1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Head scratching coaching by Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Feb 8, 2021.

1. vick

vick Member

Blow it up. Trade Tucker, House, Oladipo, Cousins, Gordon, McLemore, Wall, and Exum. This teams best players can not play back to back games. At the best this team is Fools Gold. Take back picks and expiring contracts, for this rag tag team.

chadyang and Le$$ like this.
  2. Mr. Space City

there was no lineup that was gonna make you win that game tonight.

JayGoogle likes this.
  3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Rockets must be going into tank mode since Wood is hurt.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Do they have a choice?

I don't think we can win consistently without him
    D*mn sure cannot with him Ego and Wood out . . ..

Rocket River

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Silas = Rommel

With the hand he's been dealt.....

6. conquistador#11

I would just sit the whole team out against teams they have no shot against, like the 76ers instead of the back to back scenario. I saw M-A-dollar sign-E, drive 3 times and kickout for 2 assists. He can do it. Start with a pg or f'ing trade for one. The Hornets probably put that chip on their shoulder before the game, "So they think they can sit everyone against us and beat us? F' no!"

Rocket River and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  7. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i don't know why jones didn't play more. watching brown jack up bricks, nwaba and bmac going on TO sprees... dissapointing.

Jones - Dipo - House - Tate - Cousins would have been my lineup.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  8. DLT

DLT Member

Because Silas wanted Dipo and he's trying everything to get him going but it's backfiring

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Despite being an NBA coach for 20 years, he just can't see the game the way @ashleyem can!

jiggyfly, Dankstronaut and robbie380 like this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The lineup was weird the entire game.

Bo6 and conquistador#11 like this.
  11. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

The Rockets could not score at all in the 4th quarter and he never changed the lineup until garbage time. I’ve never seen anything like that.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  12. MC31B

MC31B Member

That has been the plan since the harden trade

saleem likes this.
  13. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Check out OP's threads during the Melo saga and you'll see just that.

topfive and ipaman like this.
  14. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

We are clearly in tank mode. We are doubling down on defense and let Dipo get going so he can get a good trade value - not sure it's actually working out.

15. OpportunityCost

Yeah, I say don't rush C. Wood back. Let him heal and rehab. Would like to see KPJ, but he might give them a shot to win so maybe they'll keep him down in the Valley.

D-rock likes this.
  16. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

We short on PGs and Cs. Only time will tell if we still without any backups whether Mr. Stone was planning on tanking all along.

D-rock and pass_to_Hakeem like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

If they are “tanking now”, they are incredibly stupid because they should have started 3-4 weeks ago. At this point we are likely to lose our draft pick because there are too many teams below us.

18. Chamillionaire

I'm sure you have a better idea of the intricacies of an NBA offense than Silas does.

Chances are we would have lost no matter who we had in there tonight with all of our top players not playing.

19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yes brown Tate and nwaba was the best line up out there. It was already a head scratcher when they announce the starting line up.

a line up of House PJ 0 Tucker a and Oladipo was bound to get crush add cousins it was going to be bad. Luckily cousins and Tate kept us there.

I don’t understand the obsession of playing pj Tucker over 30 mins. Today it was better since he played 23 but Ben our hot shorter only got 18mins.

Pj is not even giving anything offensively now he barely give anything defensively. Just trade him already.
    The guy clearly doesn’t want to be here he clearly didn’t want to be here like Harden. He wants to get paid ? What a joke he is getting over paid now. Last year he was giving us defense at least and getting some corner threes now he can barely score over 5 points.

Btw I love pj but I can’t stand his attitude and his effort and offense.

and Oladipo is a joke I’m sure he doesn’t want to be here or he got jinxed. He was playing better in Indiana. Now every time he is in the ball movement is minimal of nonexistent, jacking up 3s or long 2s. The flow of the game get sucked by him.

House is just so weird to watch him play. 2-7 from three but it’s expected for him to fake a three and mess up the play, throw a bad pass, miss a pass or get silly fouls and just smirking about every play. He is just googling around.

Ben should be getting more shots and he had barely even play before tonight. And he needed to play more yet he barely saw any minutes,18 mins total. If Silas can’t play him for who knows what reason he should be traded so at least he is in a better team and we get something in return for the future.

Kurucs needs to be waived or traded so we can have room to sign a big. We need a back up for boogie. He has improved but we can’t rely on just him plus Wood should be playing the 4 instead of the center. Depends on matchups but we very thin in the middle.

I’m okay if we don’t even win games but I’m not okay with playing with guys that want to be somewhere else. Guys that aren’t giving an effort and that aren’t even trying the system like Oladipo and PJ. Theyre both playing like if Victor was Harden and pj playing like Harden was still in the team.
    This is a team effort isolations (Oladipo) and standing & just spacing the floor (PJ) doesn’t belong in this system. We need ball movement and better effort.

Hopefully Silas moves those two ASAP. I wanted to give Victor a try but he doesn’t fit this system. And pj clearly is just not happy here.

House needs to be moved he is just goofing around and not being serious like he should.

Kurucs doesn’t belong here either

Ben should be playing more but if they won’t play him just trade him

play Mason Jones more get a big and trade the first 4 I mention and I’m sure we will be fine and so much fun.

dcfma and D-rock like this.
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

We are just waiting for the right time to unleash the fury of the ultimate shogun Houston Rockets team.

We just want to give the other teams a cushion of victories before whahaaaaa. Undefeated all the way to the chip.

chadyang likes this.