1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 2/9/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 9, 2021.

1. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

facts. Guy was content on losing in washington for the rest of his career until his feelings got hurt when he found out they wanted to trade him

Oladipo is garbage too. Begging opposing teams to let him in

D-rock, Zboy, riko and 2 others like this.
  2. OpportunityCost

Is Wall tradable, or is his contract too outrageous for a contender to take on?

I am just ready to get rid of everyone at this point except for promising young players.

D-rock and vick like this.
  3. OpportunityCost

Please don't bring back C. Wood too soon. He's a big part of our future. No need to rush him back.

D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

missed the game. did we win?

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That sucked.

TimDuncanDonaut, Jontro and DeBeards like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We won a grand prize for consolation.

And a voucher for a pricey tank.

Jontro likes this.
  7. markiboy

markiboy Member

What I hate is resting Wall/Oladipo on separate nights plus PJ tucker sucks. He is not a starter anymore

8. fattz

fattz Member

We have enjoyed the art of deceptive practices as we are mislead into thinking we chance of winning all the while trying to get close enough to the bottom so the league will reward behind the magic curtain on lottery day with our pick. The league was gifted a New York team in the finals which will make them a ton of money. So if they probably kick us back our pick by letting us pick 3rd. It’s not like the league is corrupt or anything. The talking heads are saying nice things now, too. The long term fix is in the works. I am going to enjoy the process.

D-rock likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-rock likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-rock likes this.
  11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Just finished watching. It was a brutal loss..

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Jaxson Hayes? 8th pick of the draft. Won’t come cheap. They will want at least a first back.....early first.

Same thing with Bamba. 6th pick of the draft. Orlando is kinda crazy......Bamba has played 9 games, averaged 6.6 minutes. So they don’t want him? He doesn’t fit their scheme? He is a bust? But he is a PER of 34 in that short stint.
    They know this and will want a fortune in return. At least a first and probably a second because his salary nets back
    little in return. Teams just don’t trust 7 minutes of play......they fear damaged goods or something.

The need to hurry and get something now can cloud ones judgement. Face the facts. Rockets are not in win now mode. It’s take a huge step back from Harden to move hopefully big strides next season.
    Centers are shooting 3’s out of high school now. Going up the college ranks shooting 3’s. We can
    possibly move up in the draft by packaging all of the picks we get or a couple of picks from the
    expiring contracts of Exum, Tucker, McLemore, Nwaba, Sterling Brown, Cousins, Oladipo.......throw
    in House.......and get our own Jaxson or Bamba.

Recent mock draft made last week had us drafting 18th.......but we are sinking like a rock since. Guessing it is determined by all those teams in the scenario that determine where we draft. I had us getting
    Charles Bassey at around number 25 as we move back, now we might get better. Basset has the body of an Eddie Curry-Elton Brand type, but can move well and shoot from 3-point land. He sets a screen and seals his opponents well. Silas type player that can cut to the basket or pop out.

#932 ApacheWarrior, Feb 10, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    saleem likes this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Wall was a minus 15 for the game, Eric Gordon was a minus 40. So I’m not so sure we should put all of that
    on John Wall, but ok.

D-rock likes this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

john wall wanting to b the franchise player but cant lead crap.

D-rock likes this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I watched the game, Rockets made a run while Zion was mostly on the bench. He came back and was abusing everyone
    in the switch everything defense: Tucker, Tate, Nwaba, Wall, Sterling, House, Eric Gordon, etc.

Zion didn’t score all the points but he opened up everything for his teammates. Saw a player cheating off Ingram, bam
    pass to Ingram with enough space to nail the 3. And so on and so on.

Wall can wish anything he wants, but we all know it’s Wood’s team. Face of franchise can also mean big in the
    community and so forth. He was that in Washington.

I was watching Eric Gordon and asking, how do people think this guy plays good defense? Look and the box
    score and see -40......and I say to myself, “Wow, just Wow.”

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree that combining our players and picks can get our own Jaxson or Bamba. The relatively poor or limited performances of these high picks should in theory drop their trade value, but you're correct, the youngsters are highly valued by our opponents. This board is fascinating because of so many great ideas and thoughts including yours, my great friend.

D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

It was close bro! We'll get them next time!

Onwards and upwards to that 8th playoff spot!

Jontro, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

it was ok... its a learning experience... all great teams need games like this... in silas i trust ...this team has a dream potential

ashleyem likes this.
  19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I was just looking in the mock draft at Centers in the 20’s.

Rockets might be able to trade a future 1st plus whatever 1st we end up with plus a couple 2nds to move up to 8 or 10th. I will study the centers near 8th thru 12th.

Who knows what draft picks each will bring:
    Oladipo
    Tucker
    Nwaba
    Sterling Brown
    Cousins
    McLemore
    House

Each probably brings 2nd rounders, but maybe if packaged together plus take back an expiring bad contract like
    Fournier.......we can flip some players for another 1st.

saleem likes this.
  20. DJ

DJ Member

Oladipo and House will definitely will bring FRPs. I wouldn't want to trade Nwaba nor Brown for a SRP. I don't think that would be a good return for those two