1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden apologises and admits forcing out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Feb 12, 2021.

1. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Man I love eating sushi. I haven't had it since the Pandemic. I think I will take your advice, Thanks!!!

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So many people here are pining for their old flame - after the flame stomped on them, called them names, and then left to go play with a new crowd.

Harden left like a b****, he left with 2 years on his contract, he FORCED the team to trade CP3 for Westbrook which forced D'Antoni out, which forced Morey out, and then he ran like the coward he is....

I wouldn't take him back for the last guy on the roster.....he is DEAD to me......I will cheer for him to fail - his lack of character is a major flaw.

**** HIM!

If you still want to sit there and cup his nuts, go find a Nets board, so you can fondle his brown and curlies....

DD

cheke64, RKREBORN, Tato1971 and 4 others like this.
  3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

no clue why anyone would compare JJ Watt's departure to Hardens.

Texans weren't all that incline to keep Watt. Rockets were desperate to keep Harden.

NFL and NBA contracts are two entirely different things. most significantly - one is fully guaranteed, one isn't.

Two - JJ Watt didn't party across the country during a pandemic, maskless, violating not only league health protocols but societal ones... essentially giving a big middle finger to the millions of Americans affected by Covid.

Third - JJ Watt didn't disrespect his teammates with his attitude, words or actions while looking to move on from the Texans. Texans are wishing him well and complementary towards him rather than critical of his behavior.

I don't personally begrudge any player, NFL or NBA from wanting to move on/change teams... just don't behave like an ******* while doing so. Seriously, its not a high bar.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

LOOOOL PJ Tucker didnt do any of that and look how you treat him. Like YOU SAID ITS JUST BUSINESS.

LOL just business DD, the team didnt fit with his direction DD. You remember, right? No, stop rewriting history Tillman forced Dantoni out and Tillman ran Morey out. Ran like the coward he is???? Bro DD....ITS JUST BUSINESS YOU REMEMBER. :rolleyes:

PJ Tucker has all the character in the world....and look at what that got him....hmmmmmm......it's almost as if its .....idk what's the phrase DD.....Im struggling to find it here :D

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

read through the Deshaun Watson thread and you’ll easily find out why

HP3 likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

And lets not act like most people are mad at him for the pandemic stuff(which you can/should be mad at him for) they are mad because he left their team, simple.

francis 4 prez and Reeko like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

somebody got triggered

Who is pining for him? Lmao, people just make sh*t up on here.

he’s gone, it is what it is...some people just want to continue b*tching and crying about it like sad, lonely, bitter exes instead of accepting what happened...move on already

HP3 likes this.
  8. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

Harden leaving when he did gave the rockets maximum return - I can appreciate him not feeling great about the last few months - him forcing his way out. 18’ was our year.

no hard feelings, not gonna hold a grudge - he did as much as he could for this franchise.

let’s enjoy being rockets fans without the stress of any expectations.

HP3 likes this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep.

The situations are monumentally different...yet people are desperate to act like they are equal in any way.

Contractually, it's just different because of the leagues. As mentioned, Texans are happy to have him off of their cap moving forward. Who knows what they do with that cap space...while the Rockets begged for Harden to stay.

And just in general different as Watt didn't ignore protocols or do anything else to try and force his way out. He just worked with the team and got his release.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

You keeping that same energy for Watson?

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty sure that's a homophobic and racist microaggression. reported.

DD

Deuce likes this.
  12. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Is there evidence of Watt acting like a spoiled toddler or an ******* in the Watson thread? Does the nature of NFL contract change in that thread?

If not, what is there to find? How Watt and the texans parted ways is dramatically different from how Harden and the Rockets parted ways. Its as disparate as how the two treated the pandemic. JJ Watt act like a professional, mature and responsible adult. https://sports.yahoo.com/jj-watt-ou...s-with-nf-ls-covid-19-planning-192742864.html & https://abc13.com/day-of-hope-jj-watt-houston-food-bank-feeding-america/6089669/ While harden acted like Jake Paul and all the other idiotic "social media influencers" who partied, flouted restrictions and essentially ignored/denied the existence of the pandemic and its nearly half a million dead americans.

JJ Watt is and has been a great football player, but more importantly, he's been a consummate professional and good person and a great role model. Don' t try to drag his name through the mud and insinuate his departure from the Texans was anything close to what Harden did.

#212 blahblehblah, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    BamBam and JayGoogle like this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Nah that hypocrite gonna move the goal post and say only watt gets to leave cause he's da Texans legend and he earned it.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

I like Jaygoogle man,I appreciate how civil he is in all of our discussions. I just want to know though if he feels the same way about Watson that he does about Harden.

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I do agree jaygoogle is a civil poster.

HP3 likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You don't forget or forgive when someone does you wrong unless you are a chump.

DD

17. HP3

HP3 Member

[​IMG]

Reeko and DatRocketFan like this.
  18. HardenVolumeOne

lol the texans had a 24-0 lead againist the chiefs with a chance to host the afc title game in houston. Once again why are you picking on harden. Is it because he is an easy target

deshaun watson whether you want to convince yourself of this or not. IS QUITTING ON HOUSTON AS WELL. He signed his contract for security even after hopkins was traded knowing he wasnt gonna finish that contract in houston

19. HardenVolumeOne

Deshaun watson wishes he was half the athlete harden is, and is recieving no hate lol for wanting out after signing a new contract lol

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

DD can’t keep that same energy when a player decides “it’s just business” on his end...nah, the crying and butthurt begins and won’t stop

Deuce and HP3 like this.