1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

BLOW it UP already!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCKETrobert, Feb 10, 2021.

1. hakeemthagreat

I think having so many different pieces is part of us rebuilding. I also Stone's indirectly tanking by keeping Wall, Oladipo out every other game. This their plan. They wanna lose but don't want it to be obvious

Corrosion likes this.
  2. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Underrated educational post of the year.

darksoul35 likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Basically.
    This aint dynamite...this is a firecracker.

Rocket River

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

well, let’s fire the cracker!

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Kidding me? We suck! I also don't want Christian Wood out there unless his foot is 100%! He is actually in our future plans. The other guys... not so much!

luckyman76 and Rocket River like this.
  6. HROZ

HROZ Member

WE DON'T OWN OUR PICK.
    That is the headline.
    We also aren't going to suck enough to get one of the bottom 4 picks.

Get some guys who can play their positions
    An actual back up C & PG.
    Definitely don't risk Wood. But that 8/9 seed is gettable. Get in the play in. Hopefully vaccines are out. Get people to games again.

Win the playin get Utah first Rd. That should be the plan.

Then in the offseason trade everyone who isn't Wood Tate Nwaba for expirings young talent and draft picks.

7. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

luckyman76 and Richie_Rich like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

luckyman76 likes this.
  9. OpportunityCost

Trade 'em all!! And get rid of that lazy, detestable, ISO-heavy, unimaginative 5-out offense. I'm sick of it already. I do like the other times they run sets with flare screens and curls though, more of that, yes please.

10. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Along with the best defense in the league for four hours

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It's sad we don't play in the East.

Rockets 11-13 record in the West = 14 seed

Rockets 11-13 record in the East = 8 seed

lmao just pathetic by the NBA, balance the damn league already by accepting top 16 teams.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They draft Cade Cunningham, he makes the 2022 All Star team, pledges his future to the team, city, and state of Oklahoma, and in 2026 he demands a trade to the Lakers.

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

They probably look for desperation trades come deadline.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Got enough TNT?

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Stone would be dumb to use this method for tanking. This team has to lose at a much higher rate to even have a 50% chance at landing a top 4 pick.

16. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Have you been watching the Rockets lately? Trading the 5th spot in the West with Harden for the 14th spot with Dipo tells you that we can't suck enough? Oh yes, we can easily hit bottom when people don't see BS 6 game win streaks at the beginning of the season as anything more than false hope. At best this is a treadmill team that needs to get off the damn treadmill.

You trade and dump everyone you can now for whatever you get because they are expiring assets. Tucker, Exum, and Dipo are gone from this team in 3 months. Gordon needs to be gone too while we can and has value. We need to tank NOW and we can try and keep our pick over worthless wins because we need to tank for next year too and then we can reassess our world with two max slots, picks, and 2022 FA loaded. You don't take your time in tanking. You find the bottom as quickly as possible so you can begin building with the right pieces again that align your assets.

17. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Even with a championship caliber team our fearless owner found a way to screw it all up over LT savings. I really hope I am wrong but my confidence in him building a championship contender from the ground up is extremely low. He doesnt seem like the kind of guy that will step back and let the basketball people do their jobs.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Package Wall and 2 FRPs for Westbrook. Do it NOW!

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Reporting for duty.
    [​IMG]

20. sydmill

sydmill Member

Agree with much of this in principal. Agree that all the expiring deals need to be moved in the hopes of acquiring assets/young players. I would like to bottom out this season and then turn around next season with an intention to be as good as possible. I still doubt they make the playoffs but next year's draft looks even better potentially then this year's and with the Rockets not needing to be bottom 4 bad to keep their pick I'd rather next season be about figuring out what we have with Wood and Cunningham/Suggs/Kuminga/Green/whoever they'd pick with a high draft pick. They'd still have 3 picks in the '22 draft to move up if they wanted or just to add 3 additional contributors from the first round.