1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action : 2/14/2021

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Feb 14, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

one game?... last time i checked they sittin on 0.500 record for the season....them top 4 picks not doing what you imagine them should do...eventho they drafted and developed and did everyting perfectly to a t...any team tanking can only dream of hitting the draft pick as the cs did, the coach, the culture,the media, the refs EVERY LITTLE DARN THING

and the irony of the all ironies they got to be kicked out of playoffs by the nets who they cheeated out of the picks....lololol

what better proof one needs to realize tanking is not the brightest idea and the picks are worthless

they going nowhere... and yeah .. they might accidentally win it all and so can the half of nba teams... but 'the future' belongs to them ....such a nice little phrase to delude oneself with...:D:D:D

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Celtics Aren't 'Playing Hard'

"[We] just need to play harder. That's it. We're not playing hard. We're not playing as hard as we know we can," said Walker after the game.

The Celtics are now 13-13 on the season.

Brad Stevens said that his team needs to go back to emphasizing the basics.

"I know we've talked a lot about lineups and consistency and who plays and who doesn't play. Guys that really move the ball or guys that really run the spots and really execute hard have probably got to be the priority, playing-wise, for now around our very best players. And I think that that's where we're gonna have to get to, because that's clearly an issue."

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

clap clap

Easy and J.R. like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you avoid to answer again and again... they cant realistically win it all this year, so should they tank to add another star to the core?

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Just my observation and opinion based off that observation.

The Venn diagram of fans on this message board would show that a large portion of the anti tank crowd and the **** Harden crowd overlap.

I think that group wants so badly for the Rockets to have a better than anyone expected year to stick it to their “enemy” and say “see who needs ya”!?”

Pro tanking in their eyes is admitting the bad guy was right and that we just aren’t that good.

HP3 likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

we need to set ourselves up for a tank job in 2022 and 2023 when we’ll have full control of our pick

balling against decimated and scrub teams...it wasn’t impressive

MettaWorldPete and HP3 like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah, I agree with that. But also the pro tanking crowd's diagram lines up with the sarcastic "isnt this what you wanted?" crowd who were silent when the Rockets looked like world-beaters. Now they are out in full force when the Rockets lost their best player.

JayGoogle likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Or one part of a season or whatever. They will be fine. Tatum and Brown are both under 25 and have room to grow. Celtics also have assets to trade and improve their team. You are acting like its over for them,....lol they are in a great spot. Honestly much better than the Rockets.

But they still have time though? They dont have to win now.

Nope.

What's delusional is actually believing the Celtics arent in a better position to the Rockets and actually belving the Rockets will create some type of super team this way. Im sorry but its not happening like that. The Celtics very well may win a championship in the coming years. They are built fairly well.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Why do that when they have assets to trade?

10. HP3

HP3 Member

As part of the tanking crowd, I just want to say I was always on full tank. Always. I eventually stayed quite because I didnt want ruin people's fun when we were winning. I also will not bump the tanking thread anymore.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

im trying to not put as much effort into rooting for the Rockets until the Rockets get good again.

I dont want the Rockets to tank, but whatever path they go in, I'm fine with it.

#31 DreamShook, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    HP3 likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I just saw this on the halftime show. Why didn't you guys post this? lol

incredulous stare down of the rim is golden.

Patience and Rocket River like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

some people advocated tanking even when harden was here, were you one of them and if not were they wrong?

and i dont mean this season, but few years back

14. HP3

HP3 Member

When you have a superstar player on your team, you do no tank. I was not. But he's not here anymore and we dont have that guy.

Reeko likes this.
  15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i hate that the mavs seem to have somewhat turned it around..

loved seeing luka angry and the media narrative turn on him

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

When the Mavs win the Rockets start losing.. it never fails. we have to steal back our energy

#36 DreamShook, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

the same ones who talked about tanking and wanting to blow it up during the Harden era are probably some of the same ones crying about those that want to tank now

the same way those who wanted to trade Harden for years and/or never liked him are the main ones in their feelings like sad, lonely, bitter exes now that he’s gone...funny how that works

ksny15 and HP3 like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

unlikely, but if OKC were to somehow win tonight against Milwaukee, the Rockets could pass them in the tank standings tomorrow

HP3 likes this.
  19. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

And the same loudmouths complaining about bitter exes also post like bitter exes in the stupid jeremy lin threads! Talk about looking stupid.

Some of them were not even registered on the board while Lin was here either! Talk about sad, loney, crying bitter exes!

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lol Bucks!

Bummer about KD