1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Disney+] Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Oct 6, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

James Woods and Jon Voight were already out before they got any heat for their Trumpism. Voit is 82 years old!

Woods in particular has been a headcase, set aside his political stuff, for years.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure, it was done without researching further into the matter.

Now that it turns out Amber was the abuser, Disney is starting to think about getting him back.

If it is strictly saying things politically, I believe Whoopie Goldberg has had a hard time getting jobs.

FYI, Waldman= Depp's attorney

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

If you're saying just logical argument, it's still skewed, because people were literally outing the Jewish to the Nazis to be rounded up.

But then you throw in the Jewish Holocaust, and all logic is out the window. She swung for the fences when there were much safer base hits to be had.

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's not that she was saying Republican things, it's that she was saying stupid things, lulz. NEXT

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Its amazing the same people who are carping for Gina were telling Colin to stick to football.

bobrek and Buck Turgidson like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's interesting the language you're using, it's a common framing device used by authoritarians. You can't merely hold an opinion counter to their dogma, instead you are ATTACKING people by not blindly submitting to or disagreeing with their political dogma.

Don't buy in to the pronouns BS? That's ATTACKING people

Have problems with election irregularities? That's ATTACKING people.

Don't think you need to wear a mask? That's ATTACKING people.

That's how you guys frame things, you either blindly submit to your dogma, or it is an act of violence.....therefore justifying your attacks on those people seeking to police their thought.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Those are just some names I could think off the top of my head.

Cancel culture only started, now even the #MeToo and other movements are branching out into it.

It will only get worse, mang, better believe it.

While you get the bad guys like Weinstein and Eppsteins, you are bound to get innocent guys too on allegations alone.

It's either a different opinion, one small mishap in interviews, or allegations.

8. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I kinda liked her too actually. But her views on political issues didn't sit well with me.

9. Buck Turgidson

Just learned Voight's playing a SC Justice in a conservative take on Roe v. Wade. The movie also stars Joey Lawrence, Stacey Dash, Tomi Lahren, John Schneider, Jamie Kennedy, Corbin Bernsen, Steve Guttenberg, Milo Yiannopoulos and Mike Lindell...so you know it's gonna be good.

jiggyfly, McNultyisDrunk and mikol13 like this.
  10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I feel like you just made this up and it's a glorious joke.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Let's face it, that's a joke even if it is true.

Xerobull likes this.
  12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Lifetime movie?

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

She played a kinda interesting character on a good show, but she's not a good actress. She's ok. She won't be missed in season 3.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Now, was it worth saying all that BS and being tossed from the Star Wars universe?

Social media is the devil. It brings out the worst in people.

Buck Turgidson and justtxyank like this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No. You can reframe what other people said which is a typical tactic you employ.

You can disagree with whatever you want but if you mock them you are attacking them. Gina Carrano can believe whatever she wants about transgenders, the election, God, you, me etc. if she makes fun of any of those things or accuses any of them of theft then she attacked

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Saying "attacked" is a bit dramatic and is used exclusively to excuse attacks against that person. Is it rude to mock people for their belief in the right to compel others to refer to them in certain ways? Sure, but when you start calling that an "attack" you are doing so to excuse completely inexcusable behavior in retaliation with the desired result being censorship and uncontested supremacy of certain political dogma.

It's not right when right wing authoritarians do it, it's not right when left wing authoritarians do it, it's not right when religious extremists do it. Authoritarianism is always wrong.

blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Disney+ subs just blew it out. Way more than estimated. 94.9 million v 90.7 million estimated

Everyone got excited that Gina Carano got fired and subscribed immediately!

18. SuraGotMadHops

I think about a scene from the movie Falling Down a lot these days, where Michael Douglas calls a bigot owner of the Surplus Store a sick a-hole, and starts shouting at the owner "I'm just disagreeing with you! In America, we have the freedom of speech! The right to disagree!"

The right to disagree appears to be getting extinguished with the rise of cancel culture. I remember when only clear, unequivocal, unmistakeable hate speech led to someone getting canceled (i.e. Don Sterling). Now, so long as something can arguably be considered questionable or unpopular speech by a section of society that is popular, they get cancelled. It's getting out of control.

The fact that there is so much debate over whether what Gina posted was offensive or not, just shows that it should be protected and should not have costed her job. Nobody, anywhere, can debate what Don Sterling said on tape about african americans, that was clear as day, and he was rightly cancelled.

19. ths balla

ths balla Member

Blanket statements are the worst, just say this particular person, not every single person that votes left or right think the exact same thing

justtxyank likes this.
  20. ths balla

ths balla Member

I think the problem is that there is a visible double standard depending on which side of the political divide you are on for the exact same commentary