1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 2/11/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 11, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Silas recognizes the efficiency of small ball, why does he refuse to play their most efficient line up MORE????

Switch House for one of the HOUnds, Nwaba-Tate-Brown.

Instead he plays House no matter how inefficient or how many misses from 3 or defensive lapses.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Deja vu!!!

I got chills!

Kevooooo likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. jacoby

jacoby Member

I didn't watch tonight's game. Can someone fill me in on what I missed? Who performed well, who didn't, etc.

I see Tate had a good showing according to the box score.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

So with that thought process, the Heat didn't blow us out because they missed shots?

Lol I hate this line of thinking.

How about letting the worst rebounding team in the league get three pivotal offensive rebounds in the closing moments of the game. Do you think that had to do with losing?

7. Downtown Sniper

Nah. Haven't you heard. We've got this amazing game plan where we let John Wall do his best Harden impression.

It doesn't matter that he's 1/10th as talented as Harden. He yells on the bench so that makes him a better player and immediate fan favourite!!!

DatRocketFan likes this.
  8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It did not come true. :(

9. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it was part of it, but if each of them make just 1 additional open 3 then we win by 2 and folks not in here overreacting.

how about the Rockets had 2 chances to foul Iggy a known bad FT shooter and didnt

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This losing streak has been no fun, but this play was:
    [​IMG]

11. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Anyone know the severity of their respective injuries?
    Game recap didn't have anything about this in it.

12. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

Venting:

Wall and dipo is a tough combination, especially when the latter cant get his. What irks me about wall sometimes is that no rebounder feels he could run and take the ball the length of the floor because wall has to get his hands on it to start the offense.

I wish we could just rebound and have the guards just pick and fill the lanes.

Unpopular opinion: without wood, aggressive/selfish EG is by far our best offensive weapon. With the drive to three ratio of 3:1. Today, he was too passive and did not attack the way he has all year. And it cost us. I appreciate his facilitating but we need his offense more.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. Downtown Sniper

Right.

Ok and if Miami's players also just hit 1 more three - what happens?

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Downtown Sniper

Yep. Wall is frustrating as hell to watch and that is one huge part of it.

But people are still trying to make themselves feel good about Harden so they've got to will themselves into loving him and thinking he is actually a positive for this tanking team.

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I put this loss on Silas.

dude. You can’t have a bunch of 6’5” players fighting for a rebound you HAVE to get to have a chance. They lost 3 rebounds in a row. Absolutely pitiful.

And Eric Gordon needs to stop taking heat check shots from 30+ after making just one shot. Cmon man...

hakeem94 and gfab-babyboi like this.
  16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

The cross court pass to sterling brown (by cousins I think) who shot it into a cutting nwaba was a very nice play. The ball tends to move better w cousins out there. But sometimes it still gets stuck on the perimeter. We should be posting more to suck in the defense THEN kick out. We all just stand on the perimeter and the defense just stands in a box formation around the paint. Nobody commits enough to free a man.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  17. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

my main point was - we had BenMac who forum screams for Silas to play come in and go 0-5 and no defense

we have House thinking he’s 1-2nd option jacking up 9 3s and going 3-19

Brown hasn’t been bad

but to try and blame the game on Cousins not being in when Miami put him in PnR 3 times in a row is stupid.

18. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

Wall drives to the basket as much as Dame and gets half the calls - Miami is one of the best teams at packing the lane, so it killed a lot of the driving lanes. Wall catch and shoot 3pt % has been great. If he would limit the 2-3 off the dribble ones he takes I would be happy

Dipo has sucked the last 2 weeks, doesn’t matter if he’s lead guard or playing off the ball... His dribble is not tight, his timing on when to gather seems off, so he’s always trying circus layups. He’s supposed to be a good catch and shoot 3pt shooter but that hasn’t been the case.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

how come? was it not competitive till the very end?

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its ok he s perhaps using regular season to test and try the things develop the depth etc

I know some people dont like losing but imho this is just a small hitch or hicup and silas and the crew will adjust!