1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Mitch, Frank and Dallas FRP.

Get it done RAF.

ROXTXIA likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Add another poor defender to THIS?

Insanity.

Trade for AG or Nance instead.

Rebuild team around young core of Wood, Porter, Tate and AG.

Trade Tucker for Thybulle or another FRP then go to war.

#2822 D-rock, Feb 10, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    saleem, jch1911 and Grizzlyshark like this.
  3. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Well that's not entirely fair I'd be adding him to a fully healthy team ideally.

To be fair I keep forgetting about KPJ beyond this year, and EG has shown he can still put up those numbers and productivity Wether he's starting or coming off the bench this year. So yeah.. I think I'm coming around to the AG>Lavine way of thinking for this team.

That outrageous trade I made still stands though, swapping out Lavine for Gordon and keeping picks. The crazy thing about that trade though, is its "successful" as far as the trade machine works and it saves us over $15m.

Tilman would be stoked haha

D-rock likes this.
  4. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Actually this saves 20m+ haha

https://tradenba.com/trades/08Qk6huP2

Happy to hold onto EG if he's playing like this.

Wall/Jones
    EG/Nwaba (could swap that around)
    Tate/Brown
    Gordon/Precious (who could swallow some of Boogies minutes at the 5)
    Wood/Boogie

Next year you still have Wall, EG, Tate, Gordon, Precious, Wood, KPJ and KMJ under contract, with the option to sign Jones to a multi year deal.

You save a ton of space too, and a healthy starting lineup (with only Wall sitting back to backs as opposed to Wall AND Dipo), that can make a playoff run.

ilias, sydmill and D-rock like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

I think Stone could get both with some creativity.

And I think both of their values are at their lowest right now.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like it.

Do Celtics like Iggy that much? @Boston84

And only want either KZ or Achiuwa, not both. Rather have Nunn for 3rd Heat player instead.

Or Mo Bamba.

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  7. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Haha I knew the Bamba thing would come up.

I would want Nunn too, however one of those guys is at the end of the bench and the other is getting meaningful minutes.. so I think Heat would give up KZ first. Though in saying that, they would be short on bigs.

Also with Iggy. Funny thing is I think the Nugs would value Iggy more and the Cs would value PJ more.. but the money just doesn't work. Since these are separate trades I'm sure something can be worked out though.

More to this. This starting line up may still need offense.

This is by no means an accurate representation but.. taking that starting lineups ppg career average and taking say.. 10% away due to touches and whatnot the numbers would look like..
    Wall - 17.28
    Gordon - 16.7
    Tate (based on this year) - 8.01
    AG - 12.42
    Wood (based on this year) - 20

Thats 74.41 points. We would still be relying on the bench to score 30+ points to remain competitive offensively.

Obviously this is all anecdotal, and not taking into account explosive games, and progression. But from an overview the offense would still be pretty bad :/

(Can you tell its a slow work day haha)

D-rock likes this.
  8. sydmill

sydmill Member

Boston84 wasnt in love with my proposed deal but at least he saw the value in what they were getting back in relation to what the were giving up. I think he values Williams more than most and, admittedly, its early to be giving up on Nesmith. But getting 2 defensive minded vets who can help against Brooklyn and Philly has to be worth quite a bit. Especially when they are on expiring deals so if it doesnt work everyone walks away free and clear.

Boston84 and D-rock like this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, Ainge likes to go in dry, then when finished takes money from your wallet for Uber and still complains he didn't get value.

Boston84, saleem, jch1911 and 2 others like this.
  10. rockets13champs

He has no value. He is an expiring who can opt into his contract.

saleem likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

We can agree to disagree then.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Wall and EG help us win, PJ and Dipo (at this time) do not. so that's who you move imo.

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  13. 18pbr

18pbr Member

AG might be the perfect fit with this trio.

D-rock, ROXTXIA and ipaman like this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Maybe. We do need a PF who's going to be here, at least 6'8", can shoot and D. I'd love even Bagley but don't know if Sacramento would be dumb enough to trade him.

That (a good PF) and another playmaker. When Wall sits we look like a YMCA pickup team. At best.

I guess we could've solved all this with the Philadelphia deal but unloading salary was obviously part of the plan.

Grizzlyshark, D-rock and 18pbr like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Simmons with Wood, Wall, EGo and Tate would have been lockdown on D.

But Silas and Stone preferred Dipo who is older, and may never be same after injury AND will cost more money than Ben Simmons next season.

Talk about incompetence.

CHAMPBOY, saleem and Little Bit like this.
  16. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Iggy would def bring a toughness and wing defense that’s needed but I’m not sure he provides the shooting and offense we desperately need besides Tatum and brown and kemba when he is on. We really need guys who can defend and create as well not sure iggy right now does all of those things,

D-rock likes this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It was all about saving money and staying under the LT. That's unlikely to change.

18. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I think most Celtics fans value Williams. It just that stevens doesn’t like the type of big who plays drop back into the paint defense. He likes bigs who switch and our versatile. If Williams played in a defense like Milwaukee’s or Indiana’s like turners he’d average like 3 blocks a game. Beyond that he’s athletic as hell and has a tremendous 2nd jump.

he’s def misused and in no way is he a star and some of the reasons he doesn’t play are self inflicted as he will be out of position but he’s a promising player and for a team who doesn’t have great bigs not sure I’d wanna deal him in THAT deal but in no way is he untouchable

D-rock likes this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Riley is another Angie. Dipo will have to explode in a good way for us to have any chance at getting assets out of Miami.

D-rock likes this.
  20. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Knicks are gonna make a push to get Dipo.

Obi or Barrett could be avaliable along with a Knox and Pistons pick. Seems Knicks wanna win at all cost.
    They may offer the best package. According to alot of peeps there not wanting to move there own 1st rounders. And they could also be in on Bmac