1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Rockets4Life13

They don't want to trade Grant, they gave Wood away to be able to sign him. Also, he just had a 40+ point game and is clearly the future of detroit, atleast for now.

saleem, fattz, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Exum gets it done. They don’t want Oladipo and they would jump up and down to get 2 FRP for Grant. I didn’t see his huge game before posting my trade but he doesn’t fit their timeline. They are the worst team in the NBA.

D-rock likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Jerami Grant really is not that old.

I like Jerami but your lassion for him is equal to me and AG so I will defer to you on this.

fattz likes this.
  4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I like your optimism @treyk3 and @D-rock, but I’d be very surprised if Detroit would be willing to part with Grant without attaching Blake’s contract.

It would be like us dumping Wood for a couple FRP’s. Why would we do that without some sort of ulterior motive or incentive?

D-rock and fattz like this.
  5. fattz

fattz Member

I like this a lot. Even more if we added House and Kurucs to even up the payroll/cap and open up roster spots for some of the Vipers - G leaguers that need a shot. Small moves for Tucker and friends will change us; but we will be better than most as we mature.
    Wood / Grant / Tate is a great core with Silas. Griffin and Wall fall off the books as the youth will need to get paid. Cap timing is good. With the all the picks one is sure to hit, too. Stone has shown he can piecemeal a team together. It’s good to be a Rocket’s fan.

The more I think about it I would give them back their FRP to close the deal.

#3125 fattz, Feb 17, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    baller4life315 likes this.
  6. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

although I love the high hopes of this thread, most of the posts here are picking the most attractive players on the trade block (guys most of the league will be in pursuit of - i.e., Collins) and packaging from our side players we're trying to get rid of anyways and a pick or two. Not saying to stop. Wish away all you want, but would be nice to see some more realistic returns and targets given where this team is.

lakersuck2, ilias, saleem and 2 others like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nuggets desperate for 3rd star.

Getting impatient with MPJ.

#3127 D-rock, Feb 18, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    Shark44 and 18pbr like this.
  8. Rockets4Life13

Throw whatever it takes at them, other than Wood and KPJ.

build around the Porters and Wood,

win Championship(s) in 4 years. Repeat

9. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Oladipo were showing out, I would think there'd be a deal there. Less probable now.

If you really want to go crazy:
    MPJ
    Harris
    Jamychal Green
    Barton (they could technically do without Green or Barton, but likely would need to include so they don't exceed the tax line)

for

Oladipo
    Gordon
    Tucker
    McLemore

They need to surround Jokic and Murray with more defensive acumen. Oladipo, Tucker, and Gordon all provide that, plus spacing from Tucker/Gordon.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

No thanks to Barton, Harris or JAM.

Rockets have enough 6'5 young wings who are better and JAM is too old for rebuilding team.

https://tradenba.com/trades/LUEG8xeiH

Would try and flip Harris to 3rd team at trade deadline if possible.

Shark44 and 18pbr like this.
  11. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Throw everything at them. Wood-MPJ-Tate would be a great core, especially since I expect either KPJ it Martin will also make a splash once called up.

markelliott1997 and 18pbr like this.
  12. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Perhaps flipping Harris and attaching a pick to get your other guy, like. AG?

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love this idea!

Send Detroit FRP or 76ers FRP.

https://tradenba.com/trades/f56LZWqMr

6'5 KPJ/6'4 Wall/6'7 Korkmaz
    6'3 EGo/6'5 Thybulle/6'5 Sterling
    6'10 MPJ/6'4 Tate/6'5 Nwaba
    6'8 AG/7'2 Bol Bol/6'6 KJM
    6'10 Wood/7'0 Bamba/6'10 Boogie

Trade deadline options: EGo, Wall, Boogie

#3133 D-rock, Feb 18, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    18pbr likes this.
  14. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think eating the 18 months left on Harris' contract is the starting price for MPJ. I don't think he's a bad reclamation project candidate that could be found money at next year's deadline. If you move Dipo and Gordon, that opens up a lot of wing minutes.

Barton/JAM are salary matching throw ins. I doubt Denver would want to exceed the luxury tax, so they need to move them. Move them on if you can (JAM may have value).

D-rock likes this.
  15. rockets13champs

Out of Evan Mosely, Jalen Suggs, Kuminga, Cunningham and Green. What’s your rankings?

1. Cade
    2-5 is very close for me if rockets had the two pick we’d have to choose between

A. Evan Mosely- Bosh/ Aldridge type center- interesting duo if put next to wood
    B. Jalen Suggs: 2 way point guard. Could be Jason Kidd/ Billups/ Chris Paul type point guard.
    C. Kuminga: Shawn MErion/ Jaylen Brown type athletic scorer (2 way)
    D. Jalen Green: lowest rated out of the (4 options at 2, but like could be anywhere between a J. Clarkson/Ben McLemore to even like Eric Gordon)

If I were the rockets the options to rank prospects after Cunningham is tough but I’d have to rank

2. Suggs
    3. Mosely
    4. Kuminga
    Then 5. Green.

if Suggs can become a Cp3 type player which is his ceiling and could develop behind wall for a year or 2. We are really set up for a lot of success.

suggs
    Porter jr
    Maybe (mIchael Porter jr)
    Tate
    Wood

(not bad after 1 year of tanking) that team is back at 4-9 seed level after one year

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If Denver is in win now mode, Gordan is better than Dipo. We take on Harris for another year, pickup MPJ, unload 3 years of Gordan.

Denver gets the defensive shooting guard they crave who is playing well on both sides of the court. Unloads Harris and gets 2 FRP.

https://tradenba.com/trades/46hJhLTLt

This I believe is a realistic trade. If Denver prefers, we substitute Dipo.

17. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I would do this in a heartbeat. You could also throw in Tucker and it would still work money-wise.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

With AD out, Lakers are desperate for big man help.

Stone must not let Lakers snake them out of Bamba.

19. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/Z_vIDP0TS

I know.. I know. James Ennis. But he's off the books next year..

D-rock likes this.