1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CALM DOWN] rebuilding isn’t that bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 9, 2020.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

o_Oo_Oo_O

2. alethios

alethios Member

LOL, this should be a meme, like "Dafuq you talking about?"

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

These past 2 years the FO treated those picks as if they were toxic.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Probably gave Tilman a mini heart attack just by posting about taking on salary

5. BigBum

BigBum Member

Can OP modify the subject!

isn’t that bad = bad (still in the bad category)

My subject would be

Rebuilding is great!!!

6. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

ugh, rebuilding is the worst, especially without draft capital. It happens to everyone though, so if it does happen I hope it includes:

1) one or two NBA championships for Harden/Westbrook/D'Antoni era and one more deep playoff run before it happens;
    2) Westbrook and Harden traded before their value is gone but after they've fallen off enough it won't happen here, to teams I don't despise, where they are valued, can help said teams win and add to their legacies, but they'll say things like, "I'm enjoying this but I will never forget my tenure as a Rocket, those were the best years and that championship(s) will always mean the most to me."
    3) Morey is still at the helm and given license to do a complete rebuild. We've never seen fully how he would handle this, especially under modern rules, but I'm certain he'd do more than just tank and hope for a star. He'd be selling cap space for picks, stockpiling projects in the G-League, signing solid vets for good contracts, showcasing them, and then trading away for younger players/more draft capital, etc.
    4) After Rockets secure new era of stars, the season they look to make first postseason run, they sign Harden to a one year deal as backup center so he can finish his career as a Rocket.

Also if Tilman is forced to sell team to a true billionaire somewhere in there. Jeff Bezos went to River Oaks Elementary (just saying).

7. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Rebuilding is great! Everyone does it!! Come join the fun!

8. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

i think we can get 7-8 good draft picks, young guns for Russ, Harden and Covington so can rebuild so at least we have some pieces to trade

knicks etc. dont have as much to work with

9. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Losing doesn't hurt as much now, it's either 1st-4th pick it bust.
    Never seen the team in disarray as of now and derailled with sucessful chain of unlucky freak injuries.
    Wall,dipo can't even play b2b that's so lame considering their huge salaries, smh we were spoiled with harden.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

But the “leader” Wall says that they love each other and the team camaraderie will conquer all!!!!!!!

11. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

How about 8 draft picks with Harden, one with Russ and 1 with Covington (who isn't killing it in Portland like I expected)