1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Jan 28, 2021.

?

Which trade package do you like best?

1. NYJ

60 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. MIA

30 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. JAX

24 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Other (state your preference in a post)

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is he going to pass the proverbial "purity test?"

2. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Things Jack Easterby will trade Deshaun Watson for:

Deacon Jones
    Jesus Shuttlesworth
    Jars of Clay box set
    Guest appearance on God Friended Me

Marteen and Sooty like this.
  3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Note to Caserio: Shop Watson before the full frenzy begins and teams start going for cheaper options (#Carr, #Wentz, #Gararapolololo, etc.).

3Rings, whag00 and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. ktex

ktex Member

If i had any inkling that we could competently draft correctly, I'd say fvck it, let's end this and trade with the Jets. I just think they are so stupid, they wont take Wilson, and will fvck up all the other picks too. We are so screwed.

edwardc and conquistador#11 like this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’m honestly at the same mindset. Really afraid they would mess the draft up.

edwardc likes this.
  7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I think it’s more likely they take back a ridiculous contract and lesser player like Wentz or Carr than do a full reset IMO.

primtim24, Fiah, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!

We get to watch Darnold do his best imitation of a crash test dummy for a year while altar boy Zach Wilson completes his year of catechism from the bench and then there will be a 20% chance (if that) he becomes anything close to what Watson is today! Awesome!

Next years 2-14 season will be the most fun 2-14 season any fanbase ever had! Yee Haw!

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  9. ktex

ktex Member

I'd be in for Wilson but he's a Mormon. No way in hell Easterby will draft him. It's just so insane!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fiah and Verbal Christ like this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

They are proselytizing anyway - they would see it as a challenge and well he might be "halfway" right in their eyes - sure beats a Muslim obvioulsy (which ironically just so happens to be another Abrahamic religion - except without all the sci fi involved).

Maybe they can convince McCown to be the QB next year! LOL

Fiah and Two Sandwiches like this.
  11. ktex

ktex Member

What's really crazy is that scenario is really not that farfetched with these clowns.

3Rings and Verbal Christ like this.
  12. conquistador#11

The only way out of this, if you're Mcnair, always starts with ridding yourself of the malignant disease . Only then can you truly rebuild.

Once you've done that you can try to amend what you arrogantly broke with Watson or counterstrike Watson's agent before he goes full blast.

Scenario A. get rid of easterby, resign Fuller and apologize. If Watson still doesn't answer the phone, show up at his place. If he calls the cops, then the message is clear and Watson wants nothing to do with your craziness. Can you blame him? no. However, You still have a nice receiving core and Tackles for the next QB. Once the message is clear that Deshaun wants nothing to do with your crazy azz, you call Jacksonville and offer Watson for the no.1 pick. You have to shoot your shot. Maybe pay some doctors to say Sunshine's surgery will be more serious than originally thought.

Jacksonville wants Sunshine at all costs. Now you move to scenario B:
    Trade with the Jets. Four number 1s and a 2nd rounder plus Darnold. Flip Darnold for a late 1st rounder. Now you have five first rounders! Sounds good until names are attached. The best Front offices barely hit .400 on their first round picks. You move on to Scenario c.
    [​IMG]

Scenario C: Remember those Jaguars that said get lost? Call them back, 100 times if you need to. Offer 3 of your first rounders for that number 1 pick. Can you tell I really want sunshine? Jacksonville is annoyed and threatens to give you one of those restraining thingies. They still say no. You're forced to Scenario D but it's not that bad.
    [​IMG]

Scenario D: Trade the no.2 pick to another team desperate for a qb like the Panthers and get an extra 2nd rounder plus a 3rd rounder, similar to what the 493rs did in 2017. The Falcons flip out because their guy might be gone . You now pick 8th and go with Trey Lance.

Scenario E: Stay with the number two pick eat a hamburger and draft Wilson and still have an ish load of firsts.

----------------------

Drunk dial Rick Smith behind Caserio's back and get him to make all first round selections nothing else. Rick Smith has to pick up. A godfather is a big responsibility.

That's how I would handle things if my name was Kyle Mcnair. And this better get done before draft day otherwise, Deshaun knows all the dirty laundry. Can't win a stand off with him. He's not the type to air it out but his agent will do so with a smile on his face.

Everything will be a failure if the main step isn't taken. For a competent organization 'the rebuild' would be fun, even when trading a once in every 20 years talent like Deshaun. Pathetic!

13. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

This is a legitimate going concern... They almost certainly want time to try & work it out; understandable. The priority should be keeping Watson.

But if they can't bring him back... they have to move quickly. You have a situation in which two divisional opponents - with rich draft capital - could get into a bidding war that 1) won't exist after the draft; 2) may not resurface next season. And you potentially have a third team who's GM overpaid to not-draft Watson four years ago and might jump into that bidding war, too. And Watson, if he does sit out, is exponentially more expensive next season and, thus, even harder to move.

Not taking advantage of that because you can't get your **** together - or, worse, your entire organization is drowning in denial - is a worst-case scenario *if* the Watson relationship is permanently broken. And yes, Watson needs to come to the table. Enough of this no-callback bullshit. Take their calls and tell them a) I'll come back if you meet these demands; or b) there is literally nothing you can do to make me want to play for you. But that conversation has to happen. No more cryptic rap lyrics on Twitter. If he keeps that **** up, sit on him indefinitely and let his prime years rot.

Jesus christ, what a cluster****.

14. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watson is great, but it's always confusing when I see statements like that, yet every article I read has him listed as a Top 5 QB in the league. You are either a "once in a generation" QB or you're top 5. You can't be both.

https://justblogbaby.com/2021/02/04/counterargument-watson-raiders/

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2021/01/28/cleveland-browns-deshaun-watson-7/

https://clutchpoints.com/realistic-trade-package-the-patriots-must-offer-for-deshaun-watson/

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/wh...e-means-for-deshaun-watson-trade-01excdcfxfrq

15. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Caserio is in the driver's seat and needs to drive. Go knock on Watson's door until he answers and ask him your A, B, etc. Firing support staff should be the last area of concern in this environment, Priority #1 is figure out what the hell you're going to do with your star QB.

16. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it’s pretty clear they are going to trade him, no matter what is being said from the phone calls coming in. No reason to do it until right before the draft, though. May as well get this other stuff out of the way.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

There is no trade for Deshawn that would make sense to me i as many here don't want to see him leave but the front office will do something else to *uck this aswell and screw up the draft picks if they do trade him.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  18. steveng125

steveng125 Member

A deal centered around Russell Wilson would y’all do that trade for Watson?

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn’t want to personally.
    The value may be there but we’d be in the same situation, high priced upper echelon QB on a complete rebuild team. And he’s older.
    I think if you trade Watson it has to be for picks and young cheap talent.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Absolutely not. The windows for team vs. player don't line up at all, not to mention they probably view Wilson as about as equal a player to Watson as you can get (age notwithstanding). Good luck getting anything other than maybe one or two non-FRPs out of Seattle. As it stands, if the Texans aren't getting back AT LEAST 5-6 starters (between picks and players) for Deshaun, they are getting reamed.

cmoak1982 likes this.