1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looking for some of that good stuff (Coffee)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Blatz, Jan 9, 2021.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

No that's not correct. You shouldn't drink coffee roasted within 7 days since there is a degassing process that takes a week. Coffee tastes good for weeks and even months if stored correctly especially for brew coffee. For espresso, 1 to 3 weeks old is ideal, but I've had great tasting shots out to 6-8 weeks depending on roast and bean origin.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I can vouch for them, Matt is a friend of mine. Top notch and super passionate about coffee.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  4. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

What I stated is a guideline. That said, I'd never tell somebody they can reliably get a good cup of coffee from beans that are 8 weeks old. We are in agreement that too new and too old are bad. For most folks, if they take away anything, grocery store coffee that could be 8-12 weeks old (or more) is not optimal ...which is probably 90% of the coffee consumers out there. So I think we are on the same team here. :)

But just for fun, for you to say I'm "not correct" is a little strongly worded. It's just we differ by a few days. Also, what you find "great tasting" may vary widely so it's more of a matter of opinion, within reason.. And frankly, a great coffee can even vary wildly by so many factors including humidity, water, grinder, etc.

Here is a link to one site that aligns with my perspective but, you know, internet. So I'm sure you can find something to the contrary.
    Is Your Coffee Too Fresh? – Clive Coffee

R0ckets03 likes this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Weird... just saw this in Felicia Stone's twitter feed after seeing that a "Patrick Mutombo" was coaching the G-League Raptors team (no relation). Maybe it's a sign :

https://mutombocoffee.com/

6. Buck Turgidson

Dr of Dunk likes this.