1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Time to Meet Tank?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Feb 8, 2021.

?

Should the rockets tank?

1. Yes

82 vote(s)
    60.3%
  2. No

54 vote(s)
    39.7%
  1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

2. DLT

DLT Member

No. I actually think that the FO wants to win and tank at the same time. I think that they realize they aren't contenders so they want to win while getting the lowest playoff seed possible. All they want to do is at least be in the top 10 so they are in the play in game. As long as they are in that range, they won't panic or care about resting guys, or being slow to bring guys from the G League. They feel good about where they are. Losing enough to get a good draft pick, winning enough to be in the play in

bmelo, Mr Woods and JayGoogle like this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is actually a question I have.

If you are 10th and you win your play-in games to make it to the playoffs...do you still keep your original draft spot?

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I only say "no" because I don't think they can be one of the bottom 4 teams in the league this season, so there'd be no point.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Rockets should tank and this draft is loaded. Rafa has shown he can find value in a drought.

6. Know Your Role

[​IMG]

Been saying tank since Dwight melted down.

rhee likes this.
  7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

8. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

The rockets want to win and tank at the same time. Just between the balance of being relevant and acquiring picks and assets. Trade deadline is nearly approaching and I think we will know what direction will Rafael would heed. And trading Oladipo or Tucker would determine that

9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Been saying this for weeks... Tired of watching our stars get injured and reinjured. It's not worth it!!! Trade Dipo - his energy sucks really bad. It's bringing the team's enthusiasm down. You can tell he doesn't want to be here. He doesn't play with a chip on his shoulder. On the bright side - let's upgrade BMAC to Gerald Green status. The guy just comes in and drains shots at a really high clip and with great confidence. He has found his niche on this team. You can get at least 3 3-pointers a game coming off the bench.

HakeemOnlyFan and napalm06 like this.
  10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Not win necessarily - just showcase our trade pieces.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

That’s exactly what the Hornets did to the Rockets in the 4th quarter.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Yea...we need a tank. Good idea, man.

[​IMG]

14. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

The Rockets should have started thinking about the future from the moment Harden was sent to Brooklyn.
    The next draft is more talented than anyone in recent years.
    I never understood the enthusiasm of the fans for fighting to enter the playoffs and remain a mediocre team. What Houston needs are stars, and this team doesn't have any. A top four pick in the next draft would surely have one for us. It was a risky bet, yes, but necessary to shorten the team's rebuilding times. I think it may be too late now.
    Wall is still in a slow recovery process, Tucker is a shadow, Dipo is not a star ... this team needs talent, not to win now. I understand that fans always want to win, but the goal is to win championships, not games.

sydmill, B-Bob and BigShasta like this.
  15. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

The team doesn't have to do anything special. The way we are now, if we just keep going, we're already tanking. If anyone has to embrace tanking, it's us fans. Enjoy the underdog wins. Enjoy the losses. And watch lot's and lot's of scouting videos. Stop freaking out over losses and you'll save yourself a trip to the doctor cause a lot more are coming.

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

Do you realize they don’t have to finish in the bottom four in the standings to get one of the top four picks? The NBA has a lottery for teams not making the playoffs! The Rockets could finish with the 6th, 7th, or 8th worst record and still have a decent chance at getting a top 4 pick.

Check out Tankathon.com for odds.

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

To the tank guys ... you should really stop watching this team if that’s what makes you happy. I cannot imagine someone watches the game and get upset by a win. Just saying you should stop watching and stop posting for a while if that’s truly your mentality.

19. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Tanking sucks, no.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

time to summon the mother of all tanks

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut, juanm34 and napalm06 like this.