1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] WandaVision (Vision and Scarlet Witch)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That would be an "evil" and scary thing to do for a former superhero. Maybe the kind of thing that might start making humans hate mutants.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I see your point - it’s weird without context. It’s a pure fan service show. Honestly, I’m no huge fan of either main character but it’s been a great show for me.

Falcon and Winter Soldier looks more accessible and fun for casual viewers.

#202 Xerobull, Feb 8, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Now that you mention it... With that surprise guest from last episode, what if they pull a reverse house of m.

That's probably reserved for a big movie like strange. Pretty epic if they do that on Disney+

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

wat's a reverse house of m?

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

In the comics
    She creates a fantasy land after facing loss. Her family rules everything in that world. At the end of the series she wishes away mutants and only 150 are left in existence.

So maybe the end, she wishes for mutants like her recast bro, and gives an open for Disney to introduce Xmen and everything else.

Just a left field idea. They'll need to explain her powers more for it to make any sense

Jontro likes this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

shiiii... she's too op. this makes the fight scene in infinity war where her and vision needed to be saved by cap, falcon, and window really unnecessary. she could've taken those 2 monsters out with a blink.

Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It seems like she doesn't know the extent of her powers, but they seem to be expanding after Vision's death. Rage unlocking more power, like her dad, Magneto. I don't even think the writers really even know what her powers are and how far they can go, lulz.

NotInMyHouse and Jontro like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I had no real opinion of Wanda and Liz Olsen in the MCU, but because of this show, I got a crush on Liz Olsen. i'll ignore the pancake cakes

i hope she doesn't start talking reckless on the socials.

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Even before Visions death I think they were ramping up her power. Remember this in infinity war

then in End Game she was going up against Thanos - after Visions death

itzIce, heypartner and B-Bob like this.
  10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Thoughts:

A) I'm pretty sure this is leading to Monica getting her super powers like in the comics.

B) The twins (wiccan and speed / young avengers in the comics) getting their powers is dope.

C) Yet another devil reference -- Quicksilver calling the twins "demon spawn" (in the comics, Mephisto uses pieces of himself along with Wanda to make the twins). Mephisto has to be the bad guy, there's been way too many demon/devil references.

D) QS appearing dead to Wanda, and Vision dying outside of the bubble seems to confirm the theory that they're only alive in the bubble and if they leave, they'll die.

E) They mention Kick-ass twice (MCU Quicksilver played Kick-Ass), does this mean he'll be back? Stop ****ing with my emotions, Marvel! As an
    aside, Evan Peters (Wandavision QS) was Kick-ass's best friend in the movie.

3 more episodes left, can't wait.
    Also, who is Monica's engineer friend? There has to be some reason they're withholding that.

#210 seclusion, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    itzIce and NotInMyHouse like this.
  11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

She didn't understand how powerful she is. The times in the MCU that she's been most powerful is when she's been crazy traumatized.

A) She had been killing the ultron bots one by one, then when QS dies and she senses it, she vaporizes every single one anywhere near her without even trying.
    B) She finds Ultron's Vibranium form after QS dies and she rips his core out with telekinesis.
    C) When she's having to kill Vision, she's holding back Thanos at the same time while crying her eyes out.
    D) She has nothing left to lose after being unsnapped in Endgame, she's incredibly pissed off and starts tearing Thanos apart, leading him to call in an air strike on his allies and all of the Avengers.

My point is, she's gotten more and more powerful as we've gone along. This is pretty common in the comics and also in the MCU. (Cap eventually wielding Mjolnir, Iron Man's upgrades, Thor not needing Mjolnir to channel his powers, Hulk merging with Banner, Panther getting the kinetic Vibranium armor, Antman becoming Giantman then being able to sustain it, etc)

#211 seclusion, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  12. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Cant figure out which episode so far where Wanda has looked the hottest.

Might just be episode 6 :)

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

wanda in tights is definitely it. tho wanda getting nekkid and steamy with thanos was much better.

14. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Haha.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So much conversation happening with these shows
    This is why Disney + is winning

Rocket River

NotInMyHouse and Invisible Fan like this.
  17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

and that was Thanos with 5 stones on toying with the Avengers who came to prevent him getting the mind stone, right?
    Not the one without his glove that she later battles.

Jontro and seclusion like this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They really had me concerned after the first two episodes, but I should have known they'd turn things around.

Say what you want about Disney's decisions to support Chinese concentration camps for Muslims and the nonsense with a random side character getting canceled for expressing political opinions on Twitter, but they are absolutely killing it with these shows.

The Mandalorian managed to bring the Star Wars IP back from the grave and WandaVision has managed to revive enthusiasm in the MCU when it appeared that IP hit a high water mark with Endgame and was set to recede a bit. I'm already as excited about Doctor Strange 2 as I have been about ANY MCU film and I really didn't see that happening.

Rocket River, Jontro and B-Bob like this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  20. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I wonder if they'll put Kat Dennings in that waitress uniform on the next episode.

Xerobull, Jontro and NotInMyHouse like this.