewhere so let's do this to make it simple.

Golden State is a better team. Not debatable.
    Brooklyn has more offensive firepower than Golden State had. This is the most in NBA history.

So again better team Golden State. More firepower Brooklyn.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm not confused at all. I said GS had just as much firepower as this Nets. You disagreed and said nets clearly. GS is already proven. A historic dynasty

you're just assuming and guessing off like 6 games played together with their big 3. the firepower on either side from the trios can go off just like the other. if you want to say kyrie and harden are better 1 on 1 players then of course. But were talking about firepower. Actual buckets. Steph/Klay have been straight buckets for years whether anyone likes that or not. so what if its not on a ton of 1on1 isos

#211 YOLO, Feb 19, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    hakeem94 and JayGoogle like this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

They have to play as YOLO mentality and accept the results!

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol KD, Harden and Irving.

Harden and KD alone have been scoring leaders for 7 years combined. A title that counts actual buckets they scored in a year alone.

U can say that GSW was more well rounded, but how the fk can klay, and curry match up to that firepower? Not gonna lie klay and curry can score, but Harden and Durant are maestros at scoring, it's not that delusional to believe that Nets are at least superior at offense.

Note that I didn't even mention Irving.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I remmeber game 6, 2 years ago... gsw threw a lot of non shooters outthere and it didnt matter at all

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2021/02/19/inside-the-nba-shaquille-oneal-pascal-siakam-video

Pascal who?

Inside the NBA was never supposed to be the home of erudite basketball analysis, but is it too much to ask for the panelists to be familiar with active NBA players?

During halftime of the Raptors-Bucks game, the TNT crew compared the first-half performances of Raptors teammates Norm Powell and Pascal Siakam. Ernie Johnson tossed it to Shaquille O’Neal, saying, “You have your eyes on Pascal.”

“No,” Shaq responded, “I have my eyes on Siakam.”

“Oh, I never knew his first name,” Shaq confessed after Johnson corrected him. “I don’t call him Pascal. I call him Siakam.”

16. vator

vator Contributing Member

SMH. They pay this man to analyze basketball games. Doesn’t even know guy’s names let alone their games. Wood was 100% spot on.

J.R. likes this.
  17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

So the Nets would have a chance. We did them/him a favor. We literally took Kurucs over Harris. Kurucs is not worth the cap space he takes up. We don't have a big three so he can bench warm. We need every able body.

18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

The potential is there. I don't know if the shooting will hold up outside of the big three in the playoffs. That is yet to be seen. I can't wait.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Like I said just as much