1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Jan 28, 2021.

?

Which trade package do you like best?

1. NYJ

60 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. MIA

30 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. JAX

24 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Other (state your preference in a post)

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

None of the trade proposals bring back equal value, that's true. The problem is that O'Brien has this thing so jacked up, that you can't fix it while keeping Watson, either. Even if you could convince him to stay, when his contract is up, he will look back at the years and think "what a waste," and end up leaving via free agency or trade anyway.

I think the likelihood of convincing him to stay is next to zero, and from the way the Texans are operating, they think so, too. Might as well trade him now while he's coming off an MVP caliber season, try to get as many picks as possible from JAX, NYJ or MIA and get this thing behind us as soon as possible. All this stuff about him not being available in trade is just to drive the price up. They would be crazy to take an offer now unless someone came with a Ricky Williams/Herschel Walker offer. I actually trust Caserio to draft well and be a good GM. Not sure how involved with the cap stuff he was, but that's more of an issue for later.

While you aren't going to get proper value for Watson, I certainly believe the right move is to trade him (as long as they set a proper floor for trade proposals and don't accept anything below that).

No. See above. That is the type of "win now" move BOB would make that digs us a deeper hole.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  2. edwardc

edwardc Member

I can see your point but if one is traded you might as well trade JJ too cause as he has stated he doesn't want to be apart of a rebuild. And i think it's time we stop blame BOB for all of these problem he didn't do all this by himself Cal and Jack have both played major rolls in destroying this team.

raining threes and Verbal Christ like this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Z. Wilson is blowing up on boards and media. People are recognizing the potential. Only way we are getting him is through the Jets pick.

raining threes, Sooty and theDude like this.
  4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

10000000000 times yes - if Watson demands a trade; if the relationship is irrevocably broken, and the Seahawks call - you listen. Wilson wouldn't jump massive draft hauls from the Jets or Dolphins - but I'd put him ahead of the Bears or other late teens/early 20s picks. It's likely Miami's future picks would lose value as I assume - with Watson - they'll win 9, 10+ games. Bears, too. But Chicago doesn't have any current to picks.

The Texans essentially need to focus on the Jets and keep Miami, at least, in the fold to drive up the price.

Htown Legend and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. theDude

Supporting Member

6. theDude

Supporting Member

All of the blame doesn’t go on O’Brien because Cal put him in positions he wasn’t qualified for, and didn’t really have time to do. But O’Brien did have the title of GM and if he didn’t want to extend players or trade them away, he should have said so and stood his ground.

It doesn’t really matter who you point a finger at. They are in a bad situation that requires a rebuild. If that means trading JJ, then you have to find a good spot for him and get the best return you can.

raining threes likes this.
  7. edwardc

edwardc Member

True so true just hate to lose out on those as some would say a once in a life time talent all because of the dysfunction of the front office and ownership.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

How about disgruntled DeShaun for disgruntled Russell Wilson?

The Texans walk away from this debacle with one of the best half-dozen QBs in the league, a proven winner with a Super Bowl ring.

Seahawks get a QB with more current upside than Wilson.

Both fan bases are saved from complete disaster.

9. Jay713

Jay713 Member

You’ve got to be joking.

10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I do not follow college football. But if they *have* to trade Watson.........

Talk me into - or off of - favoring Tua +3 + 26 + etc.

Is Tua viable? He's not Deshaun Watson, fine. But can he be... pretty good and we build a great team around him?

11. theDude

Supporting Member

I would really rather we got a different young player from them and we draft Zach Wilson.

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. ktex

ktex Member

I am in agreement here. I just don't think Easterby will draft a Mormon.

Verbal Christ and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. theDude

Supporting Member

I think people are confusing Mormons with Scientologists. In fact, it would probably help him more than someone who simply checks the “Christian” box on their census form once every 10 years.

14. conquistador#11

we don't need RiRi, Bae or whatever she calls herself roaming the locker room.
    You've seen those dances?
    [​IMG]
    That's the same look Eve gave Adam, that's funny right there.

Htown Legend and topfive like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

John McClain, who has covered the Texans for close to five decades, said Wednesday that if Houston trades Deshaun Watson this offseason, it'll be to only one team.

"If they traded him, it would be [to] the Jets," McClain said in an interview with SportsRadio 610 in Houston.

McClain went on to explain that Houston isn't reaching out to other teams regarding a possible trade for their star quarterback. Plus, the organization isn't making Watson available in those conversations when other franchises have inquired over the last several weeks.

"Doesn’t mean they won’t do it eventually, but I guarantee you if they did it, [it] would not be for Carson Wentz and the Eagles,” McClain said.

The veteran reporter recently revealed that he expects Houston's asking price for Watson to be two first-round picks, two additional draft selections and a pair of "young defensive starters, at the least."

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

2, 23, 66, 87, Quinnen Williams, and a future first might get them in the conversation, but I’m not sure that would be enough. Throw in Becton and I’m sold...

#356 Hank McDowell, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. Nimo

Nimo Member

18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I can't go through all 18 pages of this thread so apologies for that but has this been mentioned

SF would be a great trade partner but two things

1. Jimmy FRIGGING G has a No Trade Clause???? Specifically for this off-season as well. Was that widely known? Has that been discussed already? Because even if Lynch puts together a great trade package, Jimmy could just say nope, i'm staying.

2. Does anyone know or has anyone read anything about Jacky boys relationship with Jimmy G? Did he like him when they were in New England? I wonder about that because I don't get the feeling Jimmy is some "strong" Christian in the Easterby and Cal mould of how they want to shape the team. Wasn't Jimmy rocking with a p*rn star a couple of seasons ago?

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jimmy G is a "super" Christian plus he has a good relationship with Easterby. This article should bring you warm fuzzies (hidden behind a paywall but someone may be able to hack the link)

https://www.bostonherald.com/2016/0...olo-patriots-embrace-jack-easterbys-guidance/

ferrari77 likes this.
  20. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Add a couple 1sts & 2nds on top of Wilson. Best QB the Texans could get back. Saves a need to use a first on a QB.