1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jamie Rootes resigns

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Feb 10, 2021.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Link? Not that I don't believe you but pretty much every major news medium credits Korn Ferry for the marriage so interested in seeing it.

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

They still went through the due process and used KF, and Carroll was among the recommendations.

There are multiple sources that states that.

3. Sooty

4. Sooty

Heck, my 4 year old niece could do that.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

I find the whole Korn - Ferry search firm for coaches/front office bizarre. They essentially compile a list any serious fan could.

I did find it odd that Caserio wasn’t on their list though.

mikol13 and Sooty like this.
  6. Nimo

Nimo Member

Buuuuut can she preach sermons with jokes about Texans and belt buckles?

I didnt think so.

Sooty likes this.
  7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Everybody knows the names. Where they earn their money is probably A) finding extra dirt and B) making billionaires feel good about their decisions since they are getting charged so much for the service.

jiggyfly and Nook like this.
  8. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I would guess.... just a guess - Cal probably had designs of going a different way, marginalizing Easterby and bringing in a fresh perspective. And then once KF left the building, Easterby crip-walked over to McNair and reminded him of all the prayin' and Jesus'in' and Cal fell back into Stockholm syndrome and sided with Easterby.

All a guess - but....... I feel pretty good about its veracity.

9. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Well she probably can't do much worse than the Cal-bunny combo has done.

My homeristic wish about Deshaun aside, the point I was trying to make is that I think Mahomes had much more impact than AR did on the chefs winning their 'chip.
    There's not one single thing I can point to with extreme confidence to say I trust KF recommendations.

But once Cal made the decision to go with them he should have stuck with it!

Sooty likes this.
  10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You have a culture issue that we can piece together stems from Cal and Easterby. Jack clearly worked with O’Brien as GM on roster decisions and some how maintained his job despite destroying the roster. He has no defined position and no previous skills related to anything in the realm of football. He’s been called out by an ex player who barely says anything.

Easterby is probably a scapegoat for more than he deserves, but the team needed an entire change in culture and he is one of the faces of the previous regime. He more than earned his way out with BOB and Cal kept him around anyways. It’s disingenuous and everyone can see right through it.

conquistador#11 and Sooty like this.
  11. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I don't think I agree.
    If Easterby made a connection with Cal on spiritual grounds the foundation would have been laid long before then.

I think maybe Easterby couldn't think of a good excuse to get Cal NOT to use KF search team and hoped Caserio would at least be on the list.
    When he wasn't Easterby just took a "swing for the fences" since he would most likely be on borrowed time anyway and it worked.
    That's the only thing I can think of to explain why Cal would agree to KF initially and then reject them later.

I think Momma McNair may be on to this but wants to protect her sons name/reputation as best as she can so she hasn't stepped in as of yet.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

13. justtxyank

For reference

Jason licht fired Dirk Koetter on 12/30/18. Arians did an interview the next day making himself a candidate for the job after previously saying he would only take Browns job. He had a relationship with Licht.

14. justtxyank

or alternatively, Cal hired KF and then hired the guy he always was going to hire just like the Seahawks did with Carroll

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So... either Cal is some secret mastermind that knows how to manipulate the press/fans into thinking he's going one direction, only when he's going to go the other direction all along, and all the extra talk of committees/search firms/input from players etc. is some sort of ruse to throw everybody off the scent...

Or he's an idiot that is easily swayed and changes his mind constantly and actually has no clue about running anything, let alone a professional multi-billion dollar football team.

All the above examples you mentioned feature owners who probably know what they're doing. That's where making this argument is so flawed. It implies these guys know what they're doing... I'm also pretty sure you've already said they're unqualified and don't likely know what they're doing.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Bruce Arians probably would have been fired if he didn't get brady and went 7-9 again.

JayZ750 likes this.
  17. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Then the reports that Easterby convinced Cal at the end to get Caserio would be erroneous if he planned on hiring him all along.
    Also Cal doesn't strike me as the kind to make decisions "against the grain" on his own.

I think it's Easterby pulling the strings of Cal on the hire but I guess it's hard to be 100% sure piecing the bits of info we have.
    But I think it's much more likely that Cal is the "easily swayed introvert" he seems to be rather than an "I'll do whatever the @#$% I want" owner.

I could be wrong though.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you think that those coaches and those organizations would just be ok for them taking "credit".

How does that work?

So nobody has ever called them liars?

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who decided to pick Mahomes much earlier than anybody had him being picked?

Who decided to turn over the rains to him a year earlier than anybody thought was prudent when the other QB was a winning one?

If Reid had not been the coach none of that would have happened.

20. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Rootes signing with the Eagles next week confirmed.

mikol13 and J.R. like this.