1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draymond Green rants that players are not treated well enough

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets4Life13, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Rockets4Life13

Player entitlement is becoming unbearable really quick. Players sign a contract, they get paid more money in a year than most people make in their entire life of working normal jobs.

The owner pays you millions of dollars to play basketball so he can decide to do whatever the **** he wants.

While superstars already have more power than any owner and the league itself, you expect guys like Andre Drummond to get that too now?

This is such a 2021 mindset, NBA players are so rich that in their delusional mind they are the ones being treated wrong.
    Some of them even compare making millions of dollars for playing basketball with slavery.

my god i hate players these days

vince, Handles, BallSoHarden and 12 others like this.
  2. bmelo

bmelo Member

They are idiots that never worked in their life. Their reasoning is that they play on the court and someone makes money off it, but they dont understand that the reason NBA is making that much money is because of owners work to make it popular. Theres a lot of sports that dont make NBA money and i think if they start demanding too much soccer will be the next big focus in the USA(it already is bigger everywhere else)

hajkov, roslolian, RKREBORN and 3 others like this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If the expectation is that players shouldn’t be making public trade demands and refusing to play, should teams likewise not publicly declare their intent to trade a player and force them to sit out in street clothes? Is it a double standard otherwise?

That’s the issue he is raising, right?

Yung-T, s3ts, Jontro and 2 others like this.
  4. Rockets4Life13

To me it’s not. Owners are their bosses and just like every boss of every single company can do, bosses can do whatever they want with their employees.

I don’t even know what his point is, it’s just A senseless rant from someone who’s a millionaire because he’s playing basketball.

roslolian likes this.
  5. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I don’t get it..

You sign a contract , where it prob states trade possibilities, you sign and take the money either way.

and then cry about being treated like a princess ? Lmao. Bunch of divas.

What happened to, “it’s a business”

it’s only a business when it benefits you. Smh

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I think so but hard to hear Draymond saying Harden has no balls and not think he's trying to insult him as well

7. SamFisher

First off youre wrong in terms of "anything" Second, the distinction that is being discussed is that you can quit and go work for someone else, even a competitor in many cases, without facing public opprobrium.

Daryl quit to "to take a gap year" with his family which actually meant 'move to Philly and try to take Harden with him" and he faced very little charge of being a traitor in the same way a player does.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What exactly is "whatever they want with their employees". I don't know what company you work for, but your boss certainly can't do whatever he desires to you.

Yung-T, Patience and Sooty like this.
  9. Rockets4Life13

Yup but fans get emotionally attached to teams and players which ultimately is the only reason why basketball players earn the money they earn.

If it wasn’t for emotional attachment to either a team or a player, no one would watch this product for entertainment purposes -> no revenue-> Draymond can play basketball for free in his backyard.

Can‘t have everything.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Draymond has a point, not sure this is the best example because I think Drummond and Cavs probably mutually agreed to go this route. However, a owner shouldn't be able to force a player to sit in street clothes, the union would definitely be involved.

s3ts and B-Bob like this.
  11. Rockets4Life13

I sign a contract when i start working that states what my boss can do to me. they signed a contract that allows their boss to trade them for another guy and in turn he pays them millions of dollars, meanwhile They have (for as long as the contract is active) no right to decide where they play. It’s that simple.

If my boss offers me a contract that states that my duties are to clean the toilet and that i am under contract for 5 years and i can’t quit earlier, but they can decide to get rid of me whenever they want - it’s my decision if i sign that one or not.
    Obviously no one in their right mind would sign that one.... unless.... they get paid millions to do it. Which NBA athletes are. Which is why they have no right to cry - they signed the contract and they will always sign these contracts because they get a shitton of money for it.
    So stop crying about your millionaire problems

PS: if it really bothers players that much they can always decide to quit on the league and play basketball at the park. But they won’t because they won’t get millions of dollars for it.

pugsly8422, Jontro, houtown and 4 others like this.
  12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

that has nothing to do with the situation that was mentioned. I'm sure there's no clause in the contract that says the team can force you to sit in street clothes for a undetermined amount of time in your contract. I'm not saying that's exactly what happened with Drummond and Blake, but it could potentially happen.

13. SamFisher

Yeah, no, this is not how at-will employment or even collectively-bargained employment works..at all.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Next thing, NBA players are victims of abuse.

HardenVolumeOne and aznhowie20 like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

A lot of ignorance in this thread.

Yung-T, DatRocketFan, ElPigto and 7 others like this.
  16. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Are u serious?

Patience likes this.
  17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Ummm, what? I don't know what kind of places you have worked, but this is a ridiculous statement.

18. Rockets4Life13

Obviously this is a hyperbole. I thought it was obvious.

But you can admit that your boss has a lot more say in what you do in your job than yourself, right?

I can’t believe that people take everything literally on this board...

19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

So I should assume you don't mean the things you say?

If you want people to take your argument seriously, don't say things that are false. Why would write a false statement (which you claim you didn't mean), then ridicule others when they tell you your statement is false?

steddinotayto likes this.
  20. Rockets4Life13

I didn’t ridicule anyone, quote me the specific line where i ridiculed anyone for this.

Sometimes I’m having a hard time to express what i mean exactly the way i mean it. We can have a discussion in my main language any time you’re ready.