1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo Test could be critical

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClutchCity9495, Feb 12, 2021.

1. ClutchCity9495

Oladipo undergoing additional test on his foot should be of great concern. He would lose all trade value if a fracture is found that causes him miss season. We lose all trade value and no team trade for him when can just sign him. This is critical outcome on if he is a trade piece. In fact if something serious, would Rockets try resign him then as coming off an injury would not be a Max player. And the market may not be there because of Pandemic. Lets hope for a positive result, what is taking so long to get news.

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for ruining my day.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

If it was that serious, he would have just stayed in houston and not gone on the road trip with them. Dipo is just being super cautious because hes trying to get his money soon

pr0wler, csc177, xiki and 1 other person like this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

MO' MONEY
    MO' MONEY
    MO' MONEY.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Hope the Rockets are also cautious and ship his ass out.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

someone alert jiggyfly

don grahamleone and hakeem94 like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

normally I'd say they'd be dumb not to but it's Tilman so nothing dumb surprises me anymore. I just continue to laugh at it

topfive, burlesk and clos4life like this.
  8. ClutchCity9495

I hope your right, he is already probably out next game. But it was concerning enough to get the dreaded MRI. Bit different angle as it was ankle foot connection bending more back, which can cause those tiny fractures as those are small bones. Rolling the other way like Wood usually ligaments, his ankle is not as common. But it is a good sign on a flight, would just like a quick statement, Silas comment made me a little nervous.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

If we can somehow pry away MPJ from the Nuggets, Tilman would love the deal that @treyk3 proposed. Dipo/Tucker/Portland FRP (via rockets)/Celtics FRP (via Boston) to Denver, MPJ to Rockets, Gary Harris to Boston. Celtics own a $30M TPE which they could use to absorb Harris's contract.

It's a long shot, but you never know. Saves Tilman even more money!!!

burlesk likes this.
  10. ClutchCity9495

I don't want to judge Oladipo yet, so far not impressed and don't see Max, only a nice player, but he may still be recovering from his injuries, so don't want to rush to judgment, who would you want at 2 guard going forward if not him? Porter has talent, but can't rely on him due to his Mental issues and risk. You can play Gordon, and hope Jones can come off bench. Its not fair we can't stay healthy to give a fair evaluations of this team.

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Silas said he anticipates Oladipo to travel. Doesn’t sound too concerning. He has been playing scared due to injuries every game. I think he is suffering because of the severeness of the rupture he had. He just isn’t playing aggressive.

saleem likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Doctor: Oladipo, I’m not seeing it.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

second opinion and failed dunk next?

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  14. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Oladipo looked freaked out after that monster dunk he had. Maybe surprised him self a little. He will need to do that more and get used to it if he ever wants to get his aggressiveness back. Not sure he will ever get there considering the type of injury he had.

saleem and raining threes like this.
  15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

There is absolutely no chance of us getting MPJ anymore. He was on available for Harden. We have nothing of value even close to him.

burlesk and saleem like this.
  16. vator

vator Contributing Member

Time for us to face the real issue here. Oladipo is not that good. Targeting him in a trade for Harden was stupid. I'll gladly eat my words for just one first-round pick. I'm doubtful that he would even fetch us that at this point considering his contractual demands and his on-court production. He is on the clock to redeem his trade value and time is ticking away.

Zboy, fattz, joshuaao and 9 others like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this may be a blessing in the sky , warriors signed steph on cheap due to injury concerns

18. farhen

farhen Member

I miss caris lavert already lol

19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

We just wouldn’t resigned him.

hope is nothing serious and we can move him ASAP

clos4life likes this.
  20. clos4life

clos4life Member

I miss Jarred Allen.