1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

What's the hold up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Wall - Oladipo - Gordon - Tucker - Cousins

GUYSTHATWANNABEHEREBALL

FUNBALL

100 million dollars to make .500 ball look hard. Kicked the 2nd best player the franchise ever had to the curb and didn't even have a plan to rebuild. Struggling to find tall professional basketball players. Letting the team drown under Wall/Cousin's eternal grimacing. PJ literally putting on a mad face to do interviews and team related media. Seriously, why is Oladipo in Houston? Sitting on a stock of assets and no action while the team suffers. Scrooging the youth movement.

There's literally a guy named House that needs to go. It's not even a freaking metaphor anymore man.

It's time to clean house.

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Must of thought Wall and Cousins was going to be elite coming back from Achilles tears lol.

Invisible Fan, hajkov and saleem like this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

reality is a cold hearted b****.

coachbadlee likes this.
  4. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Kicked him to the curb? He kicked the Rockets to the curb. Go back to Russia or the Republicans with that revisionist history propaganda bullshit.

Aruba77, juanm34 and TheRocketfan like this.
  5. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Sooooo after losing your franchise player, GM, and coach all in a matter of months, we should already be rebuilt huh? Wow! Yeah that's a realistic expectation...

rhino17, juanm34, Joe Rocket and 8 others like this.
  6. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Meanwhile KD + Kyrie + 2nd best Rocket ever are just 3 games over .500

I love how people think it's easy to just move 40M+ contracts around.

Boki4MvP, juanm34, Joe Rocket and 5 others like this.
  7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Whenever Harden left/retired/declined it was always going to be painful. There is no easy way to transition from one era to another. At least we have some assets for the future. This year is like "whatever." I don't think Oladipo and Tucker are going to be here next year, and if the offer is right, maybe not Gordon either. Hell, half the young guys may be gone next year too. It is what it is. Maybe we finish .400, maybe we finish .500, doesn't really make much difference long term. I initially had hopes this group could be special, but it turns out there was a reason all these former stars were available....

burlesk, HP3, ramotadab and 4 others like this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Whats the hold up is two fold-

1. The trade deadline isn't for a few more weeks. All teams hold deals up for players like Tucker, etc. mostly until then.
    2. Professional courtesy to John Wall, Boogie, and a few of the other veterans who deserve the chance to play to win at least for a few weeks.

There's no harm in letting the team try to be a playoff team for the months of Jan - March. The fans deserve a few games to have some hope and excitement, and John Wall and Boogie are others are busting their hump out there. Enjoy the month of February when we actually have a couple weeks left before it likely is time to bow out of the playoff race.

You got all the time in the world to tank bro.

9. PTX

PTX Member

Are yal forgetting wood has been hurt and there hasn't been a consistent line up yet. Yea they probably should trade a few guys, but this team fully healthy is decent to good and will probably still make the playoffs.

roslolian likes this.
  10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

What's the hold up?

[​IMG]

:eek:

juanm34, D-rock, burlesk and 10 others like this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We can’t trade Victor O yet, hasn’t been here enough time.

DD

coachbadlee likes this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We got a draft pick with Wall. Cousins was free.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Trade Tucker, Oladipo, House, B-Mac, and Wall and Gordon if possible

Starting line-up:

Mason Jones
    Kevin Porter Jr.
    Jae’Sean Tate
    KJ Martin Jr.
    Christian Wood

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Harden wanting to leave wasn't even a thing until a couple of days before the preseason games, when that whole partying situation arose. And it didn't become an actual reality until a postgame interview like, 4 games into the season or something.

Can't blame Stone for not having time.

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Are you being sarcastic?

Harden asked for a trade in October. Even though it wasn't public, Harden and Westbrook wanted out as soon as MDA quit.

Harden forced the team to trade for Westbrook the year before or he was going to demand a trade. He clearly wasn't going to be satisfied here and Tilman gave him everything he wanted while ruining this team's future.

Morey left because he couldn't stomach trading Harden and he knew it was inevitable.

Stone took a trade devoid of any young prospects because Tilman gave him the order to clear the books for seasons past 2021. The problem is, they thought Oladipo would help them maintain some competitiveness this year. Maybe even a six or seven team.

The team had a plan. It was to be a borderline playoff team this year so their swap wasn't as painful.

The plan failed.

They got a bunch of picks that may end up being nothing. Internally they think the picks after 2022 will all be high choices, they believe the Brooklyn team will split up when their contracts expire. They think these pieces will allow them to be competitive in obtaining the next disgruntled superstar. They have a plan, I don't like it.

The Harden trade could be a disaster or it could work out gangbusters. They literally put all of their money on red and spun the wheel. They didn't get an Ingram, they didn't get an SGA, they didn't even get a youngster on a tier below that like a Herro. They got a has been on an expiring contract to remain competitive and keep flexibility by not being tied down financially past this season. This team is the Rainforest Cafe of teams.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

harden wanted to leave well before the season started. It wasn't sudden. Cf's just wanted to believe otherwise and just hang onto to him despite his intentions being known

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I wonder if we could secure the trade, send Dipo home so he doesn't get hurt, play younger cats in the meantime. Make the transition easier and remove the risk of injury.

burlesk and BamBam like this.
  18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Eh, as talented as Ingram and SGA may be, they are not good enough yet to make their teams into winners either. By the time either of those guys is a bona fide superstar, they may well be on other teams anyway. On paper, the players NO got from the AD trade look good, but they haven't really moved the needle at all on the court.

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I agree, it's all a gamble, I just want some young guys to root for. I prefer gambling on players who have proven that they can play, gambling on a pick that the # is already decided or gambling on a combination. Instead, the team gambled fully on draft picks that could all be out of the lottery for a top 5 player. It just wasn't a deal I liked. I understand why they did it. I just don't agree with it.

HP3, Patience and ROXTXIA like this.
  20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Lol...

Nah they've dragged on announcing new staff, trading Harden and letting this weird iteration of the Rockets exist until when, the trade deadline now? This team is a shitshow. I'd rather watch young guys lose than, well, old guys. At least we can talk about potential. We really want to have a discussion on this 100 million dollars worth of veterans that POTENTIALLY might make the playoffs. Get eaten alive by Lebron or Chris Paul, Jesus won't that be the cherry on this shitsundae. Getting mauled by the Suns and CP laughing his way past the Rockets bench 60 times a game.

Yeah, you hold on close to that one. The Rockets are at their ceiling and the Nets are at their floor. They're finding the mojo on 3 players who are former mvp, champion or both. Rockets are finding out which veteran will need to sit next game.

OH! 40m contract so hard to move literally, said a fan of the team that's moved 4 of them in 4 years looking to make it a 5er. I SARCASM YOU.

GET ME A WENCH YOU!!!!!!!!!

foh, HP3 and BamBam like this.