1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How About This Weather We've Been Having?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohete Rojo, May 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Out of curiosity what makes you think homes in texas don't have fireplaces?

Texas basically has its own different regions with its on different weather...

I lived in Houston and now I live in North Texas... up here I would say 80 to 90 percent of the homes and apartments have fireplaces... also there is more of a winter here... in Houston more rain and humidity....

When you go to east and west Texas they have their own issues that are different than North and South texas...

Also the codes are different, so not understanding where you're coming from...

T_Man

#1101 T_Man, Feb 16, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    Nook likes this.
  2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

You should be good...just keep running that Trump troll campaign facet.

3. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Just an update from circle. 77035/ 77054 without power for 30 hours now. 77096/77401 out for close to 24

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

you are posting a tweet from a guy in Utah with power and water talking **** about Texas.

5. bcast89

bcast89 Member

This happened to me as well. ****ing sucks. I hope my parent’s homeowners insurance will take care of it all.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I knew my pipes froze so I was kind of expecting it. Fortunately it was out in the garage, easily accessible, and right next to the main water cutoff so as soon as I heard water, I rushed in there and cut it off.

I'll just need to re-solder a joint.

JumpMan likes this.
  7. Major

Major Member

Or simply telling the truth.

Sajan, Invisible Fan and Nook like this.
  8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I was too casual with my language. Many dont. I grew up in Houston, spent half my childhood in one house built in 70s w a fireplace and other half in a new house without one. And all the rentals in between didn’t have one. I now own in Austin without one, nor do any of my neighbors. Some of my coworkers do, some don’t. I’ve also lived in SA and North Texas but only apartments so didn’t have a fireplace. But yah youre right, many do outside of south and central Texas.

I lived in 4 different apartments in DFW none had fireplaces. I’m sure most the homes have them though, it gets colder there more than Houston or Austin. I don’t think they’re as common in new builds here and in Houston but I’m just speculating.

9. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Good we cleared that up...

gatsby, B-Bob, Xerobull and 4 others like this.
  10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Cool...

Just an update for you...

Even the old apartments in north Dallas are being updated with fireplaces as you go further north..

Plano, Allen, Mckinney all have fireplaces...

Also the housing codes are different between Dallas, Allen, Frisco and Mckinney...

T_Man

11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

This has been a complete cluster**** since the beginning...how the hell am I suppose to keep my pipes from freezing if their isn't even enough water pressure throughout the house?

12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Why is your user name is black bold when everyone else is gray?

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I have minimal reception, but just popping in to say hope all my fellow Clutchfans are staying safe and hopefully warm.

Sajan, Invisible Fan and STR8Thugg like this.
  14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

27 hours without power and counting. Portable gen running but worried about finding gas tomorrow. Fun times **** Ercot

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don’t know of any housing codes that require fireplaces...

16. Nook

Nook Member

I am not saying they didn’t make mistakes because they did. I am only saying the weather in Texas is basically unprecedented.

The governor and a number of others should face consequences. Also, the government has known for 20 years that investment should go into infrastructure and it wasn’t important to voters of politicians. Of all people Trump campaigned on it but then didn’t do anything. Instead the emphasis of government and 60% of voters has been to let Americans like Musk, Bezos and others worth hundreds of billions of dollars.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Fire places are inefficient anyway and a lot of houses in the Midwest and North don’t have them. The difference is that there are fewer large windows and more insulation in the walls and ceiling. Houses in the Midwest and North are not magically better made than in Texas. They are built according to the weather demands of the region. For example my house in Chicago has a weaker AC and the duct system is not as nice. However it has a better insulation. Same was true when I had the estate in Ohio. My

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Indicates elite Clutchfans poster.

jiggyfly, Andre0087 and Nook like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

You basically cannot. The weather you are having is unheard of in that region. All you can do is hope.

Andre0087 and B-Bob like this.
  20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

They are fact checking random people on the internet now? Man they are bored. They must not have power.

marks0223 likes this.