1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 2/8/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 8, 2021.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Ah yes, what u folks been clamoring to see. The awesome, wholesome team ball play. Nothing makes u folks more excited to see all dem passing, fluid ball movement. we lost but hey it's all about ball sharing.

Downtown Sniper and juanming like this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who are you talking about? I didn't see that.

3. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Please momma make the bad men from Charlotte go away!

DeBeards and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Nah I think the Charlotte announcers pull it off. CA is a bit corny for me. The entire crew is corny, save Calvin

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Agree. Get on it Thaddeus/NBA.

DeBeards and sirjesse like this.
  6. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Ehhh....I thought he laid it on until the final whistle....kind of unprofessional. But, what goes around comes around...it always does.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I'll go with stupidity. Maybe, Cheaptita has a deal to pay 1/2 salary for half the games.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

poster was saying that Boogie is on the verge of erupting at Silas over PT

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Oh, ok.

11. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I watched the entire game and it didn't seem that way. He was engaged in most of the timeouts and was talking with John Wall a lot. Definitely saw some frustration, but not towards Silas (though maybe he was venting to Wall about minutes, idk).

Cousins isn't really a team killer or a bad locker room presence, he went through a shitton of coaches in Sacramento because that organization was awful. I think he's been a good vet on this team so far this year.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yall turn around quickly and trash the coach when a few games ago they were breaking 3 point records. The coach from that game didn't change. The players did.

Obviously, missing 3 best scorers, the team was limited and as we saw when we first traded Harden these guys can only do so much before they run out of talent. If we caught Charlotte on an average night, we win...but we caught them on a night where they felt good and were up for this game for whatever reason.

Richie_Rich and B-Bob like this.
  13. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

Why didnt you play the healthy players. Frustrating for a new team supposedly needing more gametime toghether, yet we sit core players. Thats BS coach.

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Booger's playing all he can handle right now.
    He needs to chill out.

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

It makes a HUGE difference without Wood, Ball, and Gordon, and you know it. This wasn't the group we were all cheering about and you have to know that. SMH

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Missed the game but it’s clear this team desperately needs practice time and full rosters. Resting players to try and win both games is dumb. Play them both on the tougher opponent and rest them for the other. Or play them back to backs extremely limited minutes. We need continuity.

Bo6 likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't think you should every REST Wall and EGo at the same time
    Two of the three Wall/Ego/Dipo need to play at all times

Rocket River

Patience and crenshaw like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think he’s been on his best behavior so far as well

he starts now that Wood is out, he gets 20 minutes a night on average even tho he’s shooting 35% from the field on the season...that seems more than fair for a player of his caliber, and I hope he wouldn’t be so foolish as to try and start grumbling and causing a scene over PT

jiggyfly and Roomba like this.
  19. DLT

DLT Member

Wall and oladipo are going to sit b2bs so if you have to sit Gordon one game, it should probably be when Wall plays. Wall and EGO have good chemistry but wall is a pure PG who can run the offense. Therefore you should let EGO play when Wall sits so he can help Dipo.

Honestly reading the report after last game, I think that Silas chosed to sit EGO in this game instead of the next because he believed in Dipo, asked to bring him here, and thought he might get going if he was the primary guard tonight. Dipo just isn't playing well enough to make Silas look good.

Silas needs to stop trying to get him going and just play his system and let Dipo catch his flow whenever he can. Dipo definitely needs EGO more than Wall would have

JayGoogle likes this.
  20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

We cant possibly win games consistently, even vs weak teams, with keys guys resting seemingly every 2nd or 3rd game and only 1 big on the roster. Its just that simple.

Patience, GotGame15 and DLT like this.