1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I was semi-rooting for the Nets, but Harden has been boring as hell to watch. Doesn't look like the same player. Maybe that's by design, but disappointing to see.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

shiiiii... did nash break hardon in brooklyn? the anthony needs to show him wassup.

3. Nook

Nook Member

No Harden overall is a solid perimeter defender. He is an excellent post defender. He does have difficulty with some of the quickest guards in the league but that usually isn’t an issue as they switch or he guards a shooting guard.

Harden and Durant are positive defenders for the Nets and are well rounded players. They are not the problem defensively for the Nets. The issue is inside and having a guard in Irving that doesn’t communicate or guard well at all.

When you have a really poor defender at point guard, a really poor defender at 4 and a center that is no longer an average defender, you will fail defensively.

The Nets also run out a line up of Irving, Harden and Harris. Typically Harris struggles defending 3’s so Harden is more on 3’s and that means the backcourt is Irving and Harris.

I don’t think Marks has the balls to do it, but he would be better off trading Irving for a couple players that are defensive minded and can play inside and defend at the guard spot.

The Nets have a decent sized injury exception, their full MLE and will be attractive to players bought out. They also will likely deal Landry Shalmet.

They really would be better off getting PJ Tucker from the Rockets for DeAndre Jordan and give the Rockets more draft swaps. The buyout market will have bigs and they can use the injury exception as well.

apollo33, jiggyfly, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

So boring man. Maybe because he isn't a Rockets player, so the points and assists aren't in Houston. Or maybe it's because Kyrie and KD aren't the most demonstrative ballers and Harden just adds to the collective staleness of personalities. man, I have never been so bored watching a team with 3 HOFers.

J Sizzle likes this.
  5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

LOL

6. riko

riko Member

Kyrie is mentally fragile and harden knows it.he is deferring to keep Kyrie happy

7. riko

riko Member

The only good thing about this trade is Fchowder has completely disappeared. His entire existence on this board was to come here and start a flamewar regarding his anti harden obsession.

It was downright creepy.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

?

What? Where the **** do you get these dumbass narratives? Checking my recent post history shows how skewed your perception is. Go outside dude. Stop thinking about me.

RKREBORN likes this.
  9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

James needs better teammates! He’s doing it all by himself! Maybe they can add Lebron and Giannis at the deadline.

10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

He got no help! He knows what to do.... trade Kyrie for Westbrook... lol!!

T for 3 likes this.
  11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Honestly Harden looks really slow out there, even when he tries hard, he's plodding like a baby elephant.

I think his defense has been fine, he actually has really good defensive instincts. He seems even slower than before, watching him trying to close out on a 3 point shooter looks like he's running in slow motion.

Maybe age is catching up to him, he still gets to the rim, but he doesn't elevate, and relies a ton on going into the defenders body to create that small amount of space to finish.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

not worried about Harden...people talking as if he lost a step, but he’s averaging 23, 8, and 11 in BK taking just 15 shots a game with an insanely low 25% usage

he’s taken less than 15 shots in 8 of his 13 games in BK

he could still average 30 if he wanted to, but somebody has to facilitate because Kyrie and KD aren’t gonna do it

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is what happens when you take off your fat suit. :D

14. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Harden does seem to be moving sluggish this year, deferring a ton, and is also taking way more floaters in not getting all the way to the rim.

But considering he was looking explosive in the bubble, I find it hard to believe he's lost a step over a couple months. He was out of shape and is still trying to work his way back...I would assume the Nets will be seeing a different Harden by the end of the regular season.

15. Nook

Nook Member

LOL LOL

16. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Ben Simmons would love those stats most nights.

That was Harden's worst game in quite some time. It won't happen very often. Besides, previously to that game, Harden had at least a double-double in every game but one.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if nets were in the west they wouldnt even be in the playoffs picture....
    7th seed in the west with the current record given the tougher opponents/schedule in the west this is reasonable to conclude

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lmao, this post is so dumb. The Nets are a league best 8-3 against teams above .500, so it’s reasonable to conclude that they’d take games more seriously if they were in the West facing more good teams. Stop being so delusional.

Mr Chuck Norris and YOLO like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

hakeem94 the same person who told me last year after the AD trade that the Lakers wouldn’t even make the playoffs...clueless

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The W/L record for teams above 500 and below 500 is incredible. I don't think I've ever seen a team not care so much. That's not what championship caliber teams do. Hopefully they figure it out.