1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood's injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket_ph, Feb 4, 2021.

1. hakeemthagreat

From his idiotic posts he leans more towards troll

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Go back to school, come back when you're ready.

3. hakeemthagreat

Ready for what? Someone who's been wrong in almost every post? The nerve

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

LoL

Nook likes this.
  5. Salvy

Salvy Member

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not getting into this but surely there were some posts where someone used small sample sizes to promote the likes of Wall, Cousins.

Once they get seriously injured, it is out of the window anyways.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

...sigh...

9. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

It’s not like we are going anywhere this season anyway, just sit out until full recovery.

10. jacoby

jacoby Member

Hopefully this isn't an Aaron Brooks type of ankle injury.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

So much for that.

ak99999, DeBeards and coachbadlee like this.
  12. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Let him sit as long as he likes. This team is playing for nothing at this point. Only one season.

s3ts likes this.
  13. DaneB

DaneB Member

The main thing to play for is to get OKC a pick between 10-13 vs. 5- 10...

Corrosion likes this.
  14. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Why should we care where OKC picks? Who knows there the Miami picks end up or where OKCs does. We can still end up with our pick.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

because we have to beat OKC to be the best. And every other team.

sure our situation is more important than theirs. But I’d rather the Warriors had selected 13th last year than 2nd for obvious reasons.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly Wood should not have traveled with the team

Don't even hint at him playing
    Don't even give the coaches the option or a say

Sit him until he is 100%
    Not 80...not 90...not 99...100%!!

Rocket River

s3ts, Patience and clos4life like this.
  17. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Why is OKC having a high pick a bigger danger than anyone else? Somebody is getting the pick we give them in that situation no matter what. If we give OKC pick 10 instead of pick 5 then another team will pick at 5. Will we not have to beat that team to the best? I don't see the logic.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

people heal differently ..i once tried to sit out the similar injury and almost died (out of boredom and not being used to live without physical activity) and instead i went back to playing limping and healed quickly

DeBeards likes this.
  19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Various reasons.

OKC is in the west. OKC is on a similar rebuild path and so we’re effectively directly competing on a similar timeframe for similar assets. OKC has solid GM. OKC getting the pick wound t relate to how well they were but rather just an asset they collected. Like the Spurs getting Duncan. It didn’t just work because Duncan was historically dominant... but also because the Spurs were actually really good when everyone was healthy. OKC obviously isn’t this. It still noteworthy.

then on top of everything else... the Rockets just don’t get the pick. So it’s not that OKC gets it but the Rockets dont get it.

current right now Rockets you’d say who cares. They’re horrible in current state of health. But when everyone was healthy the were rolling and I’d argue the benefit of playing decent and seeing what you got, having a positive feel outweighs the VERY VERY incrementally extra chance they’d be able to rank enough to be in that top 4 to start and then keep the spot.

at the moment the upside scenario of tanking is the 76ers.... who have yet to make it out of the second round after first tanking like 8 yrs ago.

given the current state of the team am i against a 76ers style tank job? No... I mean they’ve looked like a g league team out there lately. And frankly I’d prefer Spaulding and KMJ and Mason get time that being the case anyway. I’m not sure they’re purposefully doing it though... which is the nice thing. It’s not blatant but happening anyway. If Oladipo comes back soon they’ll start to at least win some games though. And you’d think a wood is returning sometime this season.

the tank without blatantly tanking approach would hold out Dipo at least another week, bring him back on the first night of a back to back anyway, would keep CWood out as long as possible truly justifying making his ankle 100% right, and trading Gordon and Tucker sooner rather than later.

let’s see what approach they take. As horrendous as they’ve played they’re still only 2 losses behind most of the 7-10 teams and there’s no question when 100% healthy the team is actually relatively competent.

hakeem94 and Corrosion like this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If he can go, you play him.....

DD

hakeem94 likes this.