1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fox & Friends 2 day Summary

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Feb 11, 2021.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Watched yesterday and today. You can blitz through and hour or two of recordings in about 15 minutes. Give you an understanding and certain level of sympathy for Trumpsters and conservatives.

Fox had a 3 minute new report that impeachment proceedings are happening and the rejection that ex president could not be impeached. Then stories about: small restaurant hurt in S.Dakota because of cancel of XL Pipeline; barber cuts hair in front o Michigan Capitol to protest shutdown to save lives; WHO controlled by China which caused Covid; evil teachers unions causing kids to miss school, an ICE agent claiming hordes of MS 13 members are massing at the Mexican border because of Joe Biden, an ad for a longer expose about immigrants, a guy paid off a lot of student loans furious that some loans may be forgiven, Mark Cuban not playing the national anthem and they almost tearfully so love all the symbols of the country, but no mention of the riot, the US Capitol as symbol, the Trump and Confederate flags or stabbing police with flag poles with American flags.

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

What's worse? Being a cowboys fan or watching two hours of Fox News....for any reason.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Do the old guy bookends ever get to tag team the almost pretty with weird features blonde in the middle?

Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

She will hang in there for awhile and than cash out with a large settlement for harassment. I especially like they way they sudddenly smile so villain like when they make a point against government ineptness or the Dems

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

fair and balance

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  6. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I watched about 2 minutes of Tucker last night where he proclaimed the big lie, then had some guy on that went on about Maxine Waters and some lady in Cuba and then Carlson going on about the radical dems and that George Floyd really wasn't killed by the cops, it was a drug OD blah blah blah

#6 ROCKSS, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    mdrowe00, Deckard and Dubious like this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah I mean it's insane if you watch normal coverage of the Impeachment, they keep on saying "what would need to happen to move Republicans, etc."

The answer is obvious.... NOTHING will move them because they don't live in the same reality. Even these Republican Senators all watch FoxNews, and serve the FoxNews agenda. Since Newt Gingrich & the rise of Bill O'Reilly who just regurgitated Rush's morning show, the Republican party is wholly subservient to whatever FoxNews propagates their viewers with. If Fox doesn't change, half of America will not change. It's just that simple. 40% of the country will always believe that something like Mark Cuban's team not playing the National Anthem as being a more important issue than literally the violent insurrection of our Democracy by right wing mobs.

In the end the Left, and the middle just have to stay engaged in the long run in American politics. We cannot allow another 2009 - 2016 to ever happen again where we all fall asleep at the wheel. And these next two years (less now, and losing precious time by the hour) are the most important to codify Democracy into our government. If Biden and the Dems in the Senate & House fail to do so, America will be unrecognizable as a Democracy moving forward.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Are they still saying that ****?

FranchiseBlade, mdrowe00 and ROCKSS like this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Fox news generates alot of hate,paranoia and false claims. They really should be banned.

10. Xerobull

Serves as a good idiot detector.

mdrowe00, Deckard, cheke64 and 2 others like this.
  11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I tried to watch a few minutes of Tucker Carlson for interest sake. I think I might of made 1 minute before I was totally disgusted.

12. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I was shocked and it takes a lot to shock me anymore.................just down right lie on top of lie

seemoreroyals and jiggyfly like this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

I was flipping around on the radio dial yesterday and on 740 they had some conservative radio guy going on and on about how great Hydroxychloroquine is. They are still talking ABOUT THAT.

I mean, these people are really something. But, I guess they make a lot of money doing what they do.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I used to watch Fox just about everyday just to see if I was missing something and to have a different perspective during the Obama years it was tough but you could pick something up.

It's just embarrassing now, they don't even try to be objective.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I chuckled but... that’s actually a really hard question!

Xerobull likes this.
  16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Oilers fan in any year with a 7 or 8 in it, and no one named Phillips on the coaching staff. 29 straight winning seasons with one coach, who correctly predicted Kenneth Stanley's crazy and noped out of the first Oilers' job. Not a fan of any kind but getting three more rings while there was a tire fire on Kirby.

Nook likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Seven enraging narratives (to link across"episodes") plus a sprinkle of outside news to soothe the cows that everything is all right for their team.

Other cable nets aren't better nowadays

18. Xerobull

19. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Turned on 740 yesterday while going to get lunch. Learned 1/6 was Pelosi's fault for not beefing up security at the Capitol. Remembered why I don't listen to 740. Turned 740 back off.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  20. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

The damage Fox News (and conservative radio) has done to this country over the last couple of decades is catastrophic.