1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Dipo Duping??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BamBam, Feb 7, 2021.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Is Dipo Dumping??

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

They took a shot and failed. It happens not everything pans out. At least he us an expiring and we can flip him for an asset.

Dipo is not that guy but neither is Simmons, whats the Sixers record when Embiid out again? At least with Dipo Rox still end up with a win no matter how he pans out Simmons like he is playing on the Sixers here I doubt we can move that max contract +15% trade kicker for good value.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Is Dipo Dumpling??

:eek:
    [​IMG]

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying we should have done the Philly trade. I was only concerned by the idea that the Rockets intended to use Oladipo as part of their core; that was a terrible plan from Day 1. I wish we would have flipped Dipo the same day we got him.

At this point, I don't think it's a given that we'll be able to trade him in March for something as good as what we gave up to get him - LeVert and our 2023 2nd.

luckyman76 and D-rock like this.
  5. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

It’s on the player. He’s coming of injury, expiring, wants new contract, and supposedly wants to be in Miami.

If he is duping Houston, not a great plan to showcase your talent to other teams for that big pay day.

If he wants to be in Miami, he needs to ball out so they see him over Herro or Robinson cause those are the only few players we would have interest.

Maybe he gets traded to a low seeded playoff team for an FRP otherwise we just hang on to him and let him go after the season.

6. st012m

st012m Member

Apart from 3pt efficiency going down he's pretty much the same player that the Pacers had before the trade! Having said that, I still have a feeling that he's trying to dupe the Rockets into trading him! Bird Rights baby, Bird Rights! Or maybe my gut feeling is just gas, could go either way! ;)

Go Rockets!!!
    .......[/QUOTE]
    Great breakdown but I don't think he'd purposely dupe the team and damage his brand. He's clearly trying based on observation of his defensive efforts but has erratic shot selection which gets more erratic as he tires down during the game. He's coming back from injury and as another had pointed out on this forum, his efficiency trends down over the minutes as he gets more and more tired. He's also playing on a team that has embraced defensive hyperactivity in the junkyard dawg playing style and that will also contribute to stamina issues until he gets used to it. I think that he's doing his best and is in an obvious slump and we're relying on him a lot which doesn't help as teams will focus on him too. He'll eventually get back to it barring any severe injuries or set-backs but the big question is whether it'll be before the trade deadline, or after the trade deadline while he's on the team, or after this season where-ever he ends up.

D-rock and BamBam like this.
  7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I wouldn't pay Dipo much more than what we get for PJ Tucker at this point.

If a team out there like the Knicks wants to give him the max, go for it but signing this guy to a 5 years max is just a bad idea.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Patience...

The guy is coming off a major injury. It's going to take games and games and games for him to get consistent explosiveness back.

Nelly likes this.
  9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Either way Dipo is a rental unless you sell him to a team he will re-sign with. We have absolutely no leverage with teams that have a potentially high pick. GSW could maybe cooperate with Minnesota pick, but I doubt it. We are going to end up with one mediocre pick at best and expirings. It doesn’t really matter too much if he returns to great form or not if it takes 3 or 4 weeks. Let’s pray he carries the team tonight with 40+ points, then somebody might take a flyer.

10. alethios

alethios Member

We could do better fhan Dipo for 30m a year or even 20m a year. Because of the time it takes to come back from his injury, this season he's not going to be the player he once was. We would be throwing good money after bad with the hopes he can play at an all star level for us.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rafael likely had intel on this situation weeks ago.

His bird rights could have significant value to teams like Miami operating near or over the cap.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

13. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I am so done with this scrub. Trade him for a conditional second rounder and call up KPJ dammit.

14. bmelo

bmelo Member

Im bout to hate that man

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Troll-idpo?

DLT likes this.
  16. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Are we beginning to hate him yet?

J.R. likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

I.D.I.O.T.

*grown to hate

18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

it's been painful to say the least.

19. DLT

DLT Member

When a team trades you for a guy who has cancer and still rather keep the cancer patient, that should tell you what indy thought about Dipo. They didn't even ask for anything extra besides the 2nd round pick from Brooklyn. That tells you they wanted nothing to do with him anymore. He needs to start proving people wrong