1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Silas Sucks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 11, 2021.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

How did it prove it when he didn't win it though?

Are you going to say "If only CP3 didn't get hurt..." because if you are then I'll say "If only Wood didn't get hurt the Rockets wouldn't look this bad."

In the end though, he didn't. You don't get credit for championships by almost making the finals, you don't even get it for almost winning in a 7 game finals series. You either win it or you don't.

He knows that...Harden knows that...all these players that go to super teams know this just to get it on their resume for their legacy.

fchowd0311 and T for 3 like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

of course I’m going to say “if CP3 didn’t get hurt” because that’s the case

if Wood didn’t get hurt, the Rockets would be battling for an 8th or 9th seed...congrats I guess

at the end of the day, he didn’t win a title here because his co-star got hurt while facing 1 of the most stacked teams of all time

Nook and D-rock like this.
  3. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Silas deserve absolutely no criticism right now. The guy had one of the best players to ever play the game want out and now he’s dealing with 3 starters being injured. Hell, half his roster is injured and he’s still getting them to compete. People complain about his rotations bc he has 4-5 players who are exactly the same. Some serious nitpicking going on. When he has a full roster and is still losing then it’s time to complain.

18pbr and RocketOrg like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That game 7 was winnable without CP3 though...that's an excuse. That game was VERY VERY winnable...and Harden didn't play well enough to win it. That's the case. Yeah, he had to go above and beyond but...that's what is asked of him.

Every single team that's sniffed a finals appearance or a championship has an excuse. Every single one.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

15 years wandering the desert without a SINGLE playoff win in the playoffs BEFORE Harden.

Those "fans" can all F off because they understand jack shyte.

Lottery picks are ZERO guarantee of winning championships nevermind winning a series in the playoffs.

Imagine being tired of winning???? What an ignorant stance.

There are no "ifs" and "buts" about being the 2nd best team in the NBA.

The only ass jacks complaining about Rockets achievements during Harden's tenure are spoiled entitled QAnon level fantasy conspiracists of the ridiculous order.

Stop perpetuating or even excusing the Big Lies regarding Harden, Morey, MDA and the success with the Rockets.

#145 D-rock, Feb 17, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    Reeko likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You are beating up the weakest form of an argument. Most people here are not delusional enough to think this team is going anywhere this season. My optimism has nothing to do with this season. It has to do with a few younflg and exited dudes I'm looking forward to growing together and maybe forming a contender 4 years from now with those young dudes and the potential young dudes coming from one of the plethora of first round draft picks.

I'm content with losing this season and watching guys like Wood, Tate, KPJ and KMJ growing as a team. We still haven't had a single game with our best young prospects playing in a game together.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

LOL, yeah, let’s just ignore the blatant rigging, role players like Ariza going 0-12, and EG being his 2nd best player going up against 4 All-Stars

man, c’mon...

Nook and D-rock like this.
  8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

That’s your view. And is a sane one.

Reeko wasn’t responding to you prior to you asking him to leave for a Nets board.

He was responding to one of the delusional optimists.

HP3, Nook and D-rock like this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm perpetuating no lies here.

No one is denying Harden's place among all-time greats except for that one guy here whose username I forget that really hates Harden, dream avatar?

The Big Lie is that those guys would have won a championship when they simply did not. Like, it simply didn't result in a championship! You can argue that it maybe should have...but you can't sit here and tell me that they did. Because they didn't.

We can bring up every excuse in the book, every team has them. I think Yao's last year was a championship run, he was beating down the eventual champs with relative ease and then he broke his foot and that was it.

Jordan's Bulls thought they would have won another one had they not lost Horace Grant.

Warriors thought they would have won one if Green wasn't tossed out of a game and same for the Suns that had players tossed out and never got past their Spurs hump.

Like literally every great team that hasn't won a ring has a ton of excuses as to why they didn't win one.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

interesting indeed...the lack of self-awareness is hilarious

D-rock likes this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Again, literally, every great team that hasn't won has excuses. You can go down the list.

Despite all of that...the rockets STILL almost won that game.

TWS1986 likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Forget winning the championships.

I will take a winning team challenging for championships season after season after season.

The morons are the ones who take WINNING for granted.

DatRocketFan and Reeko like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Give me THAT any day over THIS!

Reeko likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets won just 1 playoff series in 15 years...they made the playoffs just 5 times since 2000 before Harden’s 1st season, but the Harden era was so bad :rolleyes:

fans getting “tired” of 2nd round and WCF appearances and dreams of contention is hilarious...as if we’re the Lakers or Celtics just swimming in championships as a franchise...

