1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(True Hoop) Rockets Source: "they might end up as the worst team in the league."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Don’t believe that lie. Harden wanting to leave had NOTHING to do with Tillman. He used that as an excuse to get out.

The Cat, GotGame15, bmelo and 2 others like this.
  2. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

To say we don't have enough talent is a water is wet comment. When you need everything its rather silly to analyze a single move or two and mention what you are missing. We are not 1 or 2 players away. There is a lot of this that has nothing to do with what I said and I don't necessarily disagree with you. My main point that you have glossed over is this is a dead team and while you have the chance you are searching for players. This isn't a Clint Capela or House situation filling a hole. You have a team full of guppies and no one that has played. You better give them a chance to see what they can do with real minutes and if they don't work get them out of here and find others. For at least two years this is going to be a nasty slog. I don't want to win now, I want to move forward with something that can win in the future.

The idea that playing time does not impact young players new to a team is just flat wrong on each of your main points. There is nothing to say that with more playing time that these turn into long term Rockets or anything more than rotation players. If that were true then everyone would be Kobe. Tucker, EGo, and older players developed with time and that takes minutes on court. Players learn, adapt, and can improve shooting but there are limits. Tate looks like someone who could be more. Nwaba, a good defender, may have reached his peak but not completely. KPJ, KMJr, Jones no one knows. These are young players and if they never see the court for more than a few minutes you get nowhere. As much as our goal is finding new players to be starters after we dump the older team we are also searching for rotation players. Some of these guys could fit long term but they need minutes. Tucker and EGo and Dipo getting 35 minutes on a dead team is a waste. I'm done with the Morey/Harden conversation. They are gone. We need to get as quickly as possible to the team with the players we will have after next year and start building from the ground up. These guys were acquired to augment a team that is no longer here. To think that the team is not in disarray is just shortsighted. They got Dipo thinking they could limp along to the playoffs. Rip off the band aid and let this team heal the right way. OKC isn't doing stupid **** like this. We need to align our assets.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The worst team would actually be in a better position than a mediocre team that has to send/swap picks to OKC...

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Rockets are positioned this year to be know as the "Fun when Healthy" team, but without a star players that can weather the storms of injuries.

Even the Warriors with Steph Curry, still are only an 8th seed team in the West as deep as it is. In normal times, we'd be talking about this Rockets team as a potential 6 through 8 seed team.

So I don't think it's fair to judge this team as a bottom feeder. The Rockets this year also have very little incentive to bottom out given the draft situation. I think this is a team that you root to win as a Rockets fan, or a fan of scrappy underdog teams, but your expectations are very very low as far as contention. Next Summer lets see what the Roster looks like (maybe there's even a way to trade Wall for cap relief too without giving up picks or talent), and I think we'll know if next year is the year the team decides to fully tank for 2022, or there's a young nucleus to build around.

raining threes likes this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lose lose lose

darksoul35 likes this.
  6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Your argument is nebulous and confusing to me though. I was specifically talking about the role players in terms of the players that support the “stars” every game (brown, tate, Nwaba) and I specifically talked about their poor decision making and lack of understanding of their roles and questioned it whether it’s coaching or players or a combination of both perhaps. And I disagree with you that players don’t just get better by getting more playing time. The players I mentioned all get 20 plus minutes a game. Their decision making and on court performance can be evaluated with the sample size given. It’s about performance given the situation and opportunity. So what would giving Tate 35 minutes a game do to improve his skills other than simply more playing time? Right now his role if not starting is 22 or so min a game and he needs to focus on shooting and better decision making on the break. And you added guys that don’t play at all or who aren’t even in the NBA including KMJ and KPJ. And I agree to some extent those guys need to play at some point so coaching can see what they have. But remember a lot of evaluation is from practice. If those guys aren’t competing and playing well there they’re not going to play. Just my take bro

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Which is why under any circumstances, it is dumb to ever offer pick swaps. You are always only a year away from potentially needing to rebuild through the draft.

