1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans release JJ Watt

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Phillyrocket, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

One thing that we don't want to miss is that the Texans defense got worse today. Say what you want about JJ, he was still the best Texans player on defense. If the Texans are serious about keeping Deshaun, they better get some PLAYERS on defense.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My friends from Wisconsin are really hoping he comes home to the Packers. One who saw that he was wearing a Badgers jersey is already reading that as a message he’s going to come back to Wisconsin

3. likestohypeguy

Ah I am dying here reading posters taking that fake easterby rambling on JJ at face value

arkoe and conquistador#11 like this.
  4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

BillyO has been gone since October, but his damage will linger for years.

5. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

No one was giving you a 2nd or 3rd for a guy making $17.5 million who has been healthy 2 out of the last 5yrs. This helps the Texans get under the cap and does Watt a favor in the process.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are ignoring the report it seems that they did not trade him as a favor and thanks to him.

He's literally on his last 2-3 seasons, if that, trading him to the Jets or something for a 5th round pick would just be petty, greedy, and quite frankly cruel.

People go on and on about how crappy the Texans treat their players (I'm not denying that either) and they do one solid for a Houston legend and it's "WHY DIDN'T THEY TRADE HIM FOR A 6th ROUND PICK OR SOMETHING!!?"

primtim24 and arkoe like this.
  7. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

You trade him to a team he wants to go to.... simple. They could have gotten a pick or two, so this just shows more incompetence.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

stop defending players that want to leave a team when they signed a fking contract. u are just giving certain players free pass.

TEXNIFICENT and BigShasta like this.
  10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Houston legend

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Has she ever states what the '*' means in her tweets? Her opinion? An out if the situation changes?

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Only thing I learned at the end of the day is, certain posters like jaygoogle r hypocrites when it comes to players giving up on the team.

We can not afford to let any players walk even watt for free when we are sucking and Watson drama. Posters btch back and forth about harden leaving, but the man gave us assets. Watt gives us nothing.

Oh he spent his time he deserves to leave In the middle of his contract, then so does fking harden. And don't be using that cap space bs, harden saved cap space also.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Good for him. I will always love that guy.

Be happy, wherever that is.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Cal McNair and Easterby's damage will linger for decades...

Scarface281 likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

For what? Why would a team trade for him when they know you're going to release him? Teams don't do that in the NFL unless they're stupid...like the Texans trading for David Johnson.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Once again.

One major difference.

Texans wanted to part ways with Watt.

Rockets didn't want to part ways with Harden.

That's a huge difference that you keep ignoring.

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Watt gave up on the team, if he wanted to stay the Texans would have kept him. Stop with the goal post moving and bs excuses. U hypocrite.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...ills-titans-interested-after-release.amp.html

No way really we couldn't get anything for him?
    Hell with all your goal post moving u can't even accept the fact that Watt fking gave up on the Texans cause it doesn't fit your narrative w/ your mental gymnastics.

Mutual parting my ass. Watt gave up on the Texans, who felt like they owed him for his services and let him b free. Doesnt change the fact that he quit on the team mid contract like harden.

#217 DatRocketFan, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    jiggyfly likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is just false.

They could have got something for him (likely not much...), they decided to do him a favor and let him go likely because he's the greatest player to ever wear the jersey.

Also, you should read your article again bro. It's not about teams interested in TRADING for him but interested in PICKING HIM UP OFF FA...there is a HUGE difference lol.

The team wanted to move on from Watt man because of his cap hit and age. It's not that complicated. You can keep calling me this name or that name but you keep ignoring how different these situations are and thus you don't understand why people are reacting to them differently.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Mental gymnastics my dude. Watt gave up on the team, that alone make the situation the same. I don't give a fk if the Texans felt obligated to let him b free for nothing, fact stand is he gave up on us and u just spin it to fit your narrative.

According 2 posters like u, once u signed a contact u play it through then u can leave and ring chase all u want. Harden didn't and u btch about it. Watt doesn't get a free pass, simple as that.

U don't just give up the "greatest Texans" just cause, it's bc he wanted out. A simple fact that u seem to outright ignore.

Yea doesn't sound right does it the greatest Texans giving up on his team, u gotta spin it like mutually agreement. Pffft hypocrite

Me personally I'm fine with watt ring chasing, he deserves it like harden I just can't stand hypocrites.

jiggyfly, Scarface281 and Nook like this.
  20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

So a player has never gone on the trading block before?