I’ve been going to games for over 20 years, and the Harden era brought the best moments hands down...yeah, I’m gonna miss going to TC for intense 2nd round or WCF playoff games...yeah, I’m gonna miss buying tickets and being confident that the Rockets are gonna win...what I don’t miss is being trash and irrelevant like we are now...I’m gonna miss stuff like seeing a 53, 16, and 17 game live...I was at game 1 against Minnesota when Harden dropped 41 and the crowd was going crazy as he hit dagger after dagger...I was at that home game when we faced GS during the 17-18 season and CP3 dropped 33 and Harden hit the game clincher in Steph’s face...I was at game 1 against GS where the crowd was so electric in that 1st half...my biggest regret was not going to game 5 of the WCF because I had decided that I was gonna go to every home game during the finals instead

tonight we got dominated most of the night by Philly, but I was at the Philly game last year where Harden dropped 44 in a win

lemme go to TC now once they allow full capacity to to see John Wall and the crew...place will be so fcking empty and dead it will be depressing

D-rock likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

You being content to be a loser is no surprise.

Reeko likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I would too, but the question isn't that simple.

At some point, there would be a post-Harden Rockets. That's just the reality of the situation. Some people thought he would never win here and so it would be better to trade him for a rebuild.

That rebuild is still very much in progress. It could be 5 years from now it's what makes the Rockets a championship team...it could be longer, shorter, whatever...but the Post-Harden era was going to come eventually.

If you feel like the team is stuck in place then it's not a radical idea to tear it all down. It's literally what the Clippers did and they are a contender, their team now has more potential than the CP3/Blake teams ever had...and that's because they understood they were never going to win it all with that core and moved on.

The Rockets were in a stuck place. They could not bring a new superstar to play with James because of the Russ trade, Russ was the last gamble, it didn't work out and now their only options were to spin their wheels and be an almost ran like Portland is every year or go full rebuild. I think they would have loved to try and rebuild with Harden but clearly Harden wasn't fine with spinning his wheels here either.

I don't get the toxicity from either side anymore. It was time for a split. I wish the Rockets would have went with the Philly deal and got more but the cupboard isn't bare anymore.

17. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t want the Rockets making the playoffs. Why? So they can get swept by the Lakers or Jazz?

The Rockets are far better going full rebuild now, hoping they get a top 4 pick and tanking in 2022 for a very strong top heavy draft. At that point they will likely be in a spot to start competing.

I also want the Nets to win the title and for Harden and Durant to move on when they are free agents so the Rockets can get some high draft picks.

fchowd0311, HP3 and TWS1986 like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

dumbass threads like this one is why I’ll continue to talk my sh*t

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/finally-we-will-be-free.309708/

OP really said this BS...

Free to finally play some team basketball again. The kind of basketball I fell in love with so many years ago.
    Freed from dribble dribble step back bricks. Freed from yelling at teammates while getting beaten on the defensive end over and over again. Free to give players opportunities to actually run plays, motion, moving without the ball instead of standing at the threepoint line and just watch one player do his thing.
    Free from moreys micro ball obsession. Free from Pringles „I don’t care about defense“. And now free from a great offensive player that just has no winning attitude and leaves no one air to breathe.
    I‘m really so much looking forward to this new time. We might not win a ring but we might finally play actual basketball again.”

just delusional and ungrateful nonsense towards a player that gave us our best stretch of ball since the Hakeem days...gave us a 65 win season and a game 7 in the WCF against 1 of the most stacked teams of all-time...gave us superstar, MVP level play year after year when many on here didn’t even like the Harden trade that much at the time and were calling him a Joe Johnson at best...

Do u know how good it feels buying tickets and being confident that your team will win, the star player will actually be available and not out with injury or doing load management, and is likely to put on a show? Like I said earlier, I was at the 53, 16, and 17 game against NY. How many times will u ever witness a game like that?

How do u like all that imaginary ball movement now? This trash basketball we’ve been seeing for weeks is what u fell in love with? Bottom 10 in every single offensive category is fun, team basketball? Near the bottom of the league in passes per game and assists, but near the top in isolations is “actual basketball” now? Ungrateful, delusional ass fans

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I do want the Rockets making the playoffs because doing so means Wood came back and did something special. If Wood comes back and the Rockets go on a 6 game streak or something? Yeah, I'd enjoy that.

Sure, it would be nice to have two top 5 picks but those guys are gambles. I'd rather the guys I have prove to be worth building around. I'm in no rush to tank, especially with the new odds, we can tank easily enough as we're proving right now.

And yes, it's possible Harden wins a title there and the team breaks up...but it's also possible they just decide to retire there and compete for as long as they can. Especially if they win two.

If Harden had gone to Boston and we had gotten Brown or something I would root for him in Boston. Now though? I can't.

I hope the Nets lose in horrifying fashion that adds pressure to them winning next season and then breaks them up giving us like 6-7 years of quality lottery picks.

Nook and 18pbr like this.
  20. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Some of the rotations i have questioned this season, but in all fairness, its really hard to make a fair assessment of Silas when he has not have a healthy roster. So far i have been please with Silas when you factor in the unfortunate circumstances.