1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Janice McNair

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ferrari77, Feb 10, 2021.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I don't see much mentioned about her but she is technically the owner of the Texans not Cal.
    Kind of like the ladies- McCaskey and Ford with the Lions and Bears.

Is she under Easterbys powers as well? Did she fall prey to him like her son Cal?

She must have right? or is she just choosing to let Cal do what he wants as CEO? Add to that, has Cary McNair ever shown interest in the team? Because at this point the way the team is going they might as well have a whole "Dallas" (tv show) style battle over the team.

Does anyone know anything or has anyone read anything about Janice and Easterby? Or any interviews from Janice about the state of the Texans? Does Deshaun even talk to Janice?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. updawg

updawg Member

I think Cary runs the real family business.
    Moron cal got the Texans since it is pretty much impossible to f up a nfl franchise. But he is doing it.

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Texans got the Fredo of the McNair sons.

4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Deshaun Watson isn't speaking to any Texans' front office members or coaches, despite repeated attempts by the Texans to get in touch with him. He's simply not returning phone calls. The Texans front office is screwed up, no doubt, but Watson's behavior is also a part of the problem here. Going to be difficult to ever reconcile until Watson mans up and communicates like a professional.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Easter-B can sneak up and bite you when you least expect it.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. conquistador#11

Was she hawt way back in the day?

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Janice stepping in would be publicly neutering her son in front of the entire NFL and sports world. I for one would love to see this happen but doubt it will happen. Cary on the other hand needs to punch his brother right in the nuts and take over.

8. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

No; but if Texan fans want to cling to a scintilla of hope - that's it: "you can't fire the owner" - which is true - doesn't apply here: Cal can *absolutely* be fired. I am by no means suggesting he will be fired - but if Mama McNair wanted a different person to run the team, Cal would be out.

This *can* be fixed.

9. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I don't think we can realistically expect her to "fire" Cal and therefore subject him to even more laughter and ridicule than he has received to date.
    I think she would probably "burn the team down" before she would do that to her own son.
    That's a parent's love and I can understand that fully!

Now I could see her forcing Cal (behind the scenes) to fire or at least redefine Easterby's job titles and roles.

10. awc713

awc713 Member

LOL what? Unless it's specified in his contract, you can't call his lack of communication during the offseason as unprofessional. I'm not saying he couldn't be doing or handling things better...but the Texans are in the position because of themselves, not because of how Watson has or hasn't responded during the offseason. He is well within his rights to demand a trade and sit games until traded if that's what he wants to do. He doesn't owe this organization anything else. It's his body and his career after all. Why does Watson have to communicate with the organization during the offseason? Because it's professional sports league? No chance. Maybe call it unprofessional once the season starts, but even then, Watson is well within his rights to refuse to suit up.

Frankly, as a football (read: no longer Texans) fan, I would 100% support Watson if he opted to sit games until the Texans traded him. No reason to risk his career playing for this organization until they are willing to change and take accountability. The Texans, nor any team, will be there for him if and when Watson, or any player, suffers a career ending or altering injury. It's just business, and a dirty one at that. Watson knows his worth, and more importantly, he knows the Texans worth, and he's smart enough to not let the Texans mortgage his future, health, well-being, and career prospects. Once the offseason concludes, I think Watson's inaction at that point could be called unprofessional...but if he intends to sit games, I think everyone in the country outside of the bums at NRG can see it as a rational and wise long-term decision all things considered. He can afford to miss out of a few game checks. Every passing week will be one the Texans likewise can't afford to miss. They will need to extract as much value from Watson as possible.

11. SuraGotMadHops

She's kinda our last hope for setting things right with this franchise. Not the best analogy - but when the WWF wanted to bring back the Ultimate Warrior in the mid 90s, he hated, hated, HATED Vince McMahon. It was Vince's wife Linda that had a sit down with Warrior, without Vince present, and convinced him to rejoin the company.

ferrari77 and conquistador#11 like this.
  12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Well, he demanded a trade because he was unhappy, then he refused to state why he was unhappy. He wouldn't even extend the basic courtesy of returning several phone calls from the organization. Then he goes to social media to basically taunt the team with weird, cryptic messages. All after cashing a $27 million signing bonus. This is just basic manners we are talking about. I'd say he owes it to the Texans to communicate - at a bare minimum. How is that even debatable? It's about conducting yourself as a professional.

Want to be treated like a professional? Then start acting like one. The guy wants input on personnel decisions? When he's acting like this? And coming off leading the team to a 4-12 season? Sorry, but that's just absurd. Full stop.

Hank McDowell and raining threes like this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Fredo McTommyboy

14. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Janice is 84 years old. There might not be a whole lot going on there.

15. awc713

awc713 Member

“oh cal boy how’s our church team coming along?”

16. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

More or less.

updawg and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. raining threes

I hope he sits out this year and it costs him almost 11 million and next yr that will cost him almost 40 million. That would impress me that he's a man of conviction rather than what I think he's being now, a child that for the first time in his life was told no. EB hiring

18. updawg

updawg Member

ok TJ

19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ya I’m just not holding out hope that Janice is gonna fire her own son, not on a stage this big. Honestly, think our best hope right now is Caserio not being a complete drone. Assuming the guy wants to be successful, I can foresee free agency being a big wake up call to him. If Easterby is a non-starter for free agents and their reps, things will get real for him quick. These guys are in fantasy land right now.

ferrari77 and Hey Now! like this.
  20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Well... she doesn't have to "fire" him. She "promotes" him somewhere within the organization, installs XYZ to run the franchise and... it's done.

Watson very obviously knows this is possible, which is why he's (reportedly) targeting McNair.

ferrari77 likes this.