1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Head scratching coaching by Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Feb 8, 2021.

1. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yes
    Like play pj off the bench and House too. Limit Oladipo minutes if he isn’t even trying to play the system. He is just isolating and jacking 3s.

he needs to stop giving those who aren’t trying or giving much so many minutes.

it’s better to give Mason Jones more minutes over Victor. Take away some minutes from pj and give more to Ben. Before tonight pj was avrg 30 plus minutes. Giving only 5ppg that’s inexcusable. Oh and his defense has been subpar.

maybe because pj is a vet and has been here the longest he is giving him preference over Ben. Maybe because PJ is owned to be a good defender. But pj isnt even playing good defense. We mock Eric for his facial expressions and gestures but pj complains all the time even when he clearly commits silly or unnecessary fouls.

2. pass_to_Hakeem

Ok
    Oladipo been cold for a week or more .... why are Gordon and Wall out? They trying to tank??

Plus what you said on the rotation smh

3. pass_to_Hakeem

Agreed

4. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Silas is great. You guys are nuts.

5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

OP just explained who else he has. Made good points.

ashleyem likes this.
  6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Rotations look like a weak point for Silas.

There's been numerous times where his rotations have left a lot to be desired.

Here's hoping it's something he eventually realises and learns from.

Although being an assistant for so long I wouldn't expect him to be this bad in this regard.

#46 Downtown Sniper, Feb 9, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    Patience, D-rock and saleem like this.
  7. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I'm not a fan of Silas' load management bullshit. Let the players ****ing play.

Patience, D-rock, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  8. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

GOT EM. ZAKHEM.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is it Silas’ decision to rest starters, or is it the training staff? Why do people keep putting that on Silas?

Patience likes this.
  10. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

We needed cousins out there in the 4th quarter.

Might as well bring back G-Green now.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No Wall, no Gordon and no Wood. A shattering defeat against a relatively weak basketball team.

#51 saleem, Feb 9, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  12. jdjd

jdjd Member

It's not all about winning right now, it's about treading water until after the all star break.

At this point in the season you don't want to get too lost in the standings, but Silas is experienced enough to know you rest players early in the season so you have healthy guys down the stretch when it REALLY matters.

13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Tucker is done.....that happens when you’re 36 years old and not named LeBron. Hate to say it, but he should flat out be released or traded for a late second rounder from a contender. He has no business on this rebuilding team.

hakeem94 and ashleyem like this.
  14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Really matters??? We’re gonna be 10-20 by the all star break and outta contention.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

When the assists aren't crap. The deadline is in a few weeks though.

16. Chamillionaire

So instead of PJ and House, had we given more minutes to Brown, Nwaba and Tate, we would have won? Instead of Oladipo, play Mason and we would have won? We lost because we didn't have our top 3 players. Not because PJ and House started.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Rookie mistakes happen to coaches too. I kinda like the guy .. dont know why but I do!

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  18. MettaWorldPete

I don’t think anybody is saying we would have necessary won with a different rotation, but scoring one point in eight minutes and seven points total in the quarter probably was avoidable. At some point you have to switch it up just to see if someone can provide a random spark.

I didn’t expect a win but the fourth quarter coaching was pretty bizarre in my opinion.

ashleyem, Chamillionaire and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

"Bizarre" is being nice.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

not sure why Nwaba played so much when he was cold. Ben should’ve been put in there at some point but sat out most 2nd half. Coaches go with their bread and butter and for him it’s Nwaba’s and Tate’s defense. He’s thinking defense jump starts offense and transition play etc. I can’t blame him but I don’t get why Ben had the hot hand and he’d sit him for such a long stretch. That lineup was odd I agree. Cousins sat out much of second half as well. Mason Jones is turning out to be a dud in my opinion. Really doesn’t have the handles or quickness to blow past opponents or execute one on one move.