I'm personally afraid that Tillman won't have the patience to wait a year to start rebuilding completely and will make Stone trade away a pick or two in order to win a couple more games.

darksoul35 likes this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

They should base their moves on clutchfans polls. we can vote for a better future lol

raining threes, darksoul35 and Pat like this.
  9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Put the Rockets in the East, the Rockets I think is a 6th seed.

In the West we are a Lottery Team having the 4th Pick Maybe.

chadyang likes this.
  10. Puppet Master

Puppet Master Member

Lmao

You wanna try again?

11. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

In the end, yes but I think Tilman being a cheap POS, running off D'Antoni and Morey was like the final straw and he looked around and knew these people are going to waste the rest of my career. Was Harden ultimately wrong in the CP3 exchange, yes. However, what were his options? CP3 was brought in to lighten the load but failed at his job because of health. CP3 was not able to carry the burden or be around and that doomed Harden. In desperation he looked around at someone he at least believed could do what he needed and for a while it worked. Ultimately, he misjudged Brodie's selfishness to revert back to his base form when the team needed him the most. When Brodie shoots more than 15 shots a game his teams lose. He LOVES to shoot more than 15 times. Brodie teams have been ahead so many times in the 3Q only to watch Brodie go full chucking in the 4Q to give it away.

gotsis and BallSoHarden like this.
  12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We just got blown out by the worst of the East, we would be in the lotto either way

13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

In the West we have faced West Playoff Teams 2 times each already. In the East Under .500 2 times.

Without Wood the Team is definitely Lottery. Christian Wood should not come back until after the All Star Break. The Rockets Training Staff as usual doing a poor job. Led by Keith Jones.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Rockets made all the moves that benefited Harden and his game. When the ball is not in his hands, he wandered around aimlessly, and then recently he mentions to Rachel Nichols in an interview how he had the burden to score 40+ points every night in order for Rockets to have a chance to win which now he says it was "draining". When he was scoring so many points he was boastingly considered himself the best player in the league and indirectly comparing himself better than Giannis and others because of his scoring ability, then why the f**k complain now for taking on the scoring load?! He finds comfort to be the "playmaker" now then why in the world did he want playmakers like CP3 and Russ in the first place?! His actions and words are completely contradicting.

Rockets may be the worst team in the league because Harden put the Rockets in this current position and Morey had a love-affair with Harden that directed the team in this position because he catered to Harden's game and constantly believing MDA's small-ball nonsense. From one of the best regular-season wins just a couple of years ago to becoming assistant coach, mostly thanks to Nash's influence, says a lot about MDA.

Harden experiment was simply not enough for a championship, period. He was given what he wanted, whether it was players or style of play, but he simply disappeared when it mattered the most, especially on defense. Regardless of Tillman being cheap or not, the team simply needed a cultural change and a new direction. If that means Rockets simply being in the bottom of the league for few years then so be it.

15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

James Harden is another Tracy McGrady, blaming others, deflecting your own flaws and blaming the Rockets. Why not blame Daryl Morey instead. He is the Idiot that surrounded you with one way players for years. Beverley, Ariza, Tucker etc. Those guys can't create and are so flawed offensively. Defense is the only thing they knew.

GotGame15, Jontro and Magicsaint like this.
  16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I just... I.... Wow.

clos4life and Jontro like this.
  17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It’s called losing a superstar & having to rebuild. Whether you trade him to a super team or you lose him to Father Time, it happens. You can call it “culture “ but the culture is going to get their asses kicked for the foreseeable future. Until they get another legit superstar who can play more than 2 games at a time without getting injured.

raining threes likes this.
  18. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

The owner didnt spend when we had Harden and i guarantee he will not spend LT when we dont.

slothy420 and BamBam like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Apologies to TrueHoop.
    They were dead ass wrong RIGHT.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I mean... most people don't need more examples to realise just how bad this owner is.

What a pathetically horrendous tenure so far.

B-b-b-b-b-ut Moreee and Jermes and Dumbtony are gone so Tilman is smart man!!!!

Right guys? Right guys?.... guys?

F*ck me I don't see this franchise ever recovering while this utter moron owns this team.