1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Have you forgotten all the media hate? Like seriously? It's been one month

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I haven't forgotten the hate. Nor have I forgotten that Harden has received a ton of MVP consideration, and it's a little weird that you're saying he didn't get any in contrast to this year when he's not even top 3 right now.

HP3 likes this.
  3. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

he has Kevin Durant on his team. If they look like championship material, he’ll win. If they don’t, he isn’t even in the conversation.

this is hardly a controversial stance.

4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Harden will not be starting in the east all star game. Beal on the woeful wizards and Kyrie "absentee" Irving will be the backcourt starters.

Apparently NBA players agreed with fans and voted Beal #1 and Irving #2 over Harden #3. Media voted Irving #4 and Harden #3.

Curry (unanimous #1) and Luka (#2.5 tied with Dame) will be the backcourt starters for the West. Luka was voted 2nd by fans and 3rd by media/players. Dame was 3rd by fans 2nd by media/players. Tie-breaker goes to the fans.

Kawhi, Jokic, Embid, Giannis front court starters.

Lebron and Durant will be the captains.

HP3 likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Personally I think Lillard should be starting over Luka. I think both rosters are comparable(maybe with Dalls being slightly worse...idk) but Lillard has just been superb this season. He's been fantastic. I think he's actually neck and neck with Steph this season.

6. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Yes, they traded away guys like JA that played good defense to get Harden. They traded away defense for even more offense. If they do not win a championship it will be because they didn't round the roster out with complimentary players to KD and Kyrie, but instead went for a big 3. Not sure why that is a hard concept to grasp.

7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Also Dames clutch stat this season is out of this world. Hes basically number 1 in everything and shooting something like 65%.

HP3 likes this.
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so to guarantee a chip, who are the "complimentary players" that BKN should have gone for and who should have they given up to aquire them?

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Nice but at the end he didn't close and that's bottom line. He just has to close and the narrative changes. That's no joke.

10. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Never said they should have and not trying to play GM, I am saying that if they do not win a championship this will be something they will point to. I think there is a good shot at them winning in the next two years. When Miami pulled off their big 3 with lebron, wade, and bosh they didn't really have a whole lot surrounding them that first year. Now that they (BK) have a legitimate big 3, I am sure they will get some veteran ring chasers on minimum deals over the summer.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Harden's as a BKN net - usage is a SHOCKING 25%. Even lower than his usage in 8 games under Silas, down from his 40% peak in 18-19.

He's also averaging 50/40/90, 2.75 to 1 A/TO ratio, 67 TS%. Leading the league in assists.

Maybe now the media will suck his dick like they did Curry and Durant, maybe now he will start getting his respect from fans for his greatness as a player.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Jesus who cares about the stupid all star game.

DD

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

lol so you have no ideas at all? i thought it was simple to add role players and beat LA

14. shlhl

shlhl Member

Joe Harris is nice shooter and Jeff Green is good player. Why not keep Green?

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Joe Harris and Jordan must love playing with Harden. Just get in the right spot and Harden will find them once he draws all the defenders.

MettaWorldPete and Rocket_ph like this.
  16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Green didn't choose to stay, your comment acts as if we had a choice to keep him

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Harden should be flying up the MVP ladder quickly with each Nets win

Rocket_ph and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't remember the Green situation. Did he just not like playing for the Rockets or did they not want to pay him?

On hindsight, not signing him is good for tanking. But we didn't know we wanted to blow it up at that point, did we? Green would be much better than Cousins and Tucker.

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I imagine he was ring chasing and Brooklyn was the more attractive team to achieve that goal.

MettaWorldPete, Easy and Rocket River like this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I wondered the same thing
    Maybe he did not see minutes behind Cousins and Tucker

Rocket River

Easy likes this.