1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden apologises and admits forcing out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Feb 12, 2021.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

For me, him wanting out isn't an issue. The issue for me is how he went about it.

Deckard, elvis, banzai and 1 other person like this.
  2. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I get what you're saying, but I dunno. With a LOT of injury luck, I think this team had a puncher's chance at going the distance with Harden. I think even now without Harden, if we could stay healthy, they had a shot at making some noise at least. Not winning a title, of course, but raising some eyebrows and maybe, maybe, a second round appearance with a favorable matchup. Then you replace Dipo with Harden... Harden has taken worse rosters to the 2nd and 3rd rounds before (2015, 2017), and he wasn't even as good back then.

3. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

"but I guess I had to do what I had to do in order to get where I wanted to go"

Pretty much sums up his entire time here with the Rox..pulling stupid antics to get what he wants.

4. csc177

csc177 Member

Another damn harden post...Yo move the heck on folks!

5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

He pretty much screwed his legacy the way that went down. You’re the franchise player who got everything you ask for. I don’t feel sorry for your b**** ass. All you did was find out that Silas ain’t no punk and went to another player-ran organization with essentially the same coach. So, bye Felicia. Karmas a b!tch.

DaDakota likes this.
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Injury luck is never on your side when you have John Wall and Wood on this team.

Also 2015 and 2017 Harden are better than this current version.

7. riko

riko Member

Like he never gave anything in return. Most wins by any team in that 8 year run. Never once missed the playoffs. Only got bounced out of the first round twice in 8 years. Go eat you’re sushi

sushimaster likes this.
  8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

No thanks. We did everything he asked to the detriment of our future and when it didn’t work, he threw a tantrum and quit.

dc rock likes this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Harden was both right and wrong at the same time. I’m glad the team moved on and we get to start fresh. Another season here and I think Harden would have been uncoachable and made the game hard to watch where he didn’t respect the players he was with at all. The team wasn’t going any further capped out unable to get real talent around Harden that fit well enough to get to the finals ala 2001 Sixers with Iverson.

Harden was right that both sides needed to move on for the benefit of both.

However Harden is wrong about what he should be apologizing for. He should be apologizing for forcing the Westbrick trade. Nothing he did in the trade request/pouting process hurt the franchise more than that decision.

Deckard, Easy, DaDakota and 1 other person like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Leaving a back door open is smart but isn't courageous.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol. I doubt he ever realizes that he was wrong for getting the WB deal done.

He probably thinks he is in the right demanding things as the sole superstar on this franchise.

Have Morey or MDA apologized for accommodating his every wish yet?

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Probably not because they both know the takes that would have come for years if they traded Harden that summer because they chose CP3 over Harden (because that’s the narrative we all know would have been all over ESPN).

I also don’t know that they were wrong in allowing Harden to think he was Michael friggin Jordan. I 100% believe that Hardens boost in his ego after coming here is part in what led to numerous mvp level seasons. Sure it can backfire with a lot of athletes but it’s a strategy as much as anything with some players who have unrealized talent at that level.

I don’t give either a pass ... especially MDA.... but I at least understand their positioning and why I doubt they have much regret. To me the Westbrook trade is about 75% on Harden.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Wow, if this is true I still don't give a ****.

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think about if that is right or wrong giving 100 percent of free reins to Harden.

The problem was the other players took notice, and they took notice that Harden was out of gas in the playoffs or walking around the half court line.

The other players were giving inconsistent effort as well, performances as well which eventually doomed the postseasons.

Harden was never the role model in hindsight. A lone wolf off the court too.

Morey got to take responsibility there. Period.

#174 daywalker02, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I completely understand and respect that sentiment.
    Especially at this point.
    Somebody posted that thread and I had to adjust my perspective at the time to give an honest answer.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wah wah wah, if Deshaun quits he will get it too.

one huge difference is Watson is not demanding we break up a championship contender to bring in his declining pals.

DD

dc rock likes this.
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Totally fine with me.

I would never stay with Tilman when I'm age 31 with no title and it's the number one criticism of my game.

Tilman didn't spend the luxury tax for a conference finals team, he will never pay it because he wants a guarantee and there are no guarantees. He's just too cheap during Harden's meteoric prime. Harden should have had a better sidekick than late career Chris Paul. Like Durant, LeBron he deserves as good a team as those two had when they won. LeBron's teammate was an MVP candidate last season lol.

Such a waste, Harden is as good as any of those guys. No one except maybe peak LeBron would take these rockets squads to the title. Durant showed how much talent matters when he destroyed LeBron two consecutive years while Harden was extremely competitive with them.

Good for Harden, and we got a great deal. Harden is a league legend as soon as he gets a title, which he will next season.

HP3 likes this.
  18. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

I blame Scott Foster and the Warriors.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I'm going to miss JJ Watt way more than I'm going to miss Harden.

JJ said and did all the right things, he didn't ask for forgiveness after making his decisions. He literally gave it all he had and left it out on the field.

Good bye and good riddance Harden, peace out and have fun with Kyrie!

J.R. likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I blame LFC this year, what a blimey year.

ClutchCity3 likes this.