1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 4 pick or Bust!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Trackwell, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Mastro

Mastro Member

2. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Hate to say it as I have been one to say let's check the record after 25 games or so and see were where are Well L5, Wood out, Wall and Dipo in and out of the line up due to injury and load management. Can't seem to run out the same 5 guys night in night out.

Maybe it is time to start thinking about that #4 pick. Move as many players as we can to free up cap space in the offseason to help shape the roster moving forward. No long term or major deals unless it is just something that makes sense which is not likely.

Love KD but hopefully that injury will be nagging all season and him being on/off the court will lead to Kyrie and James hating each other and causing disfunction. Here's hoping the BKN pick goes from 21 to 14-15 or maybe even top 12! Again, here's hoping!

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. deshen

deshen Member

It remains to be seen if the media favorites Lakers, Clippers, Nets will make an exception this season. I highly doubt that any of them will.

5. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Alright I was all aboard the winning train during 7 in a row, but I’ve seen the error of my ways:

I repent and I’m full tank a thon now!

6. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

We need to go full tank mode... It’s our only hope.

7. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

The tankathon site is legit, we need a bottom 5-6 record for a good shot at the high picks, after that the percentage starts to drop off more! We are almost there, losing to the wiz would definitely help! Sit everyone! Extend nwaba and wood play the rookies!

Trackwell likes this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Who is this Jeremy Lin kid in the G-league? Can we draft him?

SamFisher and Trackwell like this.
  9. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Give it a month, We will have the second worst record in the west for sure

I’ve been watching a ton of videos on these prospects coming out.. I believe this is the deepest NBA draft class since 2003!

Jalen Suggs- Jason Kidd Comparisons
    Cade Cunningham - Grant Hill Comparisons
    Jonathan Kuminga- Vince Carter/ Siakam
    Jalen Green - Freakathlete Eddie Jones
    Evan Mobley - Chris Bosh

Greg Brown is a freak athlete
    Zhaire Smith Shoots lights out

There’s another seven or eight guys- The more I watch these videos, the more excited I get

10. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

Only 1.5 games out of a top-4 record. Getting closer.

Trackwell and ApacheWarrior like this.
  11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  12. WestendMassive

sammy and W22_STREAK like this.
  13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Hi*5

Great teamwork!

WestendMassive likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

wow ABC in full force and on the loose!
    anti basketball crowd

15. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Hope you are enjoy this amazing spectable that is called "basketball" right now buddy!

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lolol I have no idea and you may be right, BUT this is what we hear every year time and again...
    and it always turns out its mostly anthony bennets, andrew wigginses and jabari parkers hahahahh!

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

That's very true and Anthony Edwards and James Wiseman may be trash but it does give us EXCITEMENT AND HOPE.

Can't say the same about suffering for Marcus Morris and then dealing him 2 years later for a 2nd round pick.

18. Big Time Titan

Tank baby tank! Hate to admit it but James was right this squad is hot ass trash.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i do enjoy it and of course you dont because you are a part of anti basketball crowd...ABC:D

let me tell you a parable in order to illustrate why i dont like tanking even if it were to guarantees getting allstars...( and it doesnt)

would you like lebron, durant, kawhi ,embiid and curry all of them together to be given/traded to your team tomorrow and you win the title 100%?

well i wouldn't have liked it
    i really dont

perhaps this is why i have never ever watched an allstar game

i like the process (of) struggling, then wheeling and dealing, tinkering with the lineups, then finding the gems, developing them, picking the bits and pieces from here and there and solving the puzzle, i want to see coach coaching, players letting be coached, and the crowd cheering them up and lifting them of the ground into a championship...

this is BASKETBALL

then on the other hand you have playing bad on purpose and pathetic giving up the games in order that you may be given this player or that... well that is a complete opposite of the above heroic process...

glynch likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahaha i already have excitement and hope lolol perhaps i am humble and you are more greedy but wood, nwaba, tate, jones and danuel house already make games interesting for me... i need not some pie in the sky name to love this sport