1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jamie Rootes resigns

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Feb 10, 2021.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah. Texans were the best organization in football until Jack Easterby took over 6 months ago. Now we're going to be a mediocre franchise for sure. SMH

Fyreball and Roc Paint like this.
  2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

The Texans have always conducted their business quite well. They know what they're doing on that side and have made terrific partners in the community. They don't just take money; they work with their partners to return value. I managed a sponsorship and created a sponsorship with them - trust me, what these media people are reacting to is how they handled themselves in the business and media circles. When I was doing it, they were LIGHT YEARS ahead of the Astros, who didn't understand anything other than "write me a check and our name will elevate you." And this is when they were losing 100 games every year.

msn, HillBoy, joshuaao and 8 others like this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

Texans aside Rootes is a big time soccer fan and brought a lot of great soccer events to nrg, hopefully the next guy in that seat will continue that.

#23 Fantasma Negro, Feb 10, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes, I know they did things well on the business side, I just...I just can't work up outrage. This is all likely to be a total failure and I hate that they have a weirdo preacher idiot involved, but if you had told a year ago or two years ago that I could take Door A: All the same people or Door B: a complete organization overhaul with literally a complete clean out including the business side, I would have taken Door B without knowing anything about replacements.

T for 3, JayZ750 and Fyreball like this.
  5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

No, I don't think you would've because you're leaving out one key component: this is not a "complete organization overhaul with literally a complete clean out including the business side" - door B is being conducted by a BOB disciple who won a power struggle. There's no way you're signing up for that.,,,

Sooty likes this.
  6. havoc1

havoc1 Member

You really don't understand the difference between the Texans before the Obrien/Easterby GM fiasco and since? The Texans were never a great franchise but they were at least respectable.

And you keep insinuating that people are saying that the Texans were once a great organization and now aren't because of Easterby. I don't think anyone thinks the Texans were ever a great organization but they weren't an absolute dumpster fire like they are now.

Just because the Texans weren't a great organization doesn't mean that there weren't great people in that organization. And from media members who knew these people and other people around the league, it seems like the Texans are getting rid of a lot of these people recently.

In my opinion, the Texans problems from the time of the end of the Kubiak/Smith era to the Brian Gaine firing was that they didn't have a GM/Head Coach that were good enough to win at a high level. I don't fault them for that per-se because many organizations have the same problem. Those were normal organizational problems, and although the Texans weren't a great organization, many of the people that worked for them could have been good at their jobs and certainly didn't seem like the overwhelming problem.

Then Obrien became GM and made terrible decisions with the help of Easterby. Everyone agrees that the Obrien GM time period was terrible for the franchise and set it back. Well, instead of trying to fix the problem, the Texans doubled down on it by seemingly giving Easterby more power, and now the Easterby/Caserio regime is firing people that didn't seem to be the problem in the first place. So people are naturally skeptical of any firing or resignation that happens now since they don't trust the people at the top.

I don't see what your point is in continuing to point out that the Texans were never a great organization so people being fired should be expected. Unless your reasoning is that we should trust Easterby/Caserio and that firing the equipment managers and causing the Team President to resign will somehow solve the problems in the organization.

HillBoy, Sooty, gatsby and 2 others like this.
  7. conquistador#11

ignorant sluts!

RunninRaven likes this.
  8. Major

Major Member

But we didn't get either of those options. You got Door C, which is "keep only the people the weirdo preacher likes and wants to keep and get rid of everyone else". Instead of throwing the baby out with the bathwater, they are just throwing the baby out and keeping the bathwater.

Shroopy2, lnchan, vinsensual and 9 others like this.
  9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I am not a fan of Jamey Rootes but holy **** this organization is a mushroom cloud of diarrhea

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Pringles

Pringles Member

The search committee that also included Andre Johnson. The audacity that Cal McNair has to disrespect a former Texans and an long-time employee who his father considered like a son is ridiculous.

Kim, gatsby, BMoney and 1 other person like this.
  12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Heard Joel Osteen or Kerry Shook were favorites for this position

macho87, Fyreball, Nook and 4 others like this.
  13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

They're throwing out the baby, keeping the bathwater, and taking a volcanic **** into the tub.

Ottomaton, Kim, Nook and 2 others like this.
  14. conquistador#11

This and some still continue to miss the point.
    Only a matter of time until they reverse things Root has done. How about no tailgating that way you can catch the last mass service better yet catch an easterby gospel on the loudspeakers.

Kim, Sooty and gatsby like this.
  15. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Rooting for this organization to fail completely might be more fruitful than rooting in vain 20 years for them to finally succeed

IBTL, Ottomaton, Pringles and 3 others like this.
  16. conquistador#11

It's tough. I never want to cheer against the greatest city on earth but these people are just clueless. They're doing all this for themselves.

Sooty and Pringles like this.
  17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The Texans are not Houston. Decouple that and begin your life anew.

arkoe, macho87, Fyreball and 8 others like this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

19. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

One down, four to go. The Texans now need to rid themselves of Easterby, McNair, McClain, and Vandermeer.

Pringles likes this.
  20. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

I want join the people in the greatest city on earth in cheering against these evangelical usurpers. Its the only way we'll be able to get rid of them.

And it's also the only way we'll "enjoy" what is about to happen over the next few years

conquistador#11 likes this.