1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2nd Trump Impeachment Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

Wow. That was pretty compelling

deb4rockets, B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

After watching that and then hearing the GOP`s response, how sad and pathetic they have become. Any rational person who saw the House Managers presentation over 2 days knows the truth...............but hey what about Portland!!! Squirrel !!!!!!

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yes it's a very small part of it but if they argue that point consistently any defense becomes that more absurd.

These are the same Yahoos who went on and on about how Hillary did not act in Benghazi, they drug that out for years, yet Trump said nothing when the capitol was under attack and its let's turn the page.

I would hang Benghazi over their heads everyday until 2022.

#1163 jiggyfly, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    Andre0087, mdrowe00, edwardc and 4 others like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Likely?

I don't see it.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great point. I agree.

mdrowe00 and jiggyfly like this.
  6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I watched all day yesterday. Going in I thought there was plausible deniability that Trump's words could be tied directly to the riot but the case made for the pattern of speech going back before Charlottesville was compelling and the bullhorn reading Trump tweets in real time was the clincher.

I would have liked to have seen more emphasis put on the fact that the President of the United States is a liar or possibly insane with his insistence that he won the election. How could a person with all the intelligence information in the World available to him continue to tell a bold face lie for months.

I would also like to have seen the Impeachment Articles have a possible conviction for dereliction of duty, in the preparation of security and failure to respond to a National crisis. The trial yesterday just glossed over as "yet to be determined' the reasons the security was undermanned and the National Guard delayed. I am quite sure this was intentional and planned on part of the administration. I would have liked them to follow up the chain of command and expose the planning orders as far up the President. I believe the under response was intended as 'optics' to contrast a MAGA rally with a BLM rally and it backfired on them in spades. At best it was incompetence, at worst a conspiracy to occupy the Capitol.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. NewRoxFan

This was not a one time action by trump. ted cruz warned of this... over four years ago...

AroundTheWorld, No Worries and B-Bob like this.
  9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

See 2010.

The Rs lack of oversight of the financial markets gave us The 2008 Great Recession. By 2010 all had been forgiven and the Ds got their asses handed to them.

The Rs failure to properly lead in the 2020 CV-19 Pandemic gave an even worse financial disaster. By 2022 ...

Andre0087 and mdrowe00 like this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

2010 did not have the stench of Trump all over it and Republicans were not coming off an insurrection.

You can't even pin the 2008 Recession entirely on the Rs.

Not saying it cannot happen but this impeachment thing is gonna hang over the R's head for awhile.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What is disturbing to me is that he hid it from a man who for years considered Graham a close friend. A man who was a true patriot, who proved it in combat and in his actions after being taken prisoner. John McCain. Until several weeks ago, Graham was playing golf with a "man" who belittled McCain's service to his country on multiple occasions, even after his death. There aren't words suitable to describe just how low a human being Lindsey Graham has become.

Reeko, Andre0087, deb4rockets and 6 others like this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think it's impossible to predict the House right now. Ds have a narrow lead as it is and that was with Trump's anchor hurting Rs in very specific districts.

Seeing how those districts move without Trump on the ballot over the next couple of cycles is very very interesting to me.

Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Human being"?
    You seriously think he would survive the gom jabbar?

Deckard likes this.
  14. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Rs get the benefit of another round of redistricting. Redistricting alone will erase the Democratic majority given how slim it is. Dems have to regain a decent chunk of what it lost in 2020 to keep its majority. That is certainly doable but given how historically governing parities lose seats in the first midterm of the presidency, I'd probably give Rs the slight edge. But we live in a weird time politically, so past trends may not apply in 2022.

Andre0087, jiggyfly and mdrowe00 like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree his transformation has been the most jarring and makes me think he was just using McCain for the cred.

mdrowe00, Deckard and dobro1229 like this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Did they get rid of Trump yet?

17. NewRoxFan

Apparently it's getting repetitive hearing about how trump incited a deadly riot...

Astrodome likes this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah and in a way it actually makes Lindsay worse than Trump because at least Trump is open about his slander of an American Patriot and statesman. Graham proves every day that the friendship they had was solely for the purpose of political power and attention. He stood for none of the same values. I think that's why media folks who used to be Republicans spend so much time on Lindsay. They could talk about the absurdity of Matt Geaz or Gym Jordan, but they cannot resist to direct their ire at Graham time and time again.

Lindsay Graham is an American Disgrace, and resembles everything that people hate about politicians.

Andre0087, mdrowe00, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Imagine if it was Gym Jordan on the other side as a House Manager and the bar of guilty vs innocence of Joe Biden was whether or not Democrats really enjoyed his presentation.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

"If you don't find this a high crime and misdemeanor today you have set a new terrible standard for presidential misconduct in the United States of America." - Raskin

deb4rockets and Deckard like